Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#1    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

We've translated this article from the Italian. Another translation that readers may find useful---used for ceremonial;funereal;ritualistic;shamanistic etc. purposes -often means; "we don't know what it was used for"...s8int.com

In the first wing of the Egyptian Museum of the Cairo between two rooms close to the Momias Room, one cannot help but be surprised to see in a small display cabinet, although not without some difficulty caused by the reflections of the light on the crystal that covers it, a solitary object similar to a wheel or stone disc.

This strange object has disturbed and continues disturbing all the Egyptologists that have had occasion to study it at great length. The first of them was its discoverer, Brian Walter Emery, one of the most important Egyptologists of 20th Century and the author of a classic volume on Egyptology, Archaic Egypt, that continues to be, after many years, an important bibliographical reference for the study and an understanding of the origins of the Old Egyptian Civilization

http://s8int.com/phile/page52.html

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#2    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

louie on Mar 5 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

We've translated this article from the Italian. Another translation that readers may find useful---used for ceremonial;funereal;ritualistic;shamanistic etc. purposes -often means; "we don't know what it was used for"...s8int.com

In the first wing of the Egyptian Museum of the Cairo between two rooms close to the Momias Room, one cannot help but be surprised to see in a small display cabinet, although not without some difficulty caused by the reflections of the light on the crystal that covers it, a solitary object similar to a wheel or stone disc.

This strange object has disturbed and continues disturbing all the Egyptologists that have had occasion to study it at great length. The first of them was its discoverer, Brian Walter Emery, one of the most important Egyptologists of 20th Century and the author of a classic volume on Egyptology, Archaic Egypt, that continues to be, after many years, an important bibliographical reference for the study and an understanding of the origins of the Old Egyptian Civilization

...and conveniently (but not unpredictably) for s8int.com, the actual source article is nowhere to be seen, so you can't waste your time to check the translation or the alleged "sources".

And if I'm not correct, the Egyptian Museum ("of the Cairo" [sic]?), the rooms are numbered, not named. Is there even a Momias Room?

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#3    SunDogDayze

SunDogDayze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hubcap??

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

#4    johnk81

johnk81

Psychic Spy

• 1,054 posts

• Reporting live

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

I immediately thought candle holder??

dontgetit.gif

ME

Posted Image

#5    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

jaylemurph on Mar 5 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

...and conveniently (but not unpredictably) for s8int.com, the actual source article is nowhere to be seen, so you can't waste your time to check the translation or the alleged "sources".

And if I'm not correct, the Egyptian Museum ("of the Cairo" [sic]?), the rooms are numbered, not named. Is there even a Momias Room?

LOL, sources its a web site lol,lol
nope im not checking i post for people with imagination to play with the info weither its true or not is of no conciquence to me, i have my own thoughts an opnions on whats what, so run back now to belittling kids on topics such as ufos built the pyramids or mythical garden of eden has been found.
Ive no idea what this is an im not even sure if it exists, but i do figure this is the best place to post it for any intrested parties.

www.tmblive.com

#6    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

louie on Mar 5 2009, 04:35 PM, said:

nope im not checking i post for people with imagination to play with the info weither its true or not is of no conciquence to me, i have my own thoughts an opnions on whats what, so run back now to belittling kids on topics such as ufos built the pyramids or mythical garden of eden has been found.
Ive no idea what this is an im not even sure if it exists, but i do figure this is the best place to post it for any intrested parties.

Personally, I never use the stuff, I just sell it to people...

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#7    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,620 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

louie on Mar 5 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

So basically what you're saying here is that no one has to take anything you say seriously anymore.... if they ever did to begin with.

Good to know... thumbsup.gif

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#8    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

jaylemurph on Mar 6 2009, 02:56 AM, said:

Personally, I never use the stuff, I just sell it to people...

--Jaylemurph

LOL. yeah i went to egypt took the photo , started up the web site an wrote the article, im making a fortune.
I noticed you dident pay.
cough up.

www.tmblive.com

#9    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

Czero 101 on Mar 6 2009, 03:00 AM, said:

So basically what you're saying here is that no one has to take anything you say seriously anymore.... if they ever did to begin with.

Good to know... thumbsup.gif

Cz

LOL:LOL do you see my name anywhere attached to that website the photo or the article, no you dont. so apart from reading the writers mind i cant stand behind anything the guy says.
just a talking point for people.
but quick run back to the Aliens built the pyramids thread someone found proof.

www.tmblive.com

#10    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,606 posts

• Question everything

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

It's an exquisite piece of workmanship but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Nor do I see any basis for statements like this:

As well, the Egyptologist Cyril Aldred reached the conclusion that, independently of what the object was used for or what it represented, its design was without a doubt, a copy of a previous, much older metallic object.

I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that any egyptologists who are "disturbed" by this were halfway there to begin with.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#11    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,498 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

I'm good at this but this one's gonna take some time if I get it.

edited to add that it might be upside down. wink2.gif

Edited by cladking, 06 March 2009 - 06:09 AM.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#12    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,498 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

I'll say what I think it is later on but will give a couple more
clues now to what I'm thinking.  There are two missing parts;
a stone or brass ring and a copper deflector for the "top".  

The object is ingenious but performs a simple function in a
highly specific context.  

If I'm right this provides some more detail about infrastructure.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#13    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,779 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

louie on Mar 5 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

The Hell ..they have translated from italian.

The source page linked at the bottom is purely a english only page.
Tomb 3111

s8int is normally a creationist/oopart/ancient astronauts/pseudo **** based site and i wonder why the bothered to  link to a page or stuff thats nowhere connected to oopart/creationism

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#14    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

I think this may have been the originating website that s8int got their info from

Giza Building Project

#15    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

It looks like a hubcap. Thats my 2-cents

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users