Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Angelic Scrips and Symbolism

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hello, I've been wondering for a while now, what is the Symbol of St Michael the archangel? Ive been looking on the internet and I've found two images.

1. Image 1

and

2.Image 2

Why is it so confusing?

Well for the second symbol Iv'e had some very random websites claim things like

Archangel Michael -- Guardian of the South and Element of Fire. Chief of the Archangels, Angel of Justice, Strength and Protection

and for the first one I've read some websites that have said its the sun and it has to do with the planet that he is paired up with etc.

So do one or both of these images have any truth to them or are they just random symbols? And if neither of these are right what is the correct symbol?

Source for image 1 Source For Image 1
Source for image 2 and quote regarding image 2 Source For Image 2

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#2    MysticOnion

MysticOnion

The Intersect

• 3,675 posts

• That's so awesome I can't watch the road. ((SCREEECH OF BRAKES... CRRRAAASSSHHHH)))

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

Blueguardian on Mar 23 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

Hello, I've been wondering for a while now, what is the Symbol of St Michael the archangel? Ive been looking on the internet and I've found two images.

1. Image 1

and

2.Image 2

Why is it so confusing?

and for the first one I've read some websites that have said its the sun and it has to do with the planet that he is paired up with etc.

So do one or both of these images have any truth to them or are they just random symbols? And if neither of these are right what is the correct symbol?

If I'm right the first one is a symbol and the second one is created using a magick square and is called a sigil.  They symbol and sigil are two different things entirely.

http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/squaresigilseal.html

Posted Image

Gun Bondage?

#3    v888v

v888v

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

Blueguardian on Mar 23 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

1. Image 1

and

2.Image 2

Why is it so confusing?

The first set of symbols refer to the ruling planets, not the angels themselves:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...=image&cd=1

The second set I have nooo idea.

#4    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

• "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

the first is the planet aligned with that angel, the second is the sigil of the angel.  
http://www.greatdreams.com/michael_sigil.jpg

Edited by MaggieDruydess, 23 March 2009 - 12:42 PM.

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#5    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Blueguardian on Mar 23 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

1. Image 1

and

2.Image 2

Why is it so confusing?

His Color is Definatly blue, and I see a Cross with a Star of david and sword all overlaid. as per the stick figures I go with No 1 as in The first spirit son Of god Mother and Father . The O with a dot represents Michael to me.
I don't think The symbol means Half as much as what Michael stands For.

Protector Of Our Family and The innocent..
Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka, 23 March 2009 - 08:22 PM.

#6    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hello, and thank you to everyone, this really has been bugging me for a while and now I can relax knowing that the second symbol is a sigil and the first is more symbolizing Michael and the Sun, I like learning about different symbols that are used. I'll try to work the first symbol into a new avatar I'm working on. grin2.gif Cheers, and thanks again grin2.gif.

Posted Image

#7    CausticGnostic

CausticGnostic

Featherless Biped

• 2,125 posts

• "What is divinity if it can come
    Only in silent shadows and in dreams?"
    --Wallace Stevens

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

Whether symbol or sigil, they're both entirely arbitrary (that is, are made up and could be otherwise), and neither has any magical or supernatural efficacy.  The supposed "angelic script" is not a script, because you can't write anything with it.  It doesn't constitute a sign system for a language.  But even if it were a script, it could be otherwise.  Pick your own symbol/sigil/sign for whoever or whatever you wish.  It means only what you think it means.

#8    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Blueguardian on Mar 24 2009, 06:21 AM, said:

Hello, and thank you to everyone, this really has been bugging me for a while and now I can relax knowing that the second symbol is a sigil and the first is more symbolizing Michael and the Sun, I like learning about different symbols that are used. I'll try to work the first symbol into a new avatar I'm working on. grin2.gif Cheers, and thanks again grin2.gif.

I like your avatar Heart is definatly a Michael symbol.
His heart beats as one with Fathers heart. The concentric circles is nice, or Infinate circles

Unconditional Love is his guide, and Father and Mother.
Love Omnaka

#9    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

my sig has angelic script on it.

Posted Image

#10    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

Omnaka on Mar 26 2009, 07:43 AM, said:

I like your avatar Heart is definatly a Michael symbol.
His heart beats as one with Fathers heart. The concentric circles is nice, or Infinate circles

Unconditional Love is his guide, and Father and Mother.
Love Omnaka

Thanks, I guess I got some good inspiration for it original.gif.

Ashley-Star*Child on Mar 26 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

my sig has angelic script on it.

Nice Sig thumbsup.gif, I think I see the angelic script, but what do the symbols mean?

Posted Image

#11    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

O.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

Blueguardian on Mar 29 2009, 03:17 AM, said:

Thanks, I guess I got some good inspiration for it original.gif.

Nice Sig thumbsup.gif, I think I see the angelic script, but what do the symbols mean?

I think it says "Innocent".

Love Omnaka

#12    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Omnaka on Mar 29 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

I think it says "Innocent".

Love Omnaka

Nice thumbsup.gif, always interesting learning new things grin2.gif

Posted Image

#13    CausticGnostic

CausticGnostic

Featherless Biped

• 2,125 posts

• "What is divinity if it can come
    Only in silent shadows and in dreams?"
    --Wallace Stevens

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

I still don't see why an angel would need a script?  As spiritual beings, they're supposedly telepathic, right?  Signs, symbols, emblems, and scripts are MAN-made; therefore, they're contingent creations, meaning they could be otherwise and can be defined as meaning whatever you please.

#14    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

• "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

CausticGnostic on Apr 2 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

I still don't see why an angel would need a script?  As spiritual beings, they're supposedly telepathic, right?  Signs, symbols, emblems, and scripts are MAN-made; therefore, they're contingent creations, meaning they could be otherwise and can be defined as meaning whatever you please.

I believe the theory is that 'god' gave us the symbos/sigils/signants we needed to call upon and sometimes harness/control those entities (energies)  that we define as divine.  When in fact (At least in my opinion) our simply accepting the fact that we are all God(desss)es  ourselves (Or at least all a small piece of God)  We learn to harness those energies without using physical symbols.
Still to our simple minds (and lower selves) we hold onto physical things (symbols).

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#15    cindyh

cindyh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

What you have here are two different sources, neither of them true angelic script. The fisrt is alchemical symbols for angels and their resonances and the second appears to be enochian, which is closer, from my understanding to true angelic script, but whose provanance is murker as the sources (Enochian fallen angels and Edward Kelly) are dark and suspicious. Also there are several different symbols for Angels in angelic script - a phonetic spelling of the name and  sigel and different people do different interprataions. All of this theoretically comes out of a channel - a human host who is flawed. Also, one must assume that angelic script, like angels themselves are a very complicated  business. Angels have myriad different personal reflections in this world. They can appear as humans or in visages so terrible that they set humans in their presence to flames. God is unknowable, beyond comprehension, wouldn't also be his messengers?  This is the source ofthe confusion. :)  I hope this helps.

View PostBlueguardian, on 23 March 2009 - 11:19 AM, said:

1. <a href="http://kimbasangels....ic_planets.gif" target="_blank">Image 1</a>

and

2.<a href="http://www.healingre...ngel_signs.jpg" target="_blank">Image 2</a>

Why is it so confusing?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Archangel Michael -- Guardian of the South and Element of Fire. Chief of the Archangels, Angel of Justice, Strength and Protection<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Source for image 1 <a href="http://kimbasangels.....com/seal.html" target="_blank">Source For Image 1</a>
Source for image 2 and quote regarding image 2 <a href="http://www.healingre...f_4-37-18.html" target="_blank">Source For Image 2</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users