Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Police and NASA say Aliens are causing fires

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    TheOtherHistory

TheOtherHistory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk)

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TVís and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smoldering.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military boffins, arrived in the village 60 miles east of Palermo to investigate the phenomenon.

linked-image Read more...

Well maybe the title is a little misleading (NASA only says "caused by a high power electro-magnetic emissions which were not man made"), but still it seems very interesting. The other explanation was some kind of "top-secret" exotic weaponry, but why test that so, said:

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TVís and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smoldering.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military boffins, arrived in the village 60 miles east of Palermo to investigate the phenomenon.

linked-image Read more...

Well maybe the title is a little misleading (NASA only says "caused by a high power electro-magnetic emissions which were not man made"), but still it seems very interesting. The other explanation was some kind of "top-secret" exotic weaponry, but why test that sort of thing in a small Italian village?

So, what's more likely: Aliens? Or exotic fridge fire causing weaponry?

#2    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

TheOtherHistory on Mar 28 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

So, what's more likely: Aliens? Or exotic fridge fire causing weaponry?

Neither. How about a power surge/fault in the grid?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#3    TheOtherHistory

TheOtherHistory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

Sky Scanner on Mar 29 2009, 12:44 AM, said:

Ah but no, read the article. The scientist describes a power cord that's unplugged bursting into flames.
And when in hell would a power surge cause a fridge to catch on fire?

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,555 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Sky Scanner on Mar 29 2009, 12:44 AM, said:

Aww...come on, 'pyromaniacal aliens' are far more fun to speculate about!  laugh.gif

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#5    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

TheOtherHistory on Mar 28 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

Ah but no, read the article. The scientist describes a power cord that's unplugged bursting into flames.

Some electrical items retain a charge even if unplugged. I've taken a few shocks from amplifiers I've played about with when unplugged.

TheOtherHistory on Mar 28 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

And when in hell would a power surge cause a fridge to catch on fire?

Well if it's plugged in any electrical appliance can catch fire.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#6    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

• "Are you willing to risk your life to save whales?"
    -Captain Paul Watson

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Why would extraterestials be so interested in destruction of minor appliances like fridges? If it were 'alien weaponry', these aliens sure picked some piss-poor targets to test their weapons on...There's got to be a reasonable explanation somewhere...

#7    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Lilly on Mar 28 2009, 11:47 PM, said:

Aww...come on, 'pyromaniacal aliens' are far more fun to speculate about!  laugh.gif

True, what was I thinking about. I've just looked through my electrical course books and work, I reckon the cause is infact "anti-fridge weaponary", it's a secret project that was developed in case we need to go to war with Iceland. wink2.gif

#8    TheOtherHistory

TheOtherHistory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

Sky Scanner on Mar 29 2009, 12:49 AM, said:

Some electrical items retain a charge even if unplugged. I've taken a few shocks from amplifiers I've played about with when unplugged.

Well if it's plugged in any electrical appliance can catch fire.

I'm well aware of things like tvs holding deadly charges for 10 years or more, but do they catch on fire? I don't think so.

Lilly on Mar 29 2009, 12:47 AM, said:

Haha little alien teenagers.

villageidiot3o on Mar 29 2009, 12:51 AM, said:

Why would extraterestials be so interested in destruction of minor appliances like fridges? If it were 'alien weaponry', these aliens sure picked some piss-poor targets to test their weapons on...There's got to be a reasonable explanation somewhere...

I doubt they would be, maybe a "side-effect" of some kind

And what are the chances of a UFO, and subsequent unexplained landing, occurring near the same town?

#9    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

TheOtherHistory on Mar 28 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

I'm well aware of things like tvs holding deadly charges for 10 years or more, but do they catch on fire? I don't think so.

Don't you, ok.

#10    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

Lilly on Mar 28 2009, 07:47 PM, said:

Ahhh Heck, They were only pulling pranks on all the people of the little town,  laugh.gif

Seriously though, I think I read this story some time ago and they could not figure it out immediatly but im sure they found a mundane reason for it though,

Regards;

TFF

#11    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

TheOtherHistory on Mar 29 2009, 12:55 AM, said:

Spontaneous combustion....!?

Sure, its as real as anything the crazy bird will throw at us.

Edited by Hazzard, 29 March 2009 - 12:16 AM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#12    Ody

Ody

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Alien Gerbil from planet Gyukar 12

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

It's really quite hard for me to believe law enforcement officials acknowledge the reality of ETs.

#13    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

Ody on Mar 29 2009, 09:21 AM, said:

It's really quite hard for me to believe law enforcement officials acknowledge the reality of ETs.

they are not referring to 'aliens' from outher space, but illegal workers crossing the borders.... rolleyes.gif

I like to have the names of the official who claim the 'mars men" did this. Beside isnt this old news? or it happen again?

Finally got my black belt....

#14    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

A recent documentary on the phenomena for which there is still no 'down to earth' explanation.

The clip starts at 14:45 and finishes at 35:30.

An excellent summary of this case.

Z

National Geographic UFO Europe Untold Stories | S01E06

Posted Image

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,047 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

In the UK recently a massive fire was caused by a descending Chinese lantern, which are now getting banned

http://www.guardian....lanterns-banned

I guess its entirely possible someone saw a lantern on its way down and thought...UFO... then the big fire....

just sayin

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users