Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waking up at exactly 3 am every night

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

This is really scaring me. The last couple of nights have really sucked. i always have some bad dream about ghosts or something then i wake up at exactly 3 am. then it takes me til 5 am to fall back asleep again and i have some SUPER SUPER long dream about all these different ghosts in my house and other random stuff then i wake up at 6:30 to go to school. I really want it to stop, does anyone have any answers for me? I just watched the excorsism of emily rose the other night where the girl woke up at three every night and I thought maybe my mind is just tricking me. any help or answers are apreciated

#2    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Anything on Mar 31 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

This is really scaring me. The last couple of nights have really sucked. i always have some bad dream about ghosts or something then i wake up at exactly 3 am. then it takes me til 5 am to fall back asleep again and i have some SUPER SUPER long dream about all these different ghosts in my house and other random stuff then i wake up at 6:30 to go to school. I really want it to stop, does anyone have any answers for me? I just watched the excorsism of emily rose the other night where the girl woke up at three every night and I thought maybe my mind is just tricking me. any help or answers are apreciated

LSD BAAAD... Don't do that lulz.

Seriously though, try watching something from pixar at night rather than a horror flick then maybe you'll stop having freaky dreams. Don't eat real late either, that can give ya freaky dreams too.

#3    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

Weak bladder?

Drugs?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#4    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

no lsd, or any other drugs. slightly weak bladder. is all that stuff about the witchers hour true?

#5    Sunlit_Coyote

Sunlit_Coyote

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

• Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.”

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

Amityville Horror ... wait NM that was 0315  grin2.gif

Sunlit***

#6    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Sunlit_Coyote on Apr 1 2009, 12:25 AM, said:

Amityville Horror ... wait NM that was 0315  grin2.gif

I was too scared to look at the clock this morning and so when I did it was 3:22 so it might have actually been at 3:15. I can't remember how long i just sat there

#7    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

It might be your biological clock when u sleep.  Just go to bed earlier than “usual”.  It’s a old survival process that we had developed over the years. Maybe, u sensed danger in the dream and heard noises subconsciously in the room or house. But why 3 am? It’s common or normal to sleep at this time
and it all started in the movie Amityville Horror and it was reawakened in Emily Rose. I go to sleep at around 10pm-12am and I usually wake up at 4am..well, u see the picture, just go to bed later or early and try not to watch much movies(click here)). I also wake up at around 3 am and there is always something sinster or.. I am spooked.  And, there is always nothing there.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#8    Sinclair

Sinclair

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

The human body is a wierd thing. I wake up every single night at 4 am and have to drink a bottle of water (whether im thirsty or not) then go right back to bed. Never used to happen before, until a year ago. Maybe in a year I will stop and develop a new thing?

#9    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,726 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

This is nothing paranormal. I am also able to wake up at the same time (precise to the exact minute) every day. Your body has a biological clock that tunes itself with real-world time. You can increase the accuracy of your body's biological clock by counting the seconds on a real clock.

Posted Image

#10    Lolipopkid

Lolipopkid

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:53 AM

Anything on Mar 31 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry much about it. I'm guessing it is due to the movie you have watched. It's crazy what our minds are capable of doing to us, such as waking us at the same time. If you should have any other experience when this happens it may be something, but I'm guessing it is nothing.

#11    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Mar 31 2009, 07:05 PM, said:

LSD BAAAD... Don't do that lulz.

Seriously though, try watching something from pixar at night rather than a horror flick then maybe you'll stop having freaky dreams. Don't eat real late either, that can give ya freaky dreams too.

Sorry, that's an olde wives tale about eating for sleeping.  And watching pixar before sleeping?  What if your mightmare is about salivating pink bunnies? wacko.gif  laugh.gif

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#12    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Anything on Mar 31 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

no lsd, or any other drugs. slightly weak bladder. is all that stuff about the witchers hour true?

Nope, not true in the least. no.gif

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#13    Lady Amethyst

Lady Amethyst

Psychic Spy

• 1,434 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

I agree with some others that there isn't anything uncanny about you waking up the same time. You should alter you late diet, such as coffee. I don't know what you eat or drink before bedtime. The dreams about ghosts in your house is your fear. Try to stop watching scary things.

Posted Image

#14    randomhit10

randomhit10

Poltergeist

• 2,379 posts

• the confusion you see is reality at work...i am comfortably numb......

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

Anything on Mar 31 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

the idea of the witching hour has many roots....what i have learned in my studies it that the belief that Jesus died on the cross at 3 pm in the afternoon...so in response, licifer uses the 3 am (early morning) as the opposite time for his use.....

another is that witches ue from midnight the early morning as eth witching hour depending on which group you ask....3 am being the strongest time and powerful time of the night for spells, etc....in this soem believe that the sun (light) is furthest away and the goddess of the moon (dark) is most powerful....she is responsible for most granting most spells....

randomhit10

#15    SwandaG

SwandaG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:25 AM

Anything on Mar 31 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

I would try not too worry too much about it.  For nearly a year I woke up at 4:55am EVERYDAY.  Now I have the lovely habit of waking up every time I want to roll over, through the night, and then up to stay at 6:05am every morning.  I don't recommend watching something scary before going to bed..one night I woke up..and I swear to GOD I saw that guy from the end of Blair Witch standing in the corner of by bedroom, like he was in the basement at the end of the movie.. <oops, sorry to those who might not have seen that yet> tongue.gif

Edited by SwandaG, 02 April 2009 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image
  Just trying to hang on to my sanity for one more day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users