Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Blair Witch Legend not totally fake?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I dont understand why youd build a house in the woods with a basement.

If what I type offends you, don't see it as an attack, but as my opinion.

#62    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Riveting...

#63    Bubbles10129

Bubbles10129

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I don't believe in it but can anybody explain how and why the three hikers disappeared? and why it took a year to find their footage?

#64    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

You must be joking.

#65    samlizmills

samlizmills

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

i grew up near burkitsville md. i drove threw there everyday. i believe in the blair witch. my family used to tell us storys about elly aka the blair witch.  when she was banished from the town of blair, the towns men took her in to the wood and tied her to a tree, to die. the children from the town would go into the wood to the tree and poke her with sticks and through rocks at her, so she cursed the town and those children who taunted her. i have only ever been to the church in the woods. they have it all boraded up. teenagers like going there and going in.  i cant lie i did it as a teenager too. u go in fine and leave with scratches all over you. the hill where the church is located is called spook hill which is haunted. if you put baby powder on the hood of the car you will see the witches hand print. everyone always seem tk have car trouble on that hill

the hiker story isnt true and there isnt a house its a church

#66    Save_The_Rave96

Save_The_Rave96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

its really stange why they didnt film it at that exact place

#67    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

one of the best strategically orchestrated box office flicks ever made. Also one of the most propheted.

Here's why,
Back in midst to late 90s before many had internet let alone comps en masse.
I was going to school in Baltimore MD. I forget exactly when, but on campus here and there i recall hearing some late night stories one was regarding some kids who went missing and something about a witch which was more like a murderer. The supposedly factual stories suspense was definitely gripping people.
It came up here and there, usually on long drives at night on the highways , in camping parties which most of the kids had homes near the woods and at night there yards were really small forests so the story popped up a lot when the parties died down around 2, 3 am and it was eerie anyway.
So the rumors persisted , they died down , persisted, then I forget around what point but all of a sudden the ghostish legend turned into a bizarre account that indeed had happened . 3 kids definitely were missing and it was accepted by authority and everyone else so naturally I was like oh wow , and began asking more questions than the next person.
AND THEN all of a sudden there was rumour out that their video camcorder was found and it had video,....everywhere from murder to a ghost to the blair which on it and ..
The footage was passed out via vhs copy all over the place but it took awhile not everyone saw it but every 20th kid you came across was like "omg its the craziest **** ,, you gotta see It etc etc"
Even tho noone really claimed to know any of these kids who went missing we just assumed they were from out of town or nearby west Virginia or whereever it didn't matter.
I never saw the footage which apparently was grainy as hell and just showed a blip of an eerie scene which showed someone clearly screaming in a struggle implicating certain foul play which was fueling attention.
A few months later it was on on tv that they were releasing it to the public in theatres and that was something never before done. The idea of someones actual bizaare possibly last surviving minutes , personal camcorder footage found in the woods was the bait. Everyone ran to see it.
It was believable as hell and it Had all the right amount of suggestive criteria along with spook and mystery and it was sold. Literally.
Theres no way this can be done the same ever again. Today the internet is on top of everything everywhere and will call out any false records emitting the true story . That was not possible at the time so it worked beautifully.
Well when it was soon found out to be all made up i was p***ed! Everyone was angry. Lol

Every single thing was planned. The initial rumours thrown out there which in title was linked to other old legends being blair witch folk crap which varied, to the staged vhs footage passed out complete with just the right amount of believable obscurity,.all. of which was built up for the best advertising tactic in movie history. Not to mention the cheapest.

It was absolutely brilliant.

It was the best calculated b.s. story which made a fortune.

Then they p***ed it away with making a sequel, even after everyone knew it was bull ****.  What the hell were they thinking?.  That is the real mystery

Edited by Sheep Smart, 19 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#68    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• blood is thicker than water, but that same water washes that blood away.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

when I was younger me and my family were watching tv I think it was unexplained mysteries. well this story came on about 3 people going missing in the woods.... they showed two guys and one chick. and they were all dressed like the kids from the blair witch movie. it even said if you see any of them to call this one number and it showed a number, they said they had gone missing in the woods and only found a part of there footage. so maybe something like this did happen but it was in another town. I was like 10 when I saw this. that's why when the movie came out I thought they had found the rest of the footage.

#69    wildkatlove

wildkatlove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again, on 07 April 2009 - 01:13 PM, said:

No town called Blair ever existed in Maryland.
Actually Pol_Pot, being a member of the states near Burkitsville, you are wrong. Blair was an actual village around the 1700's that was almost in the middle of nowhere. If you would kindly google some of the maps from back then, you will see it higher in the mountains and see that it is just  a couple hours upstream from the Cumberland area.

#70    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen

• 8,480 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

My state will forever be known for this movie.

#71    scaredstupid

scaredstupid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

The Blair Witch Project was developed during 1994[5] by the filmmakers. The script began with a 68-page outline, with the dialogue to be improvised.[5] Accordingly, the directors advertised in Back Stage magazine for actors with strong improvisational abilities.[6] There was a very informal improvisational audition process to narrow the pool of 2,000 actors.[7][8] In developing the mythology behind the movie, the filmmakers used many inspirations. Several character names are near-anagrams; Elly Kedward (The Blair Witch) isEdward Kelley, a 16th-century mystic. Rustin Parr, the fictional 1940s child-murderer, began as an anagram for Rasputin.[9] In talks with investors, they presented an eight-minute documentary along with newspapers and news footage.[10] This documentary, originally called The Blair Witch Project: The Story of Black Hills Disappearances was produced by Haxan Films.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users