Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#526    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

View PostEldorado, on 13 September 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

Some nice pics, sketches and theories here.......
http://www.oocities..../Tomb_3111.html

Oh wow!  That's the site I've been looking for forever, because it shows how the disc was made.  I think there's another site somewhere that shows it in more detail.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#527    path_finder

path_finder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• We did it!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

In addition don't forget the Gill Simo major contribution, here: his theory on the flowerbowl

Why make simple, when you can make complex?...

#528    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

View PostEldorado, on 13 September 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

Some nice pics, sketches and theories here.......
http://www.oocities..../Tomb_3111.html

Nice site, thanks for that.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#529    tri-lobe

tri-lobe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

View PostSwede, on 17 July 2010 - 02:02 AM, said:

tri-lobe: Apologies for the slow reply. First, I do not personally consider you to be a "fringy". It would appear that you are a practical and talented individual who has taken the time and effort to more fully understand the nature of the artifact. As previously noted, I compliment your efforts and what can be learned from them.

I would suggest, however, that your own points support the current supposition that the artifact in question may have had a more ceremonial/religious function.

The current lack of parallels (particularly in other mediums), combined with its presence as a funerary item, may lead one to speculate that the artifact was not intended to be a sub-assemblage of a more elaborate mechanism.

I would speculate that you are aware of the wide array of non-mechanical items associated with burials across the planet. "One-offs" of spiritual/position significance would appear to be not at all uncommon.

As to the bare mechanics; my mention of associated apparati is factor that I am confident you fully understand. Axles, transfer gearing, load bearings, super-structure, etc. For an object of this nature to actually function as part of a water transport mechanism would entail quite an extensive array of components. There would appear, at least to date, no evidence of artifacts that would compliment such an apparatus.

#530    chronoss

chronoss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

you idiots its a chariot wheel ROFL
those flaps would make it hard for you to stick a spear somewhere now would it not?

Edited by chronoss, 28 September 2010 - 04:08 AM.

#531    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

View Postchronoss, on 28 September 2010 - 04:07 AM, said:

you idiots its a chariot wheel ROFL
those flaps would make it hard for you to stick a spear somewhere now would it not?

Oh dear, rims for chariots...... They are the actual bling for any self-conscious pharaoh, who want's to keep his rep as a playa .....
:D  :lol:

Edited by TheSearcher, 28 September 2010 - 05:18 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#532    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I go with our old friend the searcher. He doubts thats even Egyptian vase in  the first place. There is no indication. It could be same as Tuts dagger.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#533    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I just solved the mystery. It was a sun umbrella base, designet to the pharao when he went to the beach. :w00t:

Finally got my black belt....

#534    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,200 posts

• Question everything

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Post~C.S.M~, on 27 May 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

I just solved the mystery. It was a sun umbrella base, designet to the pharao when he went to the beach. :w00t:

Naw dude, it's a Christmas tree base. It's just missing the tripod.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#535    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,657 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

The Pyramid Texts is becoming an open book to me.  Once you get used to the
strange formatting and "hidden"referents it's actually pretty easy.  I could write this
stuff.  There's another reference to the fire-pan.  This one is a little more complex
to understand.  Of course this specific segment is more opaque because so much
is missing as well. Some of the concepts appear nowhere else so can't be deduced
by context.

1781d. he has illuminated the earth with his first divine being.

The king was cremated atop the pyramid to complete his ascension to heaven. He
arose to heaven on the smoke of incense thus being freed from his bandages.  His
"first divine being" is as Atum/ Osiris after he has been transmogrified by the flames.
In life he was mortal and a man with divine potential as Horus, son of "Osiris". In death
he illuminates the earth by causing the fire-pan to rock and be continually refueled.

1781a. --------------------
1781b. N. [went?] to the field of the glorified;
1781c. his hands fell upon Dbn-wp.wt (him of the twisted horns), north of the island of Elephantiné (ȝbw);
1781d. he has illuminated the earth with his first divine being.
1782a (N. I 168). To the side ----------
1782b. ------------ the [urae]us, the gu[ide], in his first birth.

The uraeus is the original source of the CO2 in the ben ben.  There's not a lot of
context to go by but it certainly appears that author intent is  the ability of the dead
king to maintain the flame after he has died.  The concept fits the tenor of this spec-
ific ritual well.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#536    viojun

viojun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

I am really interested in it

#537    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,657 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postviojun, on 07 August 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

I am really interested in it

I'm guessing you have some sort of modern application in mind such as an automatic
shut off valve in case of over or under-aeration in fluid handling?

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#538    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,389 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postcladking, on 07 August 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm guessing you have some sort of modern application in mind such as an automatic
shut off valve in case of over or under-aeration in fluid handling?

Or he's spamming and the post will be removed by a Mod sooner or later?

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#539    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

The surprise this artifact causes for me is more due to the fact that AE could carve a mean circular object out of stone with a circular cavity in the middle through which a rod of somekind could fit and use it as a lamp,but not realise that the circular object could rotate around that central axis and could be used as a gear or more simply a wheel.Strange people these AE were who would drag huge stones weighing several tonnes on sledges and wooden rollers and lift them to great heights building pyrimads which probably requires a great knowledge about levers,pulleys,simple mechanics and complex geometry and math but they would'nt figure out that they should use a wheel i.e a circular object rotating around an axis for transporting heavy loads etc. They knew about boats at the time of building the great pyramids but no wheels.Wheels getting stuck in the desert sand and hence not being used or preferred can be understood by me but the AE not knowing about the wheel and building the great pyramids is a little difficult for me to swallow.

#540    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,389 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 August 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

The surprise this artifact causes for me is more due to the fact that AE could carve a mean circular object out of stone with a circular cavity in the middle through which a rod of somekind could fit and use it as a lamp,but not realise that the circular object could rotate around that central axis and could be used as a gear or more simply a wheel.Strange people these AE were who would drag huge stones weighing several tonnes on sledges and wooden rollers and lift them to great heights building pyrimads which probably requires a great knowledge about levers,pulleys,simple mechanics and complex geometry and math but they would'nt figure out that they should use a wheel i.e a circular object rotating around an axis for transporting heavy loads etc. They knew about boats at the time of building the great pyramids but no wheels.Wheels getting stuck in the desert sand and hence not being used or preferred can be understood by me but the AE not knowing about the wheel and building the great pyramids is a little difficult for me to swallow.

There is sufficient evidence that peoples throughout the Near East knew of and used the wheel at this early time, and this includes Egypt. The main thing is, to what functions could the wheel be applied? For the sake of hauling heavy loads, the limiting factor is the strength of wheel and axel.

Egyptians were almost certainly using simple wheeled carts for agricultural purposes, but there's quite a difference between hauling grain and blocks of masonry. Wheels would've failed and axels snapped, so carts or wagons would not have been practical for hauling large and heavy loads. The Egyptians were always very intelligent and practical people. Sledges were much better suited to the task, and there is definitive evidence for using sledges from at least Dynasty 4 (if not earlier).

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users