Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dream with Top Hat Man

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    jimmy22

jimmy22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

I came across this board and well...wanted to share a story/experience that I had hoping maybe someone else has gone through the same thing.

I was maybe hmm.. 16 at the time, I had this dream that this top hat guy, an old man with a suit/top hat came towards me, as he came over me, its like he entered me I woke up, scared out of my mind.  Anyways, soon after this experience, I started having anxiety/panic attacks/feeling always scared/weird thoughts/seeing shadowy floating things everywhere in my vision etc.

I was pretty messed up for a while, there was a point where I nearly went crazy, everything seemed to go downhill from that day.

It took a lot of time, I am now 26, and to say that it took until I was 24 to actually develop some confidence/and overcome this.  Once I became more and more confident in myself I noticed that I started to feel a lot better, now I am completely fine, but still carry this memory from a long time ago.  I look and feel this as a positive as it made me a stronger person, but still wonder if anyone has ever had an experience like this before.

#2    MysticOnion

MysticOnion

The Intersect

• 3,675 posts

• That's so awesome I can't watch the road. ((SCREEECH OF BRAKES... CRRRAAASSSHHHH)))

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

jimmy22 on Feb 28 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

Hi,

I came across this board and well...wanted to share a story/experience that I had hoping maybe someone else has gone through the same thing.

I was maybe hmm.. 16 at the time, I had this dream that this top hat guy, an old man with a suit/top hat came towards me, as he came over me, its like he entered me I woke up, scared out of my mind.  Anyways, soon after this experience, I started having anxiety/panic attacks/feeling always scared/weird thoughts/seeing shadowy floating things everywhere in my vision etc.

I was pretty messed up for a while, there was a point where I nearly went crazy, everything seemed to go downhill from that day.

It took a lot of time, I am now 26, and to say that it took until I was 24 to actually develop some confidence/and overcome this.  Once I became more and more confident in myself I noticed that I started to feel a lot better, now I am completely fine, but still carry this memory from a long time ago.  I look and feel this as a positive as it made me a stronger person, but still wonder if anyone has ever had an experience like this before.

Similar yes - I was in my teens too, an entity, a lady in an old black lacey victorian style dress would affect me in similar ways - very scarey actually and later I found that she resembled my grandmother whom I'd never met .  I found the best way to deal with it was to use the occult and not the doctors or medication - but you know it can be different for everyone in the end.  I just felt better for being able to expel her.

Posted Image

Gun Bondage?

#3    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

About 6 years ago I was asleep and about 3am,  I rolled over to my side and saw a very tall man wearing a top hat and a cloak standing next to my bed. I screamed, my ex husband woke up, he started screaming. Iím not sure if it was because I was screaming, or if he saw it too. He said he thought he saw something, I kept yelling what did you see?, what did you see.?.he just said a man by your side of the bed. I asked him to describe what he was wearing but he couldnít, he said it was a flash, then he was gone.

The top hat was the 1st thing I saw, and to this day I am scared I will see him again.

I am hoping it was just a dream, because if he was real it was the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#4    jimmy22

jimmy22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Sho_Sho on Mar 3 2009, 08:04 PM, said:

About 6 years ago I was asleep and about 3am,  I rolled over to my side and saw a very tall man wearing a top hat and a cloak standing next to my bed. I screamed, my ex husband woke up, he started screaming. Iím not sure if it was because I was screaming, or if he saw it too. He said he thought he saw something, I kept yelling what did you see?, what did you see.?.he just said a man by your side of the bed. I asked him to describe what he was wearing but he couldnít, he said it was a flash, then he was gone.

The top hat was the 1st thing I saw, and to this day I am scared I will see him again.

I am hoping it was just a dream, because if he was real it was the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

its pretty interesting, there are too many encounters of this kind to even keep track of,
wonder what they are or the point of them...

#5    kieron0111

kieron0111

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Hi This is my first post I wanted to reply to your post about men in top hats.

When I was about 10 or 11 I woke up suddenly in the night and looked over at the window to see a man in a full black sort of victorain outfit top and tails with a black top hat on, he was standing on the roof and had an umbrella opened up above his head. I was frozen with fear but eventually ran to my parents to tell them. Naturally there was nothing there but even twenty years later it is still so vivid.

#6    allie_shy

allie_shy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

• make your ends known to your means

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

jimmy22 on Feb 28 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

Hi,

The description and details you give really make me think of a shadow person, now there are many different theories on what and who they are some people feel they are malevolent people or beings from another dimension trying to gain something from our insight/perception/minds the thing that gets me with shadow persons is they all have the same story they are very much unlike the typical ghost sighting they are always very menacing and leave a great impact on those who experience that is very much different from a ghost sighting like i just said, look into shadow persons if you don't know about them, it really fits what you have talked about.
Shadow persons are not only something that is seen just during a dream but people claim to see them while wide awake and doing typical activities, they also have ties to the men in black, ET's, and astral projection, now I don't know how much i believe in this all being true as it's hard for me to look out side of my own logic and pre conceived notions of what is real and not, but shadow persons are very interesting and extremely creepy at that and some of the stories that go along with them include missing time/following stange events,abductions, all sorts of things some of the stories are really rather terrifying.

Or it could have been something as simple as a sleep paralysis or "old hag" event where it was simply just a dream where you wake up and have a fear and feel something is watching you/sitting on your chest and you can't breath and have an impending feeling of doom but i'm sure you know what this is.

Everyone is an expert with a degree on the internet.

#7    fullmoonwerewolf

fullmoonwerewolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

jimmy22 on Feb 28 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

Hi,

that is so scary, my old middle school (right now i am in high school) it has a woods behind the school and there is a scary ghost/ a person that is dressed up in an old suite and a top hat (we also call him top hat man) that lives there and he always used to follow us around, and one day, i saw a (about) 5ish ft snake wrapping around his leg, (my friend also saw it) and the snake was like black and scary, my friend said he was the devil...
if you go back there sometime he is following you, and other times, he is leading you... Very SCary

"If man were immortal he could be perfectly sure of seeing the day when everything in which he had trusted should betray his trust, and, in short, of coming eventually to hopeless misery.  He would break down, at last, as every good fortune, as every dynasty, as every civilization does.  In place of this we have death."
Posted Image

#8    SilverWood

SilverWood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

I had an encounter with a similar being a couple years back, but this one had actually possesed one of my roommates. I would suggest caution in dealing with these beings.

the who: Keeper of the Balance, the what: Guardian of the Light.

#9    jimmy22

jimmy22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

SilverWood on Mar 13 2009, 09:55 PM, said:

I had an encounter with a similar being a couple years back, but this one had actually possesed one of my roommates. I would suggest caution in dealing with these beings.

wow, that is extremely scary, especially about the shadow people,
i'm not sure what or why or even if they exist, but the experience I will not forget,

I saw this as something that preys on those somewhat fearful, insecure, or negative,
during this period in my life, I would hear a lot of knocking, sometimes there would be a knocking under my bed, or it felt like something had a hold of my mind,
it was a really disturbing period in my life, I became depressed, anxious and constantly nervous, insecure etc.

what I am getting at is, that if you or anyone you know is having issues like this, for the most part, confidence, and a belief in yourself seems to lessen the power that something like this may have over you,

I wonder what it was, and probably will never know, but I am a positive person and usually find something good to come out of even the most disturbing experiences,
this was most definitely something paranormal or even evil entity, I could sense that there was something around me, like it was attached to my back following me around...

#10    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

jimmy22 on Mar 1 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

Hi,

When I sleep I use to experience this kind of things.
Supposingly a deamon tried to change me so I would be something or other... painfull, also people heard weird screams from my room (though I don't think that is true. Why would I scream ... uh anyways).
I had something similar, though it seems that I don't have pain dreams (for now). I wonder how long that will last before the deamons brake the defence of both angel, god (wich I don't belive in by the way) and spirit guides. But then again... I say I am a deamon and not from earth so some would say these things are invented by the mind.  ph34r.gif

#11    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

Set the Fallen on Mar 16 2009, 08:19 PM, said:

When I sleep I use to experience this kind of things.
Supposingly a deamon tried to change me so I would be something or other... painfull, also people heard weird screams from my room (though I don't think that is true. Why would I scream ... uh anyways).
I had something similar, though it seems that I don't have pain dreams (for now). I wonder how long that will last before the deamons brake the defence of both angel, god (wich I don't belive in by the way) and spirit guides. But then again... I say I am a deamon and not from earth so some would say these things are invented by the mind.  ph34r.gif

I didnít get a feeling of demon, but then again, I am wouldnít know if it was a demon if it slapped me in the face. I am always leery of things being automatically called a demon.

I do know that what I saw was very real, and it was one of the reasons I joined UM in the 1st placeÖTo see if others have seen the same thing, and itís even scarier to me that others have described exactly what I saw. I was hoping it was just a bad dream.  

I knew since my ex saw something too it was highly unlikely, but it gets me through at nights because I live alone, and I would have an absolute heartattack if I rolled over and ever saw that again.  

I just want to know what it wanted, and why was it there in the 1st place.

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#12    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Sho_Sho on Mar 16 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

I didnít get a feeling of demon, but then again, I am wouldnít know if it was a demon if it slapped me in the face. I am always leery of things being automatically called a demon.

I do know that what I saw was very real, and it was one of the reasons I joined UM in the 1st placeÖTo see if others have seen the same thing, and itís even scarier to me that others have described exactly what I saw. I was hoping it was just a bad dream.  

I knew since my ex saw something too it was highly unlikely, but it gets me through at nights because I live alone, and I would have an absolute heartattack if I rolled over and ever saw that again.  

I just want to know what it wanted, and why was it there in the 1st place.

I only call it a deamon because the guy told me he was (and normaly kids on 5-6 years don't have scary dreams, that give pain, tear asunder your clothes in claw paterns, make you say and do freaky things in your sleep without leaving the bed and that would be more creepy than any horror movie made today. SO I think I belive the guy in the dreams.).
I think I understand your reasons.
When I finaly got enough of abnormal experience that I just trew of as "Imagination", I choked my own heart when I could not explain away the worst thing that happend that made me feel I had to share it. SO I understand you. It is not a nice thing to sudenly have something beside your bed (or for my case, over you, heavy, blue white hands and screaming in your ear). Defentlie not a bad dream... belive me...
It would be a happy world if there was nothing like reality, because reality is were bad things hapens.

Best luck to you. happy.gif

#13    shane90

shane90

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Sho_Sho, on 03 March 2009 - 07:04 PM, said:

I remember an incident up here in Pelican Narrows with one of my wife's cousins having an encounter with a similar entity at the local creek where a lot of weird stuff happens from time to time over the years.But anyway,he and another buddy guy saw the same thing at that location in the shadows during the night and it really scared the hell out of them!My understanding is that it is some sort of negative energy being taking on that form from what I was told.

#14    Genie5

Genie5

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

I have had two dreams with this man in them.   He is so evil he oozes evil in my dreams and I don't want to go near him.   The first time he showed up was about 15 years ago and the dream was very dark and there were other evil people with him.   I was being shown a black and white horror movie from an old Victorian camera.  There was a woman entombed in a wall.   The whole dream was unlike any other dream I have ever had in that it held a type of realism to it and an urgent sense of danger.   When I awoke I was sure glad the dream was over but I noted how unusual it was.
The second time he showed up was about 2 years ago.  I was on a path and the Top Hat Man was standing down the path talking with two other people that were also evil.  My man stands quite tall at about 6' 5", thin and wears a black top hat and a black coat.   He looks sort of Abe Lincolnish but I don't remember his face.   The other two people were shorter and stocky.  One was about 5'10" and the other about 5' and stocky.   They aren't wearing any hat.  I saw them down the path and they seemed to notice me but were interested in something else and were engaged in conversation.   I acted as though I didn't see them and quickly backed away and then woke up.

#15    fotomoto

fotomoto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I was 13 years old when I saw the Top Hat Man.  I remember waking up, or thinking that I was awake and looking up to a mobile hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom.  The mobile was of the solar system.  At that age I had a deep fascination for the comic book X-Men and at that moment I thought to myself, "I think I can make these planets move with my mind."  So I focused on these planets and to my amazement they began to slowly spin.  Then they began to spin a little faster.  In that moment I realized that I was not controlling the spin of the planets and I became frightened.  The planets began to violently spin and thats when I heard a demonic laughter.  The planets broke from the strings and I looked towards my bedroom door.  A man in a black top hat with a white face stood laughing at me with the most disturbing, dark laugh I have ever heard.  I tried to scream or move but I was paralyzed.  I finally woke up and ran out of room screaming.  Everything in my room was normal and the mobile was not broken or anything.  Needless to say I had trouble sleeping by myself after that.  

I am now 29 years old and about 5 years ago I was on my way to work and I was listening to Coast To Coast AM.  A caller called in and asked George Norry if he has ever had any callers call in and ask about a man in a black top hat laughing at them with a demonic laughter.  Until that moment I could at least discredit my experience as a dream.  Now I know that it was not just a dream and whatever this man in the top hat is he is real...at least in some dimension.  

I have had many other paranormal experiences in my life none of which were as terrifying as this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users