Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Martian UFO?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

Another peculier image has been captured in a photograph taken by the mars rover. CLICK HERE to go to the article on the Rense.com site, which also displays the photo.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

Any of our photographic sattelites hanging around the mars orbit still?  could possibly be one of our things...

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#3    TheLight

TheLight

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:59 PM

If it was one of our satelites would there be solar panels on it ? And also given the orbiting distance it should be a really huge satelite (but since I'm not familiar with Mars orbit and thus geostationary distance may be it's possible especially if Mars has a much lower mass than earth (by a factor of 10 let's say)).

Anyone could confirm that ?

TheLight

#4    the Yank

the Yank

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• Don't push it!!!

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:34 PM

It's dust. I've seen too many pics taken with the nav cams to think otherwise.

The "UFO" on the LEFT is in almost every nav-cam image taken from the left side. If the pic from the right side gets put online, you'll see both UFO's are missing. They are taken simultaneously.

Just look at the landscape shots from the day (sol) before, you'll see what I mean aboout the UFO on the upper left...

Quote from that dude: "This is not "dust on the lens" or "something on the film" as the usual idiots will chorus. This is a high resolution digital image"

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

He's gonna feel like an idiot when the right side nav pic gets put online. I'll gladly eat my words if it shows up on the other one though.  blink.gif  

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.."
Albert Einstein

#5    STIX

STIX

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• The fact that threshold points exist and dictate matter suggests a pattern and layered geometry to the universe.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

eat your words and your hat!
umm...yeah, looks like the classic disc shaped object to me

"This is not "dust on the lens" or "something on the film" as the usual idiots will chorus. This is a high resolution digital image"

the above quote is just stupid, how would he know? did he inspect the lens after the photograph?

#6    dezavala

dezavala

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:43 AM

I think it's dust too.  Don't you think NASA would be pouring over every little detail in the photos?  Also, what are the chances aliens would be flying around our rover?

#7    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:44 AM

that looks more like the flash gordon rocket then the classic disc

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#8    Athlon64

Athlon64

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

It doesn't look like anything worth getting excited about. What is all this talk about "solar panels" ? Where on Earth did anyone get that idea from ?  blink.gif

#9    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

OMG NOT FLASH GORDON OMG

it could be swamp gas reflecting off of venus......

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#10    ricky101mtz

ricky101mtz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:27 PM

I never thought i would be doing this for the longest time i have held 2 big secrets that only my mother and best friend know about for the longest i have had nightmares wich have stopped i could never tell anyone in person because the simple fact that they would probably laugh at me im watching this show on ufo`s and i see people saying that it was probably a russian satelite then i hear the people describing it and i would be like that is it... well i guess people are gonna continue being ignorant believing that we are the only ones in the universe but think about it in the universe do you know how many planets they are one of them is bound to have been around for long long time thats probably why their technology is greater then ours well i know what i saw twice people will probably not believe me so thats the reason why i never waisted my time trying to tell people cause they wont believe until they see it for themselfs just like i did and now im a believer till this day i dont think i should waste my time telling yall since this would be entertaining rather then educating so all i can say is keep your eyes open you might see it once or maybe twice like i did well i guess i should say something huh? well if you would like to know or if you have seen it e-mail me i might tell you about it its just that sometimes i dont like to talk about it

#11    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

Couple things ricky, I know you're new and all but what does your revelation have to do with the subject of this thread and secondly, try cutting back on the caffeine, there's a noticeable lack of punctuation in your message that could cause an unsuspecting reader to suffer oxygen deprevation, or worse, severe eye trauma due to runaway sentences.
wacko.gif

MM

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#12    Frigga

Frigga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:02 AM

the lens is dirty. artifact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users