Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Werewolf reported in Brazil

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
In a recent report from Brazil a woman claims to have been attacked by a 'werewolf' which scratched her arms and face. This is one of a number of such reports in recent years involving 'werewolf'-like creatures in the region.

"[Translated] According to the victim’s account, the creature looked like a big dog. Police is looking for a suspect that may have used a costume to attack the girl. The inhabitants of São Sepé, Rio Grande do Sul, [Brazil] have one more reason to fear Friday the 13th. Besides the bad luck and the strange happenings during the day, a ‘werewolf’ is supposedly at large. One of the possible victims, a 20-year-old, recorded her complaint in the police."

View: Full Article | linked-image Source: Forgetomori

News story suggestion submitted by vacho

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Probably a hairy Brazilian man in a wolf mask. With bad breath.

Edited by Insaniac, 22 February 2009 - 12:23 PM.

#3    000000000000000

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

Costume? Seriously? Who would attack someone with a costume and I would think someone with minimal intelligence could tell if it is a costume. It isn't like the attacker would spend like 1000$ on a realistic werewolf costume for the sole reason of attacking people. If its really a werewolf I hope them cops have some silver bullets handy.

#4    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

HumanTorch on Feb 22 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

Costume? Seriously? Who would attack someone with a costume and I would think someone with minimal intelligence could tell if it is a costume. It isn't like the attacker would spend like 1000$ on a realistic werewolf costume for the sole reason of attacking people. If its really a werewolf I hope them cops have some silver bullets handy.

Yep but the problem is that werewolves are still a physical impossibility.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#5    Voyager10

Voyager10

Bass City Roller

• 2,374 posts

• "The light in the window
    Is a crack in the sky
    A stairway to darkness
    In the blink of an eye"
    -Ozzy Osbourne

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

I hope she wasn't bitten ...

Edited by Voyager10, 22 February 2009 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

http://beam.to/dreamjournal
No matter how I try I find my
way into the same old jam

-Led Zeppelin

#6    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,760 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Another one spotted in Argentina (munching on chickens)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...141482&st=0

#7    Ell

Ell

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

UM-Bot on Feb 22 2009, 12:07 PM, said:

In a recent report from Brazil a woman claims to have been attacked by a 'werewolf' which scratched her arms and face.

That is not much of an attack.

#8    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:07 AM

HumanTorch on Feb 23 2009, 03:00 AM, said:

Good point, it would be kinda obvious because there's a good chance that a costume shop in the area would come forward and say something, unless some crazy person got one online.

Ell on Feb 23 2009, 09:57 AM, said:

That is not much of an attack.

That's also a good point, it sounds like it was a dog almost, some dogs leap up on people to just play, which would explain why she wasn't bitten by it. Maybe she's milking the story for all its worth. the scartches would have been from the paws.

My old dog (Golden Retriever, used to play around like that when he was younger and I was quite young also, I used to receiver scratches to my hips sometimes and probably my arms as well. It's a possibility that the dog scratched her face with its paw when leaving.

Edited by Blueguardian, 23 February 2009 - 05:10 AM.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#9    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

I don't think that it was a Warewolf no.gif .

Pavot

Edited by Pavot, 23 February 2009 - 05:55 AM.

#10    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• 2,140 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

It sounds like someone is pretending to be a supervillian, trying to get a super hero to show himself.  I must go...

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) – Astrophysicist

#11    l0v3b1t3

l0v3b1t3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• "Imperfection is beauty; Madness is genius. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

I find it ridiculous how something which may resemble a wolf combined with a person is automatically labeled a 'werewolf'.
I'm sure there are other possibilities of animals that could resemble the appearance which those do:
Hairy
Big
Stands on two legs
Has claws

Especially in the night.

As much as I'd like to believe that it might have been an actual werewolf, it's highly unlikely.

I won't be left dancing along to songs from the past.

#12    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,285 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

Mac E on Mar 3 2009, 07:28 AM, said:

It sounds like someone is pretending to be a supervillian, trying to get a super hero to show himself.  I must go...

linked-image

could be....

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#13    onethatknows

onethatknows

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

werewolfs could possibly exist but not in the way most ppl imagine them i dont think ppl could turn into a hairy creature like what ppl see on tv but there could transformanist (and yes it is a real word its a person who thinks or can turn into a animal or something else) with amazing ability that some ppl can not explain yet imagine if a secret like that got out they would be chased around or maybe even killed because we dont understand them yet its human nature to destory things we dont understand

#14    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

View Postl0v3b1t3, on Apr 16 2009, 03:45 AM, said:

I find it ridiculous how something which may resemble a wolf combined with a person is automatically labeled a 'werewolf'.
I'm sure there are other possibilities of animals that could resemble the appearance which those do:
Hairy
Big
Stands on two legs
Has claws

Especially in the night.

As much as I'd like to believe that it might have been an actual werewolf, it's highly unlikely.

Well what else are we supposed to label creatures that look half man and half wolf?

Werewolf just means "manwolf" so yes anybody that is a person physically combined with a wolf is entitled to the label werewolf. However I don't believe such exists, so it's safe to say that what she saw wasn't entirely accurate, she might've made half of it up...there have also been a few more stories floating around in that area, so maybe things have become a little exaggerated, a little bit of hysteria has spread...*shrugs*

It sounds a little like the description of the dogman, except, wrong area, surely if there were that many of the things getting around something would've been found...

As others have said, surely a big monstrous werewolf wouldn't have left her in tact. It doesn't add up well.

Not to mention the description still fits the werewolves of Hollywood movies *sighs*

Posted Image

#15    Vinny95

Vinny95

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

This is obviously not real as if there was a werewolf why did it stop attacking her i mean i read alot about werewolves and they all say that the werewolf is consumed by need for blood so it would nnot have stoped with just a few scratches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users