Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Bloop

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#106    catutie

catutie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

• wait there looking at this....hurry say somthing smart..........................

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

hmmm i remember watching somthing on the giant squid (never finished it...to boring fell asleep and never found out if they found it  crying.gif ) and they couldnt go that far down cause the shippy type thing that they built couldnt go down very far under the pressure. how fat have we gone down into the oceans??? cause even about 100 feet can hide somthing of segnificant size.

#107    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,661 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Well, if you look at the location at which this occured
http://stable.toolserver.org/geohack/geoha..._scale:40000000

There could very well be a living creature that has made the noise. Two reasons I will highlight are:
1. The ocean in which it inhabits is huge and not overcome by land.
2. El Nino brings all the fish near the Southern coast of South America bringing in a plentiful supply of fish

#108    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

Orcseeker on Mar 2 2009, 11:14 AM, said:

Well, if you look at the location at which this occured
http://stable.toolserver.org/geohack/geoha..._scale:40000000

There could very well be a living creature that has made the noise. Two reasons I will highlight are:
1. The ocean in which it inhabits is huge and not overcome by land.
2. El Nino brings all the fish near the Southern coast of South America bringing in a plentiful supply of fish

That is where the signal was received, not it point of origin. The point of origin was south from there hence NOAA think ice.

Catutie DSV Alvin can dive to 4km, giant squid have been filmed at 0.9km. DSV Nemo is due for complete in 2011 and has a range of 6.5km

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#109    catutie

catutie

Psychic Spy

• 1,229 posts

• wait there looking at this....hurry say somthing smart..........................

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

and the bottom would be how far down???

#110    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

catutie on Mar 2 2009, 07:45 PM, said:

and the bottom would be how far down???

That would depend on where you are, but the maximum I believe is 11km.
Squid do not go down that deep though.

Edited by Mattshark, 03 March 2009 - 01:32 AM.

YNWA

#111    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

We don't know everything what is in the planet Earth yet.... so for now The Bloop stays as "Unknown"...

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#112    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

Mattshark on Mar 3 2009, 01:12 AM, said:

That is where the signal was received, not it point of origin. The point of origin was south from there hence NOAA think ice.

Catutie DSV Alvin can dive to 4km, giant squid have been filmed at 0.9km. DSV Nemo is due for complete in 2011 and has a range of 6.5km

oh right... my bad. However, the kraken comes to mind. It is reportedly 1km in diameter if i remember correctly. Though are squids or octopus' capable of making sound?

#113    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Orcseeker on Mar 3 2009, 06:24 AM, said:

oh right... my bad. However, the kraken comes to mind. It is reportedly 1km in diameter if i remember correctly. Though are squids or octopus' capable of making sound?

No, no mechanism for producing such a sound.
I however doubted this was an animal before I spoke to the guy who ran the investigation. Since I spoke to him I have more convinced that this is not animal. NOAA certain do not think so.

YNWA

#114    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Wasn't it some crackpot who listens to whale songs that said it was an animal that made the sound because she didn't recognize it as a geological (or glacial as the possibility might be) in origin? How much geological/glacial sound is a whale researcher exposed to? I can understand if the range of sound is possible by living creatures, but to claim that it was an actual animal seems a little like putting the cart in front of the horse.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#115    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

Someone had suggested it was an air bubble from an extremely large animal. Though more like a gas bubble of large proportions. It is also claimed to be first reported by South American natives. The sound if heard above surface would give you seizures or kill you.

Edited by Orcseeker, 03 March 2009 - 10:52 AM.

#116    catutie

catutie

Psychic Spy

• 1,229 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

ok so lets say the point they were at was 11km deep..we go down 6.5km deep and we still have 4.5km to go for somthing to hide in. and if it is somthing that is not afected by pressure and eats......squid once a year and then we have a hidden monster that makes the bloop

#117    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

LOL! The "Bloop" was a squid fart! LOL! Nah, but, really, I think that it was either a giant squid or just some kind of deep sea floor gas release. ould be wrong though. Pull the plug on the bottom and we'll ALL find out! LOL!

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#118    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,661 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

Lord Umbarger on Mar 4 2009, 06:26 PM, said:

LOL! The "Bloop" was a squid fart! LOL! Nah, but, really, I think that it was either a giant squid or just some kind of deep sea floor gas release. ould be wrong though. Pull the plug on the bottom and we'll ALL find out! LOL!

Thanks to Mattshark it could not be a giant squid or anything belonging to such family as there is no mechanism to produce this sound with, let alone bring them to the surface to give everyone that hears it a seizure or killing them due to its extreme volume. Though the gas is something to look into.

#119    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

catutie on Mar 3 2009, 03:49 PM, said:

ok so lets say the point they were at was 11km deep..we go down 6.5km deep and we still have 4.5km to go for somthing to hide in. and if it is somthing that is not afected by pressure and eats......squid once a year and then we have a hidden monster that makes the bloop

That would they'd be exclusively in the Mariana trench. Which it simply can't be.
That is is also just unrealistic. Everything is affected by pressure. Big thinks are effected more.
Its called reality.

YNWA

#120    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Orcseeker on Mar 3 2009, 10:48 AM, said:

Someone had suggested it was an air bubble from an extremely large animal. Though more like a gas bubble of large proportions. It is also claimed to be first reported by South American natives. The sound if heard above surface would give you seizures or kill you.

It was definitely not an air bubble. It was something out side the range of human hearing, like a dog whistle for example. Wouldn't have effected us.
NOAA say nothing about animals, South America and being deep. They do say it came from south of their station.

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users