Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

The Most Haunted House In America

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#196    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

JerryTalbert on May 5 2009, 10:40 PM, said:

No one was in the room.

Jerry. I haven't seen this pic of the shadowy room before.  I am sure that I looked at all of the attachments that you posted, but this one escaped me.

Can you run me thro it?  Give a sort of summary of what we are looking at? Where is the ghost?  It's hard to make out anything here, but at least these pics are larger, and that means that we have a better idea of what you mean.

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#197    MDeacon

MDeacon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

So I'm assuming YOU are Robbie Thomas...

The G.R.I.M Union
To Explain the Unexplained.

#198    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• 1,995 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

JerryTalbert on May 5 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

Here is the picture. Both pictures taken within 1 second of each other. There was no floor fan.

Thanks Jerry, You are right, no floor fan! thumbsup.gif I thought that's what it was too, to be honest. I lightened this pic up a bit just to see where your orb was and it seems that it's moved, how cool is that? There are several orbs floating around outside the house in this picture. Very interesting! Do you remember what the weather was like when these pics were taken?

linked-image

Edited by Pythia, 06 May 2009 - 12:07 AM.

#199    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

HerNibs on May 5 2009, 10:46 PM, said:

Ok, where was the photographer?  Where was the photographer located when this picture was taken?

Thanks for posting the pic, saves me from wandering through the thread.

HN

The photographer was outside at the back living room window shooting towards the kitchen. That is the kitchen door frame behind the object.

#200    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

Pythia on May 6 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

Thanks Jerry, You are right, no floor fan! thumbsup.gif I thought that's what it was too, to be honest. I lightened this pic up a bit just to see where your orb was and it seems that it's moved, how cool is that? There are several orbs floating around outside the house in this picture. Very interesting! Do you remember what the weather was like when these pics were taken?

linked-image

It was a quiet, windless night.

#201    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

Eternal Light on May 5 2009, 11:01 PM, said:

Jerry. I haven't seen this pic of the shadowy room before.  I am sure that I looked at all of the attachments that you posted, but this one escaped me.

Can you run me thro it?  Give a sort of summary of what we are looking at? Where is the ghost?  It's hard to make out anything here, but at least these pics are larger, and that means that we have a better idea of what you mean.

Here is an outline of the object. The headless woman with her left hand in her pocket.

Attached Thumbnails

• Headless_woman_outlined_white.jpg

#202    Lolipopkid

Lolipopkid

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

MDeacon on May 5 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

So I'm assuming YOU are Robbie Thomas...

Did you read any of this thread? Where did that even come from?

#203    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

If you have more pictures, please post them.  The more the merrier.  Just like the cheese I put on my spaghetti. yes.gif

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#204    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Meiliken on May 6 2009, 08:32 AM, said:

If you have more pictures, please post them.  The more the merrier.  Just like the cheese I put on my spaghetti. yes.gif

Well here is a picture of my son with a friend of his sitting on his lap. She had open heart surgery earlier and died twice on the operating table. His girlfriend shot this with a disposable camera. When my son got his pictures developed he became very upset over this white streak across his face. When I looked at it I cam to the belief that this wasn't an ordinary streak but the arm of something perhaps giving them both a hug.

Attached Thumbnails

• Brians_ghost_Logo.jpg

#205    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

JerryTalbert on May 5 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

The photographer was outside at the back living room window shooting towards the kitchen. That is the kitchen door frame behind the object.

Ok, then the shot was through a window correct?

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#206    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

JerryTalbert on May 6 2009, 11:41 AM, said:

Well here is a picture of my son with a friend of his sitting on his lap. She had open heart surgery earlier and died twice on the operating table. His girlfriend shot this with a disposable camera. When my son got his pictures developed he became very upset over this white streak across his face. When I looked at it I cam to the belief that this wasn't an ordinary streak but the arm of something perhaps giving them both a hug.

It could be, but it could also be a simple anomoly on the film.  When film gets developed. many times anomolies are on the photos, but good places, will use the stamp tool to fix the pictures before they give them back.  The anomolies many times are from when the developing process goes through, extra ink chemical splashes here and there to make marks on the film(yes, I did this myself).  Is it possible it's another entity?  Yes.  Is it possible it's a simple film error?  Yes.  For now though, all we have is supposition.  I'll jump for joy the day we have 100% incontrovertible proof.  Nice picture though.

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#207    PerVirtuous

PerVirtuous

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

• The universe is under no obligation to obey our descriptions or expectations of it.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

JerryTalbert on May 5 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

No one was in the room.

As I view this picture in post #194 two things are apparent. This picture is taken through a window and it is impossible to tell how much of what is seen is reflected in the window and what is inside the room. If you look to the left side of the photograph you will see the same pattern repeated twice. I believe this is the same object outside of the room being reflected once in the storm window and once in the regular window. Because of this reflecting, I can see no reason to consider this photograph paranormal in nature. It is inconclusive because we would need to know what was being reflected to make a reasonable determination. The shadowy figure in the background would be a perfect place for the reflection of the photographer to show up.

Edited by PerVirtuous, 07 May 2009 - 09:33 AM.

#208    PerVirtuous

PerVirtuous

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

• The universe is under no obligation to obey our descriptions or expectations of it.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

JerryTalbert on May 6 2009, 11:41 AM, said:

As I look at this picture in post #204, I see that the flash of the camera is reflected not only in her glasses, but also in a pane of glass between the subjects of the picture and the camera. This explains the light seen by his face as another reflection in the pane of glass. Also, if you look carefully at the chair in the blown up picture you can see specks of dust on the window in the foreground that is between the camera and the subjects. Again, what appear to be anomalies are merely reflections on a pane of glass the photograph was taken through. I am going to assume that since they are sitting in front of a garage that either it was taken from inside a vehicle or that the garage is at a right angle to the house and the pic is taken through a window in the house. I see no evidence of anything paranormal in this photograph that cannot be explained as a reflection in this window.

I believe I am not the first to suggest one of these pictures was taken through a window. I am convinced that both are.

#209    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

PerVirtuous on May 7 2009, 10:29 AM, said:

As I look at this picture in post #204, I see that the flash of the camera is reflected not only in her glasses, but also in a pane of glass between the subjects of the picture and the camera. This explains the light seen by his face as another reflection in the pane of glass. Also, if you look carefully at the chair in the blown up picture you can see specks of dust on the window in the foreground that is between the camera and the subjects. Again, what appear to be anomalies are merely reflections on a pane of glass the photograph was taken through. I am going to assume that since they are sitting in front of a garage that either it was taken from inside a vehicle or that the garage is at a right angle to the house and the pic is taken through a window in the house. I see no evidence of anything paranormal in this photograph that cannot be explained as a reflection in this window.

I believe I am not the first to suggest one of these pictures was taken through a window. I am convinced that both are.

So sorry, there wasn't any glass around the garage and no one was sitting in a car when they took the pictures. Those are the facts.

#210    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

PerVirtuous on May 7 2009, 10:19 AM, said:

As I view this picture in post #194 two things are apparent. This picture is taken through a window and it is impossible to tell how much of what is seen is reflected in the window and what is inside the room. If you look to the left side of the photograph you will see the same pattern repeated twice. I believe this is the same object outside of the room being reflected once in the storm window and once in the regular window. Because of this reflecting, I can see no reason to consider this photograph paranormal in nature. It is inconclusive because we would need to know what was being reflected to make a reasonable determination. The shadowy figure in the background would be a perfect place for the reflection of the photographer to show up.

Nothing much was in the room. The house does not have glass storm windows, they have screens. The person taking the picture was not wearing red or anything plaid. Ghosts many times appear in reflections of shinny objects. One has to be careful of matrixing when looking at the reflections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users