Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Alien abduction

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#16    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

I don't doubt that abductions happen. But I think most are bunk.

especially those who claim it happens over and over again.. Video it !!! multiple video camera's for those who'll say they malfunction. Put the camera's in the yard ! at a neighbors ... or friends so your house can be watched. be creative ! put double sided tape on the floor - heck I'd be covering the floor with it . that way you could possibly get some dna. try to scratch them for dna ( supposedly some people try to fight. it doesn't take much to get dna - a few cells)

something that would be more than just your word . anything. but of course............. they won't.

#17    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

Lt_Ripley on Feb 28 2009, 12:08 AM, said:

I don't doubt that abductions happen. But I think most are bunk.

especially those who claim it happens over and over again.. Video it !!! multiple video camera's for those who'll say they malfunction. Put the camera's in the yard ! at a neighbors ... or friends so your house can be watched. be creative ! put double sided tape on the floor - heck I'd be covering the floor with it . that way you could possibly get some dna. try to scratch them for dna ( supposedly some people try to fight. it doesn't take much to get dna - a few cells)

something that would be more than just your word . anything. but of course............. they won't.

If you read my article, you'll notice I use things called facts, Definitions of Sleep Paralysis, Hypnagogia, Hypnopompic States. I point out the inconsistencies in the arguments by the very nature of the definitions.

& it's not my word, read a little into the subject Check out the names on the list. Also your suggestions make sense, get physical evidence, however you don't know what you are dealing with. Your average abductee in the abduction scenario is powerless. Abductees have tried taping, with variations of success, some of the more deeply affected have even tried rigging weapons. Aliens have been reported to be able to levitate themselves & the abductee through walls, the laws of tripping a trap & turning on a videotape may not easily apply when you're dealing with a entity capable of moving through solid objects.

Edited by fireinthesky, 28 February 2009 - 12:27 AM.

#18    NigelTM

NigelTM

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

How often does it occur than an abductee wake up wearing the wrong clothes? Has it ever been documented one time?

Haven't abductees claimed to have been floated through windows, or even solid walls? I seem to recall reading of abductees  being put in the same place (chair, bed) and position as when they were abducted. If that's true, then that's a strike in favor of the more rational, prosaic explanations.

#19    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

fireinthesky on Feb 27 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

If you read my article, you'll notice I use things called facts, Definitions of Sleep Paralysis, Hypnagogia, Hypnopompic States. I point out the inconsistencies in the arguments by the very nature of the definitions.

& it's not my word, read a little into the subject Check out the names on the list. Also your suggestions make sense, get physical evidence, however you don't know what you are dealing with. Your average abductee in the abduction scenario is powerless. Abductees have tried taping, with variations of success, some of the more deeply affected have even tried rigging weapons. Aliens have been reported to be able to levitate themselves & the abductee through walls, the laws of tripping a trap & turning on a videotape may not easily apply when you're dealing with a entity capable of moving through solid objects.

bull hockey.

seems Betty Hill tried to fight them . as did many others. I've seen no Abductee videos save one - a woman obviously having either a night terror or lying. but nothing was in the picture with her.

I think 90% are nothing more that sleep paralysis and the like - delusional thinking. And the only ones I've seen state they can move through solid objects are those who obviously go through sleep paralysis.

Like I said - the so called problem video taping ?? be creative . set security camera's outside the house - view all sides , even above. have a neighbor set up a camera that your friends with. SOMETHING. Wrap double sided tape on your own body , arms , legs...... get dna.

till then - it isn't believeable.

#20    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Lt_Ripley on Feb 28 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

bull hockey.

seems Betty Hill tried to fight them . as did many others. I've seen no Abductee videos save one - a woman obviously having either a night terror or lying. but nothing was in the picture with her.

I think 90% are nothing more that sleep paralysis and the like - delusional thinking. And the only ones I've seen state they can move through solid objects are those who obviously go through sleep paralysis.

Like I said - the so called problem video taping ?? be creative . set security camera's outside the house - view all sides , even above. have a neighbor set up a camera that your friends with. SOMETHING. Wrap double sided tape on your own body , arms , legs...... get dna.

till then - it isn't believeable.

I think your an armchair theorist & no researcher on the subject. Ignorant, lazy & no determination whatsoever.

#21    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

NigelTM on Feb 28 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

How often does it occur than an abductee wake up wearing the wrong clothes? Has it ever been documented one time?

Haven't abductees claimed to have been floated through windows, or even solid walls? I seem to recall reading of abductees  being put in the same place (chair, bed) and position as when they were abducted. If that's true, then that's a strike in favor of the more rational, prosaic explanations.

Check out Budd Hopkins books, Missing Time, Intruders.
Check out David M Jacobs books.
Check out Derrel Sims Case Studies.
Check out Stanton T Friedman's articles, books & websites.

You have to dig to get information on this topic, just because it's not plastered everywhere on the tv doesn't mean there are no cases. There are thousands of them, if not millions.
There are over 3392 Physical Trace cases collected by Ted Phillips. Anyone with dedication to reasoning, logic & science can understand the holes & loose ends of the sleep paralysis & other pseudo science skeptic explanations.

A good skeptic is a skeptic who is open to data, there is tonnes of evidence. If something is a fraud I have no hesitation in tossing it out. I go where the evidence leads me

#22    NigelTM

NigelTM

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

fireinthesky on Feb 27 2009, 09:36 PM, said:

Check out Budd Hopkins books, Missing Time, Intruders.
Check out David M Jacobs books.
Check out Derrel Sims Case Studies.
Check out Stanton T Friedman's articles, books & websites.

You have to dig to get information on this topic, just because it's not plastered everywhere on the tv doesn't mean there are no cases. There are thousands of them, if not millions.
There are over 3392 Physical Trace cases collected by Ted Phillips. Anyone with dedication to reasoning, logic & science can understand the holes & loose ends of the sleep paralysis & other pseudo science skeptic explanations.

A good skeptic is a skeptic who is open to data, there is tonnes of evidence. If something is a fraud I have no hesitation in tossing it out. I go where the evidence leads me

Hopkins et al said millions of people have been abducted.

I call baloney. As has been said previously on this board, quoting Sagan, why didn't the neighbors notice?

"I go where the evidence leads me...." sorry, but I usually hear that from people to whom the evidence leads them in one direction: toward the conclusion they want. I'm not saying that about you, since I don't know you, but it's often said by people, usually on pro-ET "documentaries," who are barely capable of hiding their agendas.

#23    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:17 AM

NigelTM on Feb 28 2009, 02:56 AM, said:

I call baloney. As has been said previously on this board, quoting Sagan, why didn't the neighbors notice?

"I go where the evidence leads me...." sorry, but I usually hear that from people to whom the evidence leads them in one direction: toward the conclusion they want. I'm not saying that about you, since I don't know you, but it's often said by people, usually on pro-ET "documentaries," who are barely capable of hiding their agendas.

Call it whatever you wish doesn't change the fact that it is happening & is affecting & is being witnessed by people who couldn't give two &*#$# about aliens. I'd say stop watching documentaries & start reading.

#24    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

NigelTM on Feb 28 2009, 02:56 AM, said:

Carl Sagan has no qualifications or experience in any respect to the alien abduction phenomenon. He's a noisy negativist with armchair theories & no field work or witness & abductee interaction whatsoever. His comments are worthless.
Most of the UFO documentaries out there are garbage, there are plenty of scammers & liars purporting lies & pseudo science for bucks I have no disputes with that. The quality information on UFO's & Alien abductions is in the case studies worked on by qualified individuals who do it philanthropically (Derrel Sims). In Short pick up a book & turn off your tv.

Edited by fireinthesky, 28 February 2009 - 03:27 AM.

#25    McKenna

McKenna

I'm a miracle baby. I'm a gift of life from God.

• 2,448 posts

• The Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but
    the Lord looks on the heart."(1 Samuel 16:7)

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:29 AM

fireinthesky on Feb 27 2009, 08:26 PM, said:

Carl Sagan has no qualifications or experience in any respect to the alien abduction phenomenon. He's a noisy negativist with armchair theories & no field work or witness & abductee interaction whatsoever. His comments are worthless.
Most of the UFO documentaries out there are garbage, there are plenty of scammers & liars purporting lies & pseudo science for bucks I have no disputes with that. The quality information on UFO's & Alien abductions is in the case studies worked on by qualified individuals who do it philanthropically (Derrel Sims). In Short pick up a book & turn off your tv.

In Short pick up a book & turn off your tv.

-------------------------------------------------------

Now that's the spirit tongue.gif

McKenna Elise Adams MySpace Page
McKenna Elise Adams Website Page

I have found a way. And I am not ashamed.

#26    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

No one knows for sure if alien abductions are real or not.

I personally think they are possible, but not probable...if I had the technology to travel thousands of light years, its a safe bet that I also have the medical technology to examine someone without physically removing them from wherever they might be at the time. If the 'aliens' can walk through walls, then they clearly have some form of matter manipulation technology (like star trek's transporter) and therefore could easily insert implants without physical surgery.

If we can take detailed photography of Earth from satellites in orbit with our level of technology, then just think what a more advanced species could do from that distance.

Besides, ET could gain all the information they ever needed about human anatomy etc from the interent, and they could probably download the whole internet in a matter of nanoseconds.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#27    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

I understand the reason for being sceptical but it needs to be from a point of knowledge.It appears that even it was not actual physical abduction these poor souls experience it was more than a lucid dream. I have read those who oppose the notion of abduction and their arguments do not stand up to scrutiny.As one other poster commented read about the subject before you oppose the notion.

#28    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,659 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

fireinthesky on Feb 28 2009, 04:26 AM, said:

...In Short pick up a book & turn off your tv.

Just because something is in print doesn't make it somehow more sound/valid. For example, David Icke has written books.

BTW, Dr. Sagan has been deceased for quite some time now. Wiki link

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#29    chaoszerg

chaoszerg

Underpants Gnome

• 9,418 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

Lt_Ripley on Feb 28 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

Bubble wrap your entire floor then when those pesky aliens come by you hear them coming and get to have a giggle at the pleasing popping sound.  tongue.gif

#30    Ra_Sun-God

Ra_Sun-God

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

From this site http://www.ufocasebook.com/Manhattan.html it seems they do not only abduct rednecks from the country, but also people who lives in city.

A pro hypnotiser may be able to find out if these abductees really was abducted.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users