Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

i feel sorry for them

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 10:36 AM

Celticwitch,

i dont think anyone believes Homer is a bad guy, Homer is cool 8)

Its only my opinion that i feel we are being lied to, by those people in power. We are not seeing the bigger picture because we are constantly being lied to. The media is drilling crap into our brains, and im sure most of you would agree.

"FAKE TERROR - THE ROAD TO WAR AND DICTATORSHIP: It's the oldest trick in the book, dating back to Roman times; creating the enemies you need to trick the public into support for war and power."  

http://www.whatreall...d.com/ARTICLE5/

#32    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 13 November 2002 - 12:51 PM

I agree with Homer's points.  This is a different war with different rules and circumstances. Come on, some countries are capable of destroying the whole planet. We must take every threat with full responsibility.

Should we be mean to POWs? Yes. OK, maybe some more research should be done when we capture these people, but after that they deserve the whole effect of their consequence.  This is a war against terrorism, not a war against little children who can't control their actions.  They damn well know that they stand for a country (or regime) that wants to destroy the US. We will not tolerate that. And every action we take will be because of their actions. They got themselves into it. I don't feel sorry for them. Sure, it isn't their fault they were born into a country that brainwashes them to believe that we are the bad-guys. Shit, we would let them come here if it were any different.

I am not saying that the US is always good.  But in this case, we are only trying to control the situation. We have to show authority to make a point. BTW, We will never be allies with terrorists, never. Well, not intentionally.

MR. X, I agree that the public isn't well informed.  But we shouldn't assume that everything is lies. We know that Iraq and Al Queda (sp) needs to be taken out, we know other things as well. It is critical that governments don't explain their every move, and it is critical that the governments don't let other countries know their every move. It is called strategy. And with this war, strategy might be the only thing left. This planet is smaller because of technology, it was perceived as a bigger planet during WW2. Now everyone has everything at their finger tips. So strategy has to be precise and well, strategic.

Forgive me if I made some confused or mad, I wasn't a part of this convo from the beginning and I didn't read all the posts. So i might be repeating things.  ;)

MC  :s3

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#33    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:26 PM

Mentalcase-

we ally ourselves with whatever terrorist best suits our interests at the time... Stalin, Pinoche, Hussein, etc.  we are not the almighty good in the world as Bush and others would want you to believe, rather we make questionable moral decisions based on profit or resources.  we've done this since the day we came into existence as a nation and im sure it will continue until we dominate the earth.

Homer-

first of all, thank you for your fresh insults.  what better compliment is there than knowing you think im an idiot.   i think we have a different view of people.  you seem to believe that people don't carry emotions with them that influence their behavior.  you think like a terrorist- a terrorist holds all people of a country responsible for the actions of the few.  terrorists think that torture is ok, as long as it benefits their organization.  they also think that might makes right and fear can dominate people into giving in to their wishes.  

who else thinks this is a good philosophy?  Bush does.  the problem is that people aren't so simple as you would make them out to be.  we live in a world where 'tactical military opportunities' kill innocent families.  just as we hold terrorists responsible for 9/11, those families hold us responsible for bombing their homes.  who is the real terrorist here?  us or them?  both?  war sux.  maybe you should try out the reality of living in a country that we bomb on a whim- then see what your view of reality is.  

we are torturing these captives.  we aren't giving them any due process, we are holding them indefinitely away from their families.  we treat them in ways that will break their spirit PERMANANTLY.  they will be scarred by this experience for life.  some of them may be totally innocent of being a terrorist- is this acceptable to you?  they try to commit suicide and we keep them alive.  we also send some of them to visit our 'allies' like Israel- where there are no laws against physically torturing captives.  we are partners in torture, yet we act like we ride astride the great white horse of virtue.  if one of these captives is innocent, we should set them free.  we should also set a timeline for the release of the others back to their homes unless they are guilty of a crime that otherwise justifies their imprisonment (an imprisonment would be quite different from the treatment they are receiving now).  

you tell me that this isnt going to affect our future dealings in the middle east.  these people will remember our brutality and there will be even more terrorism than if we started trying to make amends today.  even if we invade iraq and put a friendly dictator in power, how long will that last?  when the people hate us, its just a matter of time before we will be right back in there again.  Vietnam seemed like a good lesson, but apparently we will have to learn all over again.  the death will have accomplished nothing.

protecting our country from terrorists need not involve invading a country or two or three.  afghanistan just happened to be the site of a pending oil pipeline deal that conviently resolved itself now that we liberated it.  Hamid Karzai just happened to be a former Unocal employee.  most of Bush's staff just happened to work in the oil industry and own large quantities of stock in oil.  things that make you go, hmmmmm....

there are better ways of getting what you want than treating people with disrespect.  we should have learned this back when we met the indians, but we continue to make the same mistakes today around the world.

#34    Deathsythe Hell

Deathsythe Hell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 08:09 PM

does anybody know why they call the president the leader of the free world?

"Your thoughts and dreams are no longer sacred, as they are exposed to a weapon known as remote
viewing and monitoring." -System of a Down

#35    EMIN3MSGURL217

EMIN3MSGURL217

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

• I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

Posted 16 February 2003 - 01:12 AM

We Americans have many problems. War is one that is major. I do feel so sorry for the soldiers. My brother is in Afghan. right now. I dont if he is alive or... you know. I dont want to think about it right now. Either way, I know that the soldiers went out there for one reason and one reason only. To protect thier country. Next time you think about the soldiers, just think that they are there helping you and doing their best to protect you. biggrin.gif

HOMER!! I dont think you an idiot. You have some good points. Your a cool guy...                                                

It's not what you learn after
you know it all that counts.- John Wooden

#36    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 07:19 AM

EMIN3MSGURL217(thank God for copy/paste) biggrin.gif

Thank you, I appreciate your support. I'm not used to that around here. About your brother, the best thing to do is keep in touch with the Red Cross. They make it their business to keep family members up to date if there has been a reported death. Any Red Cross center, anywhere in the world, can assist you. They may not have up to the minute information, obviously, due to the possible secrecy of the mission. But as soon as something is reported, they know about it. Also if you need to send an urgent message(it MUST be urgent), then they can also make sure your brother gets it faster than any military office.

I hope this helps, and welcome to the forum smile.gif                                                

Edited by Homer, 16 February 2003 - 07:21 AM.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users