Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Alien abduction

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#31    Ra_Sun-God

Ra_Sun-God

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

Lt_Ripley on Feb 28 2009, 01:08 AM, said:

I don't doubt that abductions happen. But I think most are bunk.

especially those who claim it happens over and over again.. Video it !!! multiple video camera's for those who'll say they malfunction. Put the camera's in the yard ! at a neighbors ... or friends so your house can be watched. be creative ! put double sided tape on the floor - heck I'd be covering the floor with it . that way you could possibly get some dna. try to scratch them for dna ( supposedly some people try to fight. it doesn't take much to get dna - a few cells)

something that would be more than just your word . anything. but of course............. they won't.
I'm afraid the Greys could be able to shut down cameras by using their "Supernatural" power. Just my theory.

#32    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Lilly on Feb 28 2009, 12:04 PM, said:

Just because something is in print doesn't make it somehow more sound/valid. For example, David Icke has written books.

BTW, Dr. Sagan has been deceased for quite some time now. Wiki link
There is more than just those who support one side. I did not say read those who believe in alien abduction, both sides have valid views that you should be read.Im not advocating blind belief but an open minded debate on the subject.

#33    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

fireinthesky on Feb 28 2009, 03:26 AM, said:

Carl Sagan has no qualifications or experience in any respect to the alien abduction phenomenon. He's a noisy negativist with armchair theories & no field work or witness & abductee interaction whatsoever. His comments are worthless.
Most of the UFO documentaries out there are garbage, there are plenty of scammers & liars purporting lies & pseudo science for bucks I have no disputes with that. The quality information on UFO's & Alien abductions is in the case studies worked on by qualified individuals who do it philanthropically (Derrel Sims). In Short pick up a book & turn off your tv.

Well I'm no expert on alien abductions but I have read the following books: Abductions - Edith fiore. Abductions - John.E.Mack. Adductions - Ann Andrews & Jean Ritchie. And Close encounters of the Fourth Kind - C.D.B Bryan.

None of these books prove anything.

How are you validating the info contained in the books you read?

#34    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

Ra_Sun-God on Feb 28 2009, 12:07 PM, said:

From this site http://www.ufocasebook.com/Manhattan.html it seems they do not only abduct rednecks from the country, but also people who lives in city.

A pro hypnotiser may be able to find out if these abductees really was abducted.....
I dont believe hypnotism brings out the truth every time.

#35    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Sky Scanner on Feb 28 2009, 12:17 PM, said:

Well I'm no expert on alien abductions but I have read the following books: Abductions - Edith fiore. Abductions - John.E.Mack. Adductions - Ann Andrews & Jean Ritchie. And Close encounters of the Fourth Kind - C.D.B Bryan.

None of these books prove anything.

How are you validating the info contained in the books you read?
So what is your conclusions on these claims ?

#36    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

xris on Feb 28 2009, 12:22 PM, said:

So what is your conclusions on these claims ?

I don't have a definitive conclusion, other then it's probably a mixture of things going on. Alien abduction isn't proven whatsoever though.

Edited by Sky Scanner, 28 February 2009 - 12:28 PM.

#37    Ra_Sun-God

Ra_Sun-God

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

xris on Feb 28 2009, 01:19 PM, said:

I dont believe hypnotism brings out the truth every time.
Some claimed abductees may be able to cheat the hypnotiser  grin2.gif

#38    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Sky Scanner on Feb 28 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

I don't have a definitive conclusion, other then it's probably a mixture of things going on. Alien abduction isn't proven whatsoever though.
I did not ask if it was proven, i dont think its proven but you must have an opinion.

#39    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Ra_Sun-God on Feb 28 2009, 12:26 PM, said:

Some claimed abductees may be able to cheat the hypnotiser  grin2.gif
If we assume that they are all cheating or all mad then we have a duty to prove it but the evidence does not support that proposal.

#40    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

xris on Feb 28 2009, 12:32 PM, said:

I did not ask if it was proven, i dont think its proven but you must have an opinion.

Yes, which I've already given.

#41    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Sky Scanner on Feb 28 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

Yes, which I've already given.
You have not, you have just objected to it in principle .The truth is in the detail not the expressions of support or disdain.

#42    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

xris on Feb 28 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

You have not, you have just objected to it in principle .The truth is in the detail not the expressions of support or disdain.

No, wrong again. I've disagreed with the alien abduction scenario on the grounds of lack of evidence.

#43    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Sky Scanner on Feb 28 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

No, wrong again. I've disagreed with the alien abduction scenario on the grounds of lack of evidence.
There are thousands of reports by normal sane americans expressing their experiences. If you dont believe they had any experience then you must give a reason why you think they have been so strangely taken with the need to lie.If you think they are mistaken in their interpretation of their experience you must debate that also.Its not a matter of lack of evidence, its if the evidence is valid.

#44    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

fireinthesky on Feb 27 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

If it's in their heads, then it wouldn't leave physical evidence or witnesses or co-participants. Also if it's in their heads, were they to seek medical help, they would be diagnosed.

What physical evidence, and what witnesses!!?? There is none... as most of us know, anecdotal is far from proof.

Like Carl Sagan used to say...

With all the millions of people claiming to have been abducted by aliens, Im surprised their neighbors havent noticed.

Edited by hazzard, 28 February 2009 - 01:14 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#45    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

hazzard on Feb 28 2009, 01:10 PM, said:

What physical evidence, and what witnesses!!?? There is none... and as most of us know, anecdotal is far from proof.

Like Carl Sagan used to say...

With all the millions of people claiming to have been abducted by aliens, Im surprised their neighbors havent noticed.
How are we to debate a sweeping rhetorical statement such as this ? so its now down to neighbours peeping out their curtains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users