Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 Apocalypse and Solar Storm (merged)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61    soulseeker

soulseeker

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

• All things are possible and impossible...science can prove how... but not why...

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Michael Spears on Apr 20 2009, 01:23 AM, said:

yeah lol. u seem cool

Thanks  grin2.gif

I would like to bring attention to the newest member of the endangered species list: Common Sense.

#62    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

eionman on Apr 22 2009, 04:30 AM, said:

"Author Patrick Geryl came to the staggering conclusion that the Earth will soon be subjected to an immense disaster. The cause: upheavals in
the sun's magnetic fields will generate gigantic solar flares that will affect the polarity of the entire Earth. The result: our magnetic field will
reverse all at once, with catastrophic consequences for humanity."

Patrick Geryl? The owner of howtosurvive2012.com? Right, because he has an informed scientific grasp on events.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#63    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,406 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

Emma_Acid on Apr 23 2009, 09:40 AM, said:

Patrick Geryl? The owner of howtosurvive2012.com? Right, because he has an informed scientific grasp on events.

Since I had never heard of Mr. Geryl I decided to go and take a look at his website. First, I found that he had written a couple of books on the subject (which were for sale of course). Second, he has a plan for surviving this cataclysm. Interestingly enough this plan involves buying even more books, and it seems you're gonna need quite a bit of money in order to survive this event!

QUOTE (Mr. Geryl)
Unfortunately, you need money in order to survive. Without money there is little chance of survival. If this is your case, you will find in this website a list of other possible survival places. You can go there before the cataclysm. Of course your survival chance will be a lot smaller than that of the well-organized group. But it is always better than doing nothing.

Understand that it would be impossible to enter our central group if you have few materials or none at all. The situation during and after the cataclysm will be so precarious, that we won’t be able to provide for other survivors. We will hardly be self-sufficient! Please take that as definite! Do not have any illusions! Without your own effort your chances of survival are terribly small!

I've highlighted the parts I find rather telling. One wonders how having money is going to *work* after civilization has collapsed? Mr. Geryl doesn't appear to address that.

link to source here

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#64    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

Lilly on Apr 23 2009, 06:10 AM, said:

Since I had never heard of Mr. Geryl I decided to go and take a look at his website. First, I found that he had written a couple of books on the subject (which were for sale of course). Second, he has a plan for surviving this cataclysm. Interestingly enough this plan involves buying even more books, and it seems you're gonna need quite a bit of money in order to survive this event!

I've highlighted the parts I find rather telling. One wonders how having money is going to *work* after civilization has collapsed? Mr. Geryl doesn't appear to address that.

link to source here

Are you suggesting that con-men don't have a right to survive teh Apocalypses?

Furthermore, I think this thread has gone far enough with an appopriate visit from Noes, the Apocalpyse Kitteh -- UM's unofficial End of Teh Worldz mascot.

linked-image

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#65    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• "nature is the only key to history that tells the ideas of the past life." - SG Wolf

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

he seems to be that way. though some do envy him. though hes yet to proove anything.

Every question has an answer, every answer has a reason.

#66    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

nothing is going to happen in 2012. stop fantasizing.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#67    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,106 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:42 AM

Emma_Acid on Apr 9 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

These 2012 threads are getting stupider and stupider.

Solar maximum happens every 11 years. Did the world end 11 years ago?

No.

HerNibs on Apr 10 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

I was just coming in to point this out, as usual, Emma is right on top of it.  original.gif

Lol i think Emma sits in wait to find mistakes and typos lol

Oh my guess is everything will be okay just as long Chuck norris is still alive. His round house kicks will generate power to millions of homes for years on end.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#68    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• "nature is the only key to history that tells the ideas of the past life." - SG Wolf

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

jesspy on Apr 25 2009, 05:42 AM, said:

Lol i think Emma sits in wait to find mistakes and typos lol

Oh my guess is everything will be okay just as long Chuck norris is still alive. His round house kicks will generate power to millions of homes for years on end.

if it isnt jesspy and her Chuck Norris jokes XD thats ok if the world over floods Chuck norris wont get wet the flood will get chuck norrised XD. btw how have you been all this time Jesspy. its me SG Wolf from ages back. you was like my first friend on here.

#69    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,606 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

In this video, Dr Michio Kaku, a Theoretical Physics Professor, talks about the coming? Solar Storm.

The awful interviewer witters on about his 'Blackberry' trying to make light of it...but Dr Michio Kaku says...

"The physicists are sounding the alert. We made the mistake. We made the wrong projection.
The next Solar Cycle will be more intense than previously thought."

Fox News - Scientists Confirm Major Solar Storms in 2012 (4:09)

It's not that this scenario would mean the actual end of the world...but maybe, the end of the modern world,
as we know it? With satellites and the Power Grid being put out of action. Temporarily I suppose, but long
enough for societies reliant on electricity to collapse?

I think this is looking pretty serious. And needs watching closely.... huh.gif

For example...considering that if there is no electricity for a while....how people who don't have
organised protection from potential catastrophe, which is most of us...how we can get through it.
IF IT HAPPENS.

Posted Image

#70    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

bee on Apr 25 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

In this video, Dr Michio Kaku, a Theoretical Physics Professor, talks about the coming? Solar Storm.

The awful interviewer witters on about his 'Blackberry' trying to make light of it...but Dr Michio Kaku says...

"The physicists are sounding the alert. We made the mistake. We made the wrong projection.
The next Solar Cycle will be more intense than previously thought."

Fox News - Scientists Confirm Major Solar Storms in 2012 (4:09)

It's not that this scenario would mean the actual end of the world...but maybe, the end of the modern world,
as we know it? With satellites and the Power Grid being put out of action. Temporarily I suppose, but long
enough for societies reliant on electricity to collapse?

I think this is looking pretty serious. And needs watching closely.... huh.gif

For example...considering that if there is no electricity for a while....how people who don't have
organised protection from potential catastrophe, which is most of us...how we can get through it.
IF IT HAPPENS.

if all electronic material things stop working. then as we made a big impact on the earth. the earth will make a big impact on us. it wouldbe only fair. i know sounds crazy but its abit of karma. only a few who knowhow to live off the land would survive. and those who know how to fight against other eople. it would be somewhat like a resident evil, War of the worlds type idea.

#71    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

hmm this swine fluenza stuff. anyone believe the world is already starting to end? first our birds now our pigs. whats next salmon fluenza

#72    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,606 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

The Worlds Wolf on Apr 26 2009, 10:18 PM, said:

if all electronic material things stop working. then as we made a big impact on the earth. the earth will make a big impact on us. it wouldbe only fair. i know sounds crazy but its abit of karma. only a few who knowhow to live off the land would survive. and those who know how to fight against other eople. it would be somewhat like a resident evil, War of the worlds type idea.

Yeah...it could get ugly if modern societies were suddenly without electricity.

We've lost our survival skills as we have become more and more comfortable.
But paradoxically...the comfort and freedom that electricity has given us, has
made us utterly dependent. (and complacent)

It appears that the Mayan callender and recent solar storm warnings are now dovetailing.

Gilbert and Cotterell linked the subjects up years ago, in their book, 'The Mayan Prophecies'.

http://www.knowledge.co.uk/xxx/cat/mayan/

The authors demonstrate how the Mayan Holy Number 1,366,560 days, known as the birth of Venus and the basis of their calendar, indicates ancient knowledge of sun spot cycles and their effect on the human race. They explore the popular myth of Quetzalcoatl and its origins in Maya ideas concerning the sun cycle.

In 1986 Maurice Cotterell put forward a revolutionary theory concerning astrology and sun cycles. He had for some years suspected that the sun's variable magnetic field had consequences for life on earth. The sun has a complex field which loops and twists itself into knots. It has long been suspected that these loops give rise to sunspots, which are dark blemishes on the sun's skin. The number, size and location of sunspots are constantly changing and as a former Radio Officer, Cotterell was well aware that they have profound effects upon the earth's magnetic envelope, the magnetosphere.

Posted Image

#73    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

The authors demonstrate how the Mayan Holy Number 1,366,560 days, known as the birth of Venus and the basis of their calendar, indicates ancient knowledge of sun spot cycles and their effect on the human race. They explore the popular myth of Quetzalcoatl and its origins in Maya ideas concerning the sun cycle.

How is that the "Mayan Holy Number"? A B ack tun is 144,000 days. What part of the calendar is based around 1,366,560 days???

And how on earth did any of this indicate "ancient knowledge of sun spot cycles and their effect on the human race"???

In 1986 Maurice Cotterell put forward a revolutionary theory concerning astrology and sun cycles. He had for some years suspected that the sun's variable magnetic field had consequences for life on earth.

Er... we've known about the relationship between the magnetic field and life on earth for a very long time.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#74    CurlyQLink

CurlyQLink

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "Every time I hear that Weasel tune, something POPS inside of me!"

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Why is everybody in such a rush to have the world end? It will end when it ends! What does all this stuff accomplish. You gonna brag if your right? Too whom? Im in no rush, I plan on enjoying my time in the sun for as long as I can. Life is what you make of it......

www.bygoneli.com

#75    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,606 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Emma_Acid on Apr 28 2009, 02:26 PM, said:

Er... we've known about the relationship between the magnetic field and life on earth for a very long time.

But the general public don't know that 'the big one' (solar-storm) MAY be round the corner, do they?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20127001.300

CurlyQLink on Apr 28 2009, 02:56 PM, said:

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation. Europe, Scandinavia, China and Japan are also struggling to recover from the same fateful event - a violent storm, 150 million kilometres away on the surface of the sun.

It sounds ridiculous. Surely the sun couldn't create so profound a disaster on Earth. Yet an extraordinary report funded by NASA and issued by the US National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in January this year claims it could do just that.

CurlyQLink on Apr 28 2009, 02:56 PM, said:

Why is everybody in such a rush to have the world end? It will end when it ends! What does all this stuff accomplish. You gonna brag if your right? Too whom? Im in no rush, I plan on enjoying my time in the sun for as long as I can. Life is what you make of it......

Who's in a rush?

And the Solar Storm business isn't about the actual 'end of the earth'.....but the potential collapse
of modern societies who are dependent on electricity. (ie. us)

No-one is going to 'brag' about being 'right'. We'll all be too busy trying to survive.

IF it happens....it's going to be VERY tough.  (even for those who plan to go underground???
to 'ride out the storm'...??)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users