Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

prove me wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#61    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

• Ignorance I can handle, stupidity I can't.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

OK, let me ask a question of you two arguing jackasses here. Were either one of you there when it happened?

Edited by MoonBaby, 20 May 2004 - 09:38 PM.

"This concept of 'wub' confuses and infuriates us!"
~Futurama <---- the aliens

#62    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:48 PM

Were either one of you there when it happened?

Monnbaby...no offence intended, but if everyone asked that question when trying to determine the past, we'd have absolutely no knowledge of our history, or the world in general tongue.gif I think a certain amount of debate is needed if we intend to ever reach the truth....and the origins of life is something that is so deeply imbeded in our curiousity that it's an answer we need, as a species, to strive towards finding.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#63    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

One minute she's telling me she's writing me a letter and the next she's calling me a jackass?  Wow, what a letter!  I wasn't expecting it.  I guess what me and Chauncy have is almost like sibling rivilry.  We take our fighting into every thread and post wherever we go.   laugh.gif  

#64    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

The point is that there are things that are true and things that are not.

Would you want some guy telling your children these falsehoods? Because thats what they do, they teach children these lies.

Children are our future, your future my future, when you mess with these impressionable creatures at such an age your messing with our future!

This propagation of lies must stop in order for progression to take place.

Saucy keep your faith in God if you so choose but stop the propaganda because it is an evil thing to do.

And as far as your religion goes. I wouldn't hesitate to say that this Anti-christ figure you so anxiously wait to appear, may turn out to be the very religion you preach!

Other than that saucy your a hulluva guy!! wink2.gif  thumbsup.gif  

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#65    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:01 PM

yep, they teach it to every child that goes to school and it should stop!  Evolutionists don't want creation getting into the school and the other way around.  Let's compromise and say don't teach to students anything that can't be proven any way you look at it.  Scientific theories and creation both shouldn't be taught in school.  That's my final answer Regis!  

You are an awesome debater and obviously hardcore about what you believe in.  It's been fun, Chauncy, but let's end this never-ending fighting and just shake hands.  After all the fighting, we're both really bloody and broken, but at the end of the day, nobody will win this one.  No hand will be raised as the victor.  We'll continue on with our lives believing in whatever we believe; no harm and no foul!

*extends hand out to be shaked*

#66    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:12 PM

user posted image

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Posted Image

#67    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

Kidding people, I was kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you want me to bring in gunsmilie.gif? Cuz I will, and I'll have fun with it clap.gif bounce.gif. mwahahahahahaha. Keep arguing, it's fun to watch. I'll keep my mouth shut, I promise.

Edited by MoonBaby, 20 May 2004 - 08:27 PM.

#68    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

Evolutionists don't want creation getting into the school and the other way around. Let's compromise and say don't teach to students anything that can't be proven any way you look at it.

Or.... we could teach both in schools and leave it up to the kids to decide what path they want to take.

#69    Venomshocker

Venomshocker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

• "Everything you are for strengthens you, everything you are against weakens you."

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:53 PM

Good idea Moonbaby.  thumbsup.gif  

Gestalt Reality
"Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity."  ~ Pleiadians

#70    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (saucy @ May 20 2004, 08:34 PM)
Why do you call it lies?  Because it doesn't agree with your knowledge?  Yeah, thought so.

Omf, Chauncy, forget it, this guy is too corrupted by creationist propoganda to even understand why what he's saying is wrong and unscientific. Too corrupted by creationist "science" which is intent on manipulating science, taking it out of context, nitpicking it, and degenerating it in the hopes that they recruit someone not so well educated in science (like, lets say... a 13 year old). How many times have I and others walked him through why his arguments are not right and infact do not prove creationism? three dozen times? He just cant accept it though.

Btw, old earth and evolution dont disprove God neither. It just disproves the literal interpretation of the Bible.

Also, when you say someone had an OBE because he was dead and identified that blue thing... why didnt he go to heaven? Why was he walking around instead of going to heaven in the tunnel like others claim? Not all the stories are alike, some stories are just the people getting out of their physical body. That doesnt prove God neither. Even if they are actually getting out of their physical body it doesnt prove God at all. Also, the white light seen by people when dieing has been explained by the endorphines released by your body to minimalise the pain the person is currently experiencing while dieing.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#71    zygon

zygon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• dead men tell no tales

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

sorry if anything like this has been said, im too tired to read the whole thread and i have a psychology exam tomorrow morning!
anyway
i think it's better to believe in an afterlife. because that way, if you die and goto heaven (being optomistic here, hells not gonna come into this...apart from that mention) then you can think you had the right beliefs. if theres nothing, then you're not going to be around to care.
the other way roud,if you believe in nothing then you die and nothing is there then you're not gonna be around to say to other people 'told you so' but if you goto heaven then you're gonna think 'oh...guess i was wrong'
(not trying to make anyone change their beliefs by the way) sorry if none of this makes sense, once again im very tired.

My site!
--dont steal...the government doesnt like the competition.
save time, assume i know everything
if you're 555 then im 666
Posted Image

#72    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:11 PM

And why let your fear hamper with your life?

If you dont believe in an afterlife, and there is one... dont you go there anyway? If you believe in an afterlife, and there is none, then you wont be able to say "haha, told you so" anyway.

Edited by Stellar, 20 May 2004 - 10:14 PM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#73    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:51 PM

then you wont be able to say "haha, told you so" anyway.

No, you'll be DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#74    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:29 PM

Hey, i'm just trying to end all the religious debates here at this site and shake everyone's hand because nobody's right and nobody's wrong because we just don't know.  We can look at all the evidence we have and think we have but we just won't know until it happens.  We're both gonna think we're right, we're both gonna have bias and I'm sure people at this site are getting tired of religious talk.  I asked Saruman for a religious board, he respectfully declined, so I opened up my own forum where there's room for Christians to talk to Christians without athiests bothering them, I've created evolution vs. creation debate board for discussions such as this, I've made room for people with other religions to discuss topics and there is athiest boards and just general discussions.  Please, if you want to fight about religion, please take it there and unless anyone else has help for moonbaby (she personally told me she found the answer she was looking for) then I call that this and all the other religious boards be closed!  

Moonbaby, I'm glad you found what you were looking for and I hope you keep searching as I am because we've both been wrong before.  We thought we had everything down and later it broke our heart to find out it was wrong.  Go about life with an open mind and an open heart because anything is possible in this crazy world of ours!

#75    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:50 PM

Hey, i'm just trying to end all the religious debates here at this site and shake everyone's hand because nobody's right and nobody's wrong because we just don't know.

Saucy you must realize that this forum 'Unexplained-Mysteries' deals with of course mysteries.

When we discuss these mysteries we inevitably reach a point where the science stops, after this point some speculate with more science, some people use this oppurtunity to claim God.

Because everyone on here is fluent with the science and what not we will always debate religion after all other points are exhausted.......the religion debate is an inevitable one when we are dealing with these subjects, so don't feel like you need to hold back, ok thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users