Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Catholic Demonologist Handbook

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Aanica on Mar 10 2009, 05:59 PM, said:

Set... where did you read that book?  

The author is a friend of mine; so unless you bought it ,this book is not available anywhere I know of yet, hence the title "underground edition" and if you did read it some where would you mind telling me where so I can pass this information to Ken...

Thanks Set..

That information is confidential... I promised not to tell about it.

#17    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

• "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Odd Christian on Mar 10 2009, 01:50 AM, said:

Ok i got my copy today (monday, it is 1:20 am as i type but it is still "today" until i go to bed original.gif ).

First let me say that i spent time skimming over the book, and there was nothing that I did not already know. That being said, i can recommend that it be added to anyones library that studies these things. What he wrote was basicaly what I learned from years of study of protestant "spiritual warriors" as well as secular researchers but gathered into one place. I would not suggest that it be the only source of study, but added to a serious study I believe it will be very helpful. Keep in mind that it is from the point of Catholic theology.

Problems I have with it- Not major problems, but..

Needs a good go over by a proofreader. would appear more proffesional. my writting and spelling is horrible, but even a self published book should be proofread.

In my opinion he oversimplifies spirits into two categories 1. good or bad 2. human or inhuman( inhuman= angels fallen and unfallen the problem with this is that evidence and scripture(such as revelation refering to the "angel" of the water) shows that  the word angel-means messenger- is broadly used to describe any good spirit that sides with God. Not neccessarily residing in heaven.

Much of Catholic (roman catholic, as he differentiates) doctrine I do not agree with, such as praying to angels, I believe that prayer should be directly to God.

He refers to scripture to back up his beliefs about spirits, but in one place points out that the king james version having been edited first by constantine, then by luther is full of errors and mistranslations (this i have no problem with, i have studied this and it is true) in one place using scripture to back up a belief and in another saying that it is not -for reasons above- concrete truth.  this leads to confusions.

Good things- he does simplify things so that anyone can understand. Unlike many catholics who write books like this, he does not discourage seeking help from protestants. He differentiates that when he uses the term exorcist, he is refering to sanctioned exorcists in the roman catholic church, and points out that protestants call their's deliverance ministers. He explains what he means by the terms he uses, so there is no misunderstanding.

He makes it clear that he is writing from his own experiance and does point in a couple places that previous research (both religious and non) back up his experiances.

He includes prayers that can be used and instructions on how best to use them

He describes different types of spirits and what activities, according to his experiances and that of others he has studied, they are associated with

He talks about the best way to do interviews, and evidence collecting to determine what kind of spirit, if any you are dealing with so you can assit them or be able to provide information for an exorcist/deliverance minister.

overall it is a good resource to add to your library, but as i said it should not be the only one. i will stop now as if i continued to describe what he has in th ebook this post will be much longer.

Oh yeah, the envelope was hand addressed, and the book was signed in blue ink pen ( i have a sci-fi/fantasy book "autographed" which looks like it was printed) with "I hope you find this book useful and informative. enjoy! and signed with his name. a very nice personal touch.

Thank you so much for the reveiw. I know now to save my money.  Thanks for going to all the trouble of writing this out.

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#18    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

That information is confidential... I promised not to tell about it.
wink2.gif you crack me up Set!!  right....  whats on page 58...lol

#19    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I could say, though I don't remember a book after just reading it once. I'm not really sure if I can recall anything as I did not note to much interesting or truthfull in it...

#20    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 12:37 PM, said:

I could say, though I don't remember a book after just reading it once. I'm not really sure if I can recall anything as I did not note to much interesting or truthfull in it...
OK I will drop it glad you got to read it ...btw page 58  is about "demons cant spell'... grin2.gif
have a good one Set!

#21    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Aanica on Mar 10 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

OK I will drop it glad you got to read it ...btw page 58  is about "demons cant spell'... grin2.gif
have a good one Set!

You know, the deamons langua is much harder to learn...
It is hard enough to have to be able to speak languas around the human world (that always change) and not many deamons wish to learn something when it always change...

#22    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 01:39 PM, said:

You know, the deamons langua is much harder to learn...
It is hard enough to have to be able to speak languas around the human world (that always change) and not many deamons wish to learn something when it always change...
But Set arn't demons all knowing?  and just one more question...in the hierarchy of rank what level are you?

#23    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Aanica on Mar 10 2009, 08:43 PM, said:

But Set arn't demons all knowing?  and just one more question...in the hierarchy of rank what level are you?

Demons just chose to learn a langua, but if they chose to learn the writing it is something else... not all knowing by the way, just mostly if they care to learn everything they would mostly know everything. (with so much time on their hands there is lots of deamons that know more than any mortal probably ever could be capabal of learning)
My rank is Rebellion deamon against both heaven and hell...
That meens I am a hell lot stronger than a normal deamon for the "greatest" not to be able to controll me... in other words, wich of his sons don't you wish me to be.

Edited by Set the Fallen, 10 March 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#24    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

Demons just chose to learn a langua, but if they chose to learn the writing it is something else... not all knowing by the way, just mostly if they care to learn everything they would mostly know everything. (with so much time on their hands there is lots of deamons that know more than any mortal probably ever could be capabal of learning)
My rank is Rebellion deamon against both heaven and hell...
That meens I am a hell lot stronger than a normal deamon for the "greatest" not to be able to controll me... in other words, wich of his sons don't you wish me to be.
Set there is no rank of rebellion demon; not according to hierarchy in hexan hammer...Set do you want to go to a thread and discuss things again ..I think I would enjoy it and there might be some fun for both of us!...

#25    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Aanica on Mar 10 2009, 10:06 PM, said:

Set there is no rank of rebellion demon; not according to hierarchy in hexan hammer...Set do you want to go to a thread and discuss things again ..I think I would enjoy it and there might be some fun for both of us!...

You meen, you actually wanna discuss it?
About the demon plain and such thing or? I meen, I would love to talk about, but it is suprising that you wish to kinda + that most are kinda negative when I talk about the deamon side.

Edited by Set the Fallen, 10 March 2009 - 09:38 PM.

#26    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Roleplaying = nono.

#27    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:48 PM

Moonie2012 on Mar 10 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

Roleplaying = nono.

No one is roleplaying

#28    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 03:27 PM, said:

You meen, you actually wanna discuss it?
About the demon plain and such thing or? I meen, I would love to talk about, but it is suprising that you wish to kinda + that most are kinda negative when I talk about the deamon side.
If it becomes a problem for any one I got your back Set I have studied your old posts and I believe you, truly and would like to discuss it with you I am sending you a PM now

Moonie2012 on Mar 10 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Roleplaying = nono.
I do not believe she is role playing and I have invested considerable time researching her old posts, I have my motivations of course.. Set has been posting here and never varied from her statement of being what she claims...not once ; so her history alone eliminates any question of role playing besides it take two correct..I am still Aanica..

Set the Fallen on Mar 10 2009, 03:48 PM, said:

No one is roleplaying
I believe you

#29    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

laugh.gif

Her posting history is flawless? All that proves is that she's a GOOD roleplayer.

If she's a demon, I'm from the moon. Oh wait - I am. I'm a moon demon - king of the moon demons, to be precise. Wheeeeeeee! Fear me!

Edited by Moonie2012, 11 March 2009 - 01:40 AM.

#30    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

Moonie2012 on Mar 10 2009, 07:27 PM, said:

laugh.gif

Her posting history is flawless? All that proves is that she's a GOOD roleplayer.

If she's a demon, I'm from the moon. Oh wait - I am. I'm a moon demon - king of the moon demons, to be precise. Wheeeeeeee! Fear me!
laugh.gif n Good try Moonie..I fear no one...

Edited by Aanica, 11 March 2009 - 03:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users