Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paranormal/Beyond Magazine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Vez

Vez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Thats The Spirit"

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anybody knew whether Beyond Magazine and Paranormal Magazine are the same magazines, just different names? I mean, did Beyond go bust and they came back with Paranormal?

I tried looking online but there doesn't seem to be anything about Beyond, the website name is for sale infact. I had a look on the Paranormal magazine website and looked at the back issues - it only goes back to issue 27 - is that where Beyond ended and Paranormal started? It does say on the blurb that the magazine has been relaunched but I was just wondering if it was relaunched under the new name?

I used to collect Beyond magazine, starting with issue 4, when I worked at my old job and then lost track of it, stopping my collection at issue 13. I started to get Paranormal at issue 28 so yeah, I'm obviously missing quite a lot haha.. its just a bummer that I can't get the back issues of Beyond anymore as they seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, and Ebay doesn't seem to be to helpful.

So yeah, basically I was just wondering. And even better would be if someone knows where I could find back issues to Beyond??

Thanks in advance

Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
Seymour: That's the spirit.

#2    David Gamble

David Gamble

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hi,

The original Paranormal magazine closed at issue 26. This issue was printed, but never distributed. This was somewhere around December 2007. Beyond Magazine closed in April of 2008.

What was left of Paranormal Magazine was bought by Jazz Publishing in May of 2008. It was rebranded, redesigned and a new editor was appointed (the previous one ran off with all the computers, apparently).

Hope that helps

David

Vez on Mar 19 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anybody knew whether Beyond Magazine and Paranormal Magazine are the same magazines, just different names? I mean, did Beyond go bust and they came back with Paranormal?

I tried looking online but there doesn't seem to be anything about Beyond, the website name is for sale infact. I had a look on the Paranormal magazine website and looked at the back issues - it only goes back to issue 27 - is that where Beyond ended and Paranormal started? It does say on the blurb that the magazine has been relaunched but I was just wondering if it was relaunched under the new name?

I used to collect Beyond magazine, starting with issue 4, when I worked at my old job and then lost track of it, stopping my collection at issue 13. I started to get Paranormal at issue 28 so yeah, I'm obviously missing quite a lot haha.. its just a bummer that I can't get the back issues of Beyond anymore as they seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, and Ebay doesn't seem to be to helpful.

So yeah, basically I was just wondering. And even better would be if someone knows where I could find back issues to Beyond??

Thanks in advance

Publisher of Paranormal Magazine
Paranormal Magazine Website

#3    Vez

Vez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Thats The Spirit"

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

David Gamble on Mar 19 2009, 05:22 PM, said:

Hi,

The original Paranormal magazine closed at issue 26. This issue was printed, but never distributed. This was somewhere around December 2007. Beyond Magazine closed in April of 2008.

What was left of Paranormal Magazine was bought by Jazz Publishing in May of 2008. It was rebranded, redesigned and a new editor was appointed (the previous one ran off with all the computers, apparently).

Hope that helps

David

That does help, thanks a lot grin2.gif I can't believe the old editor ran away with the computers though, the cheeky devil! Haha

Thanks again

Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
Seymour: That's the spirit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users