Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Cryptid.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

[quote name='Ebonykrow' date='Apr 6 2009, 04:43 PM' post='2825858']

An abnormally large canine:

http://www.windhundwelt.de/images/!...lfhound-095.jpg

The Irish wolfhound.

*snipped to quote picture*

Whoa that is a big dog, the size of a small horse, a child could ride that...

Posted Image

#17    Silver Etude

Silver Etude

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

UPDATE:

Saw it again today down by the river across from my house. This time in broad daylight. I don't think it was aware of me; but if it was; it did not indicate it was. I suppose it helped the wind was blowing towards me; and luckily for me, there weren't any leaves or gravel to make noisy steps. o-o; I was about... 25-30 feet from it; and behind it; so I got a much better view. The "folded wing-like" structures I noted before aren't wings at all; but some sort of strange plating. Could be a bone deformation, but skin and fur would likely have covered it by now if it was. They look almost like stegosaurus plates, but smaller and more rounded. I noticed a strange, almost greenish tint to the fur, but this may have been a trick of the light. The tail also looks deformed, and had small lumps all over it that may have been smaller plates. The creature was drinking from the river for a few minutes, then strode off back up towards the field and forest.

The only plausible, non-cryptid explanation I have for this is that the thing is a wolf that has an EXTREMELY deformed skeletal structure; but I seriously doubt this after having seen the thing. I will start bringing my camera with me outside; and will attempt to get a picture of it if I see it again.

For now; any speculation on this new information? Anyone have info on an animal that matches the description?

~Smell of B2H6 - Under a dizziness - Where I had woken up - was inside a test tube - By the hands of taboo -
Made into a form - That name of me is - "The Last Eva" - "What was I created for, and for what will I die?" -
An ultimate weapon that only knows how to destroy - Would you love one such as I? ~

#18    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:40 AM

Why would it have to be a wolf, and not just a horribly matted and neglected stray dog?

Where do you live, btw? The green bit reminds me of the cu sith. laugh.gif

#19    Silver Etude

Silver Etude

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

The Catskill Mountains in New York. The river in question is either the Delaware itself; or one if its tributaries. Forgive me, Catskill geography is not my strongest area of expertise.

~Smell of B2H6 - Under a dizziness - Where I had woken up - was inside a test tube - By the hands of taboo -
Made into a form - That name of me is - "The Last Eva" - "What was I created for, and for what will I die?" -
An ultimate weapon that only knows how to destroy - Would you love one such as I? ~

#20    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• 1,612 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:07 AM

huh.gif Does it move? Are you sure it's not a statue? A clever trick someone is playing, they just set up this thing where they reckon it'll be seen? Can you go back and look for it? See if you can get a picture...or do a drawing, it would be easier to come up with suggestions if we could get a basic idea of it's appearance...

Posted Image

#21    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

I also think a drawing is in order. xD

#22    Pal101

Pal101

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Sounds like a normal dog...

A credible person should be 50% openmided and 50% Skeptical. One cannot exist without the other without looking like an idiot.

#23    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

•    

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

A plaster cast of any tracks left too would be helpful for identifying.

If was near a river, ground might be soft to find imprints.

Any fur / hair caught in bushes etc.

* Had you thought of notifying Forestry / Wildlife officials?

If was sick / diseased animal, be good to remove any threats to humans / wildlife.

Edited by Owlscrying, 26 April 2009 - 05:15 PM.

#24    CurlyQLink

CurlyQLink

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "Every time I hear that Weasel tune, something POPS inside of me!"

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

Sounds like a feral dog to me. Maybe it had a bad case of mange.

www.bygoneli.com

#25    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Mange would make it lose hair, not clump it together in unsightly globs. tongue.gif I agree it's just a feral dog, but the description sounds odd, so I'd like a better image of what's being described.

#26    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• 1,612 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

Ebonykrow on Apr 26 2009, 06:57 PM, said:

Mange would make it lose hair, not clump it together in unsightly globs. tongue.gif I agree it's just a feral dog, but the description sounds odd, so I'd like a better image of what's being described.

She's already seen it twice! That's more than most are lucky to see, maybe she'll get lucky and spot it a third time. I think when she's in the area she should keep a cam handy from now on... yes.gif

Posted Image

#27    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

If it was a wolf it would have easily smelt you from 25-30ft, was it agile in its movement?

#28    CurlyQLink

CurlyQLink

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "Every time I hear that Weasel tune, something POPS inside of me!"

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ebonykrow on Apr 26 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

I am well aware of the effects of Mange on canines. Some have gotten it so bad that all they have left are..............unsightly, globs of hair. tongue.gif

www.bygoneli.com

#29    wastelanddragon

wastelanddragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

I'm from the catskills also... Best bet leave it be....

#30    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostSilver Etude, on 03 April 2009 - 01:44 AM, said:

About a year ago; when returning from a friend's house at roughly 10:00 - 10:15 P.M.; I happened to glance back at the expansive fields/forests behind our houses. Imagine my surprise when I noticed something watching. It looked wolf-like; certainly canine.. but the odd bit is that this creature had bright (and I mean supernaturally bright) red eyes; and odd stub-like structures that appeared to me like folded down wings. I was not shining a light at it, so that could not be the cause of the red eyes; and the empty field and bright half-moon that night allowed me a very clear view of this creature. I have never heard of a cryptid like this before; and after extensive searches for anything similar; I have found no results. I've considered the possibility that this was a hellhound, but they are generally not reported to have wings. Any info or input on this would be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing. I've posted this in the Dogman Experiences Database

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users