Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Catholic Demonologist Handbook


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

I recently purchased this book and I wanted to say this a  comprehensive overview of diagnosing and solving ghost and demonic hauntings
by Kenneth Deel a Catholic laity demonologist, has written this guide with over 30 years of experience to back him,
I would highly recommend this as a must have for any serious paranormal group.



With   over 297 pages and 115,668 words, it was written with those in mind who   seek a higher learning of the studies of Christian-Judeo demonology.
This more in depth study will provide an answer to many questions about   Demonic Hauntings and ghosts.


- Can demons read your mind?
- Why are ghost Really here?
- Why would some renovations result in a "haunted house"?
- New theories on Cold Spots, Poltergeists, and Residual hauntings.
- Why would a House seem haunted for one family and not another?
- What are "Shadow people"
- Discerning 'a demonic' from 'human' spirits
- Incubus / Succubus Encounters
- Sleep paralysis: When is it "paranormal"?
-Dealing with Children "who see ghosts"



Kenneth Deel


#2    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

    cosmic wombat

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:west of the east coast.

  • "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

Sounds interesting, will definitely have to check it out.

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#3    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Between now and then.

  • "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

I would like to see some excerps before spending that much on a book that seems to advertise itself as a 'know all' written by an 'expert'.  Granted those words are not used, but that is the sense I get from reading about it.
I have a feeling i wont be seeing this book in any stores or church where I could get a glimpse at it.  Too bad, I woulnd have considered more seriously investing in it for reference purposes after seeing some of it.

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#4    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

    Master Blaster

  • Member
  • 11,065 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Missing TX.

  • One day love will find me.....

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

That is a pricey book. Dang. The guy reminds me of a hippie. grin2.gif

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 23 February 2009 - 11:17 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.


...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#5    Odd Christian

Odd Christian

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:ohio

  • Never assume my belief or stance on anything. I am not like anyone else you will ever meet.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

I ordered a copy, when i get it and read it i will let you all know if it is worth buying. The price isn't really that expensive actually. I have seen ebooks that cost much more.

the thing that gets me is the various spellings of the last name on the site it is spelled deel all over the site, and by the copyright it is spelled deil. wonder if he knows his webmaster can't figure out how to spell his last name?

supposedly going to be published in the future, just have to wait for the publishing company. It may be hard to find when it does come out.  It will be interesting to read.


#6    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Between now and then.

  • "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Odd Christian on Feb 27 2009, 01:11 AM, said:

I ordered a copy, when i get it and read it i will let you all know if it is worth buying. The price isn't really that expensive actually. I have seen ebooks that cost much more.

the thing that gets me is the various spellings of the last name on the site it is spelled deel all over the site, and by the copyright it is spelled deil. wonder if he knows his webmaster can't figure out how to spell his last name?

supposedly going to be published in the future, just have to wait for the publishing company. It may be hard to find when it does come out.  It will be interesting to read.


Thank you I would be most thankful for your opinion on the book, and suggestion on whether to buy it or not

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#7    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:51 AM

MaggieDruydess on Feb 23 2009, 02:26 PM, said:

I would like to see some excerps before spending that much on a book that seems to advertise itself as a 'know all' written by an 'expert'.  Granted those words are not used, but that is the sense I get from reading about it.
I have a feeling i wont be seeing this book in any stores or church where I could get a glimpse at it.  Too bad, I woulnd have considered more seriously investing in it for reference purposes after seeing some of it.
I have the book and it already is one that many are buying ..JMO but Ken Deel knows what he is talking about..The only thing I can do is give you a link to his profile with somethings about the book and Kenneth..of course you can decide your self..


Ken Deel

Ken Deel @ IAH


Ken Deel Swords Of Saint Michael


#8    Odd Christian

Odd Christian

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:ohio

  • Never assume my belief or stance on anything. I am not like anyone else you will ever meet.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:50 AM

Ok i got my copy today (monday, it is 1:20 am as i type but it is still "today" until i go to bed original.gif ).

First let me say that i spent time skimming over the book, and there was nothing that I did not already know. That being said, i can recommend that it be added to anyones library that studies these things. What he wrote was basicaly what I learned from years of study of protestant "spiritual warriors" as well as secular researchers but gathered into one place. I would not suggest that it be the only source of study, but added to a serious study I believe it will be very helpful. Keep in mind that it is from the point of Catholic theology.

  Problems I have with it- Not major problems, but..

  Needs a good go over by a proofreader. would appear more proffesional. my writting and spelling is horrible, but even a self published book should be proofread.

  In my opinion he oversimplifies spirits into two categories 1. good or bad 2. human or inhuman( inhuman= angels fallen and unfallen the problem with this is that evidence and scripture(such as revelation refering to the "angel" of the water) shows that  the word angel-means messenger- is broadly used to describe any good spirit that sides with God. Not neccessarily residing in heaven.

  Much of Catholic (roman catholic, as he differentiates) doctrine I do not agree with, such as praying to angels, I believe that prayer should be directly to God.

He refers to scripture to back up his beliefs about spirits, but in one place points out that the king james version having been edited first by constantine, then by luther is full of errors and mistranslations (this i have no problem with, i have studied this and it is true) in one place using scripture to back up a belief and in another saying that it is not -for reasons above- concrete truth.  this leads to confusions.

Good things- he does simplify things so that anyone can understand. Unlike many catholics who write books like this, he does not discourage seeking help from protestants. He differentiates that when he uses the term exorcist, he is refering to sanctioned exorcists in the roman catholic church, and points out that protestants call their's deliverance ministers. He explains what he means by the terms he uses, so there is no misunderstanding.

He makes it clear that he is writing from his own experiance and does point in a couple places that previous research (both religious and non) back up his experiances.

He includes prayers that can be used and instructions on how best to use them

He describes different types of spirits and what activities, according to his experiances and that of others he has studied, they are associated with

He talks about the best way to do interviews, and evidence collecting to determine what kind of spirit, if any you are dealing with so you can assit them or be able to provide information for an exorcist/deliverance minister.

overall it is a good resource to add to your library, but as i said it should not be the only one. i will stop now as if i continued to describe what he has in th ebook this post will be much longer.

Oh yeah, the envelope was hand addressed, and the book was signed in blue ink pen ( i have a sci-fi/fantasy book "autographed" which looks like it was printed) with "I hope you find this book useful and informative. enjoy! and signed with his name. a very nice personal touch.


#9    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

This was an excellent review OC very nice of you to take the time!


#10    Odd Christian

Odd Christian

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:ohio

  • Never assume my belief or stance on anything. I am not like anyone else you will ever meet.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Aanica. I forgot one thing i didn't like. some of the text is lighter than the rest and is a bit hard to read.

I also think that it would have been better to make it an e-book (in pdf format) instead of the print book. -it would have been cheaper and easier to self publish, and distribute. as well as made it easier for readers to take it with them on a lap top for reference.
(just an idea for anyone reading this that is thinking of publishing their own book)


#11    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Odd Christian on Mar 10 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

Thanks Aanica. I forgot one thing i didn't like. some of the text is lighter than the rest and is a bit hard to read.

I also think that it would have been better to make it an e-book (in pdf format) instead of the print book. -it would have been cheaper and easier to self publish, and distribute. as well as made it easier for readers to take it with them on a lap top for reference.
(just an idea for anyone reading this that is thinking of publishing their own book)
I do believe I agree with you, I gave Ken this link so he knows about feedback, I stay at his site mostly now the Swords Of Saint Michael, I do like to watch the theological threads. There is definitely some good topics over there.


#12    deepislandboy

deepislandboy

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined:21 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Marthas Vineyard

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

The Skeptic Eric Raven on Feb 23 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

That is a pricey book. Dang. The guy reminds me of a hippie. grin2.gif

When they say 30 years of experience, I think they mean 30 years of dropping acid tongue.gif.


#13    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

deepislandboy on Mar 10 2009, 04:53 AM, said:

When they say 30 years of experience, I think they mean 30 years of dropping acid tongue.gif .
wtf? where did that come from.. cool.gif


#14    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Aanica on Feb 17 2009, 01:21 AM, said:

I recently purchased this book and I wanted to say this a  comprehensive overview of diagnosing and solving ghost and demonic hauntings
by Kenneth Deel a Catholic laity demonologist, has written this guide with over 30 years of experience to back him,
I would highly recommend this as a must have for any serious paranormal group.

I have read that book and can say, some of those things are completly wrong.
Some are partly right but never a right or complete answer... (x-demons opinion)


#15    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

I have read that book and can say, some of those things are completly wrong.
Some are partly right but never a right or complete answer... (x-demons opinion)
Set... where did you read that book?  

The author is a friend of mine; so unless you bought it ,this book is not available anywhere I know of yet, hence the title "underground edition" and if you did read it some where would you mind telling me where so I can pass this information to Ken...

Thanks Set..





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users