Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occult and individuality

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Anthony North returns with another 'Beyond the Blog', this time he's taking a look in to the area of the occult.

"Anthony North: Whilst I am not an occultist, I have studied its rituals and history for decades. Iím convinced it holds value for life and knowledge, in that it seems to me to be a continuance of deep spirituality that can trace its routes to the first religions. There has been a distinct western occult tradition that arose out of the European period of questioning that stretched from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment, and this did, in a way, pollute the original roots of the system."

View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    raphnix

raphnix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

I think he was just making some publicity about he's current enthusiasm with occult studies.
Why would some skeptic care about his new found field.

Sometimes astrology does makes sense.
It's time for us to believe...

Psychic Blog || Psychic Articles || Online Games Resources

#3    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

True Magick has Celtic origin whereas the Cabala has Judeo-Egyptian roots, which have been then remixed with early christian magick..   Very little is know of Celtich Magick most of it as been re-created by Gardner in the early 40/50s.  While reading Isreal Regardie's Golden Dawn (Regardie was Crawley's secretary for about 4 years), it became true to me that Crowley was mad, egotist and hedonist, but he was a genuine and capable magician (in the true form of the word).  If not his thirst for emotion, mixing alcohol and heavy drugs, he may have achieved greatnest beyond the means of ordinary individuals.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users