Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dream with Top Hat Man

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    jrudd0712

jrudd0712

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have to add an experience I had when I was about 6 years old.

I remember being in morning Kindergarden in Indiana where we lived in an old farm house. My mom would pick me up from kindergarden and she would feed me lunch then take a nap on the couch. While she was sleeping I would see a man, maybe pail without facial hair, he wore a black suit and had a tall top hat on. We would play a strange game, I would see him peek around a corner and smile at me. I would run to where he was and he would instantly be around a different corner. We would play for awhile, until my mom woke up. I dont think I ever said anything about it, and until recently I thought it was all my imagination. What made me reconsider my thought somewhat are all the other accounts of this hat man.

Unlike alot of stories I have read, I was not scared, he was not scary. In fact, I liked playing with this man. I am not sure how long this last, weeks or months, but I have never seen it again, as far as I know. My mother ended up dieing of cancer a few years later when I was in second grade, around 8 years old.

Is it possible that I have witnessed the same hat man or shadow person that others have discribed?

#17    moosehead

moosehead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• IS there happiness out there for me?

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I have searched for this kind of shadow person. Finally a thread that sounds like what I experienced.
I was asleep one night. Dreaming. Altho I knew I was asleep and dreaming I seemed to be aware of everything else. At the foot of my bed stood a tall black figure and I describe him as looking like Abe Lincoln. A top coat and top hat. He just stood there. I was not afraid. I felt he was there to tell me something. As I half raised up in bed the figure was now on my right. In my mind I thought if I reached out and touched it I would know for sure if what I was seeing was real. About half way thru my reaching out tho I also thought well what if I die if I touch it? So I immediately woke up and was sitting up with my arm outreached.
It was the strangest and most real thing even tho I was sleeping I knew I was sleeping and dreaming however I also knew that I was not alone in the room.
Have never had it happen since but will never forget that.

Happiness illudes me. Each day is a struggle.

#18    71Barracuda

71Barracuda

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Moose-
There’s another thread here covering the Hat Man.  Go to:
Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal
Stories & Experiences
Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

LINK: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=200056

There’s 72 pages covering the subject.
Have fun reading.

BTW - Welcome to the site

#19    SimpleheartsComplexminds

SimpleheartsComplexminds

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

So, when I was in about 3rd grade or so I was laying in bed, trying to go to sleep.  My bedroom door was open and I look up to see a figure standing in the doorway.  The first thing I noticed about the figure was the top hat, and how tall the figure was. (About six feet or so.)  I had trouble sleeping that night, due to nightmares I don't quite remeber.  Anyway, a year or so later I had a friend sleepover at my house. (I hadn't told anyone of the man yet)  We slept on the floor in the living room, with our back to the doorway.  Early in the morning we awoke at the same time and looked at each other.  After a short silence my friend said, "Did you see him too?" We both agreed we had seen, dreamt, or just sensed the man in the top hat standing behind us.  We later learned saying "Man in Top Hat" would cause bad luck, or cause him to appear later.  So we came up with a name for him, "M.I.T.H"  A few months after this my friend saw M.I.T.H again, but at someone elses house.  M.I.T.H appeared in random places,(He once appeared sitting at my sister's desk in her bedroom, she asked if anyone had come into her room that night, but everyone said they hadn't.) but usually during the day, and he brought with him an clear sense of discomfort.  When I turned about 13 M.I.T.H stopped appearing.  But today I was surfing around the internet and found a story about a figure wearing a top hat, while reading this story My computer screen scrolled down, but I thought nothing of it.  Then It started scrolling again and I stood up from the chair while it was still scrolling.  It stopped in the middle of the page where my mouse pointer landed on a comment that was almost just like my story.

#20    mostdope21

mostdope21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

I also had a experience and i do still hear and see things that im still trying to figure out what going on,  talk to my sister but she think it my mind playing tricks on me and it isn't real but i knew what i saw was real

Before i share my dream, i must tell you that before i went to bed i heard a whisper saying " Dont you go to sleep " and then i went to bed with the lights on. in my dream i rose out of bed and i could see everything in my room and the scaring part was the lights was still on but anyways after i rose up from bed i turned my head and saw this hat man but mine was wearing a white top hot, gold chain necklace, his face was like freddy kurger and long white pants/coat and sitting next to my chair that was next to my closet. the creepist part was while i stare face on, he tip his hat at me and shake his head like i did something wrong. after that i got out and try to open my door but it wouldn't open than i scream and saw my roommate on the sofa with her headphones on than all of a sudden i woke up and it was 4 in the morning. Now can anyone explain this to me plz?

#21    kidagakash

kidagakash

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostSilverWood, on 13 March 2009 - 08:55 PM, said:

I had an encounter with a similar being a couple years back, but this one had actually possesed one of my roommates. I would suggest caution in dealing with these beings.
My brother let himself be bound to one of these things. It promised him power in exchange for his life force. He has had random violent outbursts since where he acts like a completely different person. One time a friend I had was able to sever the connection for a short while. My brother kept ranting about it being right outside my window and that he wanted to go to it. My friend said that there was a large black "cloud like" thing directly over him and he called on God to cast it from my room. It still gets hold of him on occasion though. I know what they are, to an extent that I can keep them from getting in my head most of the time. However they do succeed sometimes and in moments I am so drained that I am straining to even be self-aware and fully concious. These things are completely bad. Do not let them in. Do not give them your fear. If at all possible try not to even think about them at length. That draws them in like water to a sponge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users