Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

The Most Haunted House In America


  • Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#46    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

If I lived near there I would be well up for a 'skeptic-test'

I would happily stay in the house for a few nights - without any mediums making up rubbish to plant in my subconscious, without former tenants recounting stories to influence my experience - and see what happened.

I doubt something like that will ever be set up though, as it would be all too easy for nothing to happen, and then the hype would be blown out of the water, which I'm sure several people don't want to happen.

Posted Image

#47    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

JerryTalbert on Apr 14 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

My name is Jerry Talbert and I am co-founder of the Kansas Paranormal Group and we have spent 4 years at the Sallie House and we have gathered a few hundred hours of video and hundreds of EVPs. I can tell you that the Sallie House is indeed haunted, but not the most haunted house in the country. I can also tell you that the story about the little girl "Sallie" has not been substantiated and probably never will. If the doctor operated on a little girl, then I believe they are at the wrong house. Once the doctor got married, he moved from his mother's house and into his own house which was next door. So for all of those psychic's who have given their own little stories, I'm afraid that they all got it wrong. There is information that we have withheld because we are tired of phony psychics repeating crap that is on the internet. As far as proof is concerned, what exactly do you want?
No matter what could be presented any skeptic will shoot it down. What I need is to have one of those skeptics with me so they can experience it first hand. And thank you Holly Dolly for the heads up on this forum because I wouldn't have found it otherwise.


Jerry,

Welcome to UM.

First off I would like to say thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

As with most things there are people on both sides of this issue. However I would like to tell you that there are a lot of people who claim things in these type of situations ( "I live near there", "I went there and got attacked", " My little sister's friend's babysitter's dog groomer lived there and...") whom can never present anything but trumped up versions of every other ghost story any of us have ever heard. This has a tendency to make some people here (me) very skeptical when presented with only stories. I would invite you when it is convenient for you to please post any evidence you have obtained that you think is pertinent and share it with us. It may come under fire, but some of us would really love to see what you have.

As to the bolded part of your quote, I understand the theory behind not wanting to give the charlatans more ammunition to use against the uninformed, however the only way to beat ignorance is the proliferation of information. I would be interested to hear what information you have found that doesn't correspond with the story.

Thanks again,
Paul



Edited for the bad spellings.

Edited by Paul Noise, 15 April 2009 - 12:33 PM.


#48    MaggieDruydess

MaggieDruydess

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Between now and then.

  • "Perception is more pleasing then the Truth."

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

JerryTalbert on Apr 14 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

My name is Jerry Talbert and I am co-founder of the Kansas Paranormal Group and we have spent 4 years at the Sallie House and we have gathered a few hundred hours of video and hundreds of EVPs. I can tell you that the Sallie House is indeed haunted, but not the most haunted house in the country. I can also tell you that the story about the little girl "Sallie" has not been substantiated and probably never will. If the doctor operated on a little girl, then I believe they are at the wrong house. Once the doctor got married, he moved from his mother's house and into his own house which was next door. So for all of those psychic's who have given their own little stories, I'm afraid that they all got it wrong. There is information that we have withheld because we are tired of phony psychics repeating crap that is on the internet. As far as proof is concerned, what exactly do you want?
No matter what could be presented any skeptic will shoot it down. What I need is to have one of those skeptics with me so they can experience it first hand. And thank you Holly Dolly for the heads up on this forum because I wouldn't have found it otherwise.


THANK YOU!

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."

#49    Melysia

Melysia

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Manchester (Eng)

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

The link "evidence" given just showed two guys, some silly music and a dog that wouldn't go into a room. The bloke opened the door but were not shown what was inside the room when the dog backed out of it. Obviously something that it didn't like, probably one of the crew shooing him back out again! I like scary house stuff but you really need something a little more solid than that. The pictures on the website are boring at best. All they show are pictures of "a" house a bent pen and some lad (smiling) that used to live there. It's all quite lame to me.

I'm not saying that if anyone has been there they haven't experienced what they did but all the links to so called evidence are rubbish. Plus the story behind the hauting is bland if it is made up. What happened to the doctor that performed the surgery and did he just so happen to have a set of surgical knives at the ready?


#50    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2007

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Melysia on Apr 16 2009, 12:27 PM, said:

The link "evidence" given just showed two guys, some silly music and a dog that wouldn't go into a room. The bloke opened the door but were not shown what was inside the room when the dog backed out of it. Obviously something that it didn't like, probably one of the crew shooing him back out again! I like scary house stuff but you really need something a little more solid than that. The pictures on the website are boring at best. All they show are pictures of "a" house a bent pen and some lad (smiling) that used to live there. It's all quite lame to me.

I'm not saying that if anyone has been there they haven't experienced what they did but all the links to so called evidence are rubbish. Plus the story behind the hauting is bland if it is made up. What happened to the doctor that performed the surgery and did he just so happen to have a set of surgical knives at the ready?


There isn't a story that can be validated by documentation, but feel free to create one. But here are some facts:
1. The Sallie House was built in 1872 by M.C. Finney.
2. M.C. Finney lived in the house for one year before he died in it.
3. The occupants of the house up to 1905; Charles Finney,Agnes Finney, and mother Kate Finney.
4. The house is a 3 bedroom house with a small open living room/ dining room, and Kitchen.
5. Dr. Finney became a doctor for the railroad in the 1890's. He had an office there and one downtown.
6. 1905 Dr. Finney got married and moved into his home next door to the Sallie House.
7. Agnes Finney and her husband died in the house. Kate died next door in her son's house.
8. In the 1990's a "Wiccan" moves in and is later removed by the landlord because of a pentagram located on the basement floor.
9. The Pickman's move in next. After baby is born, strange things begin to happen.
10. Evidence given to "Sightings" TV program. 6-8 shows were done on the Pickman's. Most alarming was the raw footage showing Tony being scratched on National television.

I am sorry that everything is so boring to you. Ghost hunting is something to experience, not watch.  If you go to the Sallie House, maybe nothing will happen. We have those nights. They are long and boring and it is work going over all of the video that we have recorded. Don't expect doors to slam shut, or lights to go on and off. What has happened is all mundaned. Smell of roses, being touched by invisible hands, an item being slammed into our world with a loud bam, equipment melting, black images on the photo's, images being distorted on our 35mm film, haunting EVPs captured that scare you, haunting phone call to your answering machine after you leave the house. This is the type of stuff that has happened. It terrified my 16 year old son who desperately wanted to come along. I suggest you watch some hollywood piece of garbage with it's over use of CGI if you want to be scared in the comforts of your livingroom couch.


#51    theyrelookingatyou

theyrelookingatyou

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2009

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi new here.

I have been to The Sallie house with Jerry and his group.  I have also been there with my own group.  What I have seen and experienced has convinced me that it is haunted.  No I don't buy all the hype about the house.  But I know what I've experienced.


#52    It's Just A Ride

It's Just A Ride

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined:15 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

theyrelookingatyou on Apr 17 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

Hi new here.

I have been to The Sallie house with Jerry and his group.  I have also been there with my own group.  What I have seen and experienced has convinced me that it is haunted.  No I don't buy all the hype about the house.  But I know what I've experienced.

Something's not quite right here....

"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

#53    Last_Soul

Last_Soul

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:10 Apr 2009

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted anything lately (Iím sure you are all eagerly waiting  happy.gif ) but I have honestly trying find some more evidence but itís hard.

But a few days ago I kinda had a break through! See, I had been checking out the sallie house movie's website (as well as a few other sites) to read up on the house and to see if it was going to release soon. Well to make a long story short, it did and I found the local production company in town and just went and bought one from the producer. I was very interested and talked to him for a long length of time about what he experienced in there and he told me that they themselves saw some crazy stuff in there. What he really said was interesting is in the movie (trying to sell to me probably lol).. he said that they got interviews with the owner, the Pickmans, the neighbor and like a bunch of people who had been in there.

So I took it home and watched it and wow! Iím really not trying to sell this documentary but there are some crazy stories in that movie. Even a few parts that gave me chills. I suggest you guys check it out; there is also a blog on the website for feedback which I will probably post on today.

I guess itís really hard to convince a skeptic. I know I haven't been able to provide much proof over this forum, but what I saw in the documentary is shocking to say the least. See for yourself...

http://www.thesalliehousemovie.com/



#54    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,700 posts
  • Joined:03 Apr 2008

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

Last_Soul on Apr 18 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted anything lately (Iím sure you are all eagerly waiting  happy.gif ) but I have honestly trying find some more evidence but itís hard.

But a few days ago I kinda had a break through! See, I had been checking out the sallie house movie's website (as well as a few other sites) to read up on the house and to see if it was going to release soon. Well to make a long story short, it did and I found the local production company in town and just went and bought one from the producer. I was very interested and talked to him for a long length of time about what he experienced in there and he told me that they themselves saw some crazy stuff in there. What he really said was interesting is in the movie (trying to sell to me probably lol).. he said that they got interviews with the owner, the Pickmans, the neighbor and like a bunch of people who had been in there.

So I took it home and watched it and wow! Iím really not trying to sell this documentary but there are some crazy stories in that movie. Even a few parts that gave me chills. I suggest you guys check it out; there is also a blog on the website for feedback which I will probably post on today.

I guess itís really hard to convince a skeptic. I know I haven't been able to provide much proof over this forum, but what I saw in the documentary is shocking to say the least. See for yourself...

http://www.thesalliehousemovie.com/


Yep. More so when all you got is a crappy movie link.


#55    Melysia

Melysia

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Manchester (Eng)

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

JerryTalbert on Apr 16 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

There isn't a story that can be validated by documentation, but feel free to create one. But here are some facts:
1. The Sallie House was built in 1872 by M.C. Finney.
2. M.C. Finney lived in the house for one year before he died in it.
3. The occupants of the house up to 1905; Charles Finney,Agnes Finney, and mother Kate Finney.
4. The house is a 3 bedroom house with a small open living room/ dining room, and Kitchen.
5. Dr. Finney became a doctor for the railroad in the 1890's. He had an office there and one downtown.
6. 1905 Dr. Finney got married and moved into his home next door to the Sallie House.
7. Agnes Finney and her husband died in the house. Kate died next door in her son's house.
8. In the 1990's a "Wiccan" moves in and is later removed by the landlord because of a pentagram located on the basement floor.
9. The Pickman's move in next. After baby is born, strange things begin to happen.
10. Evidence given to "Sightings" TV program. 6-8 shows were done on the Pickman's. Most alarming was the raw footage showing Tony being scratched on National television.

I am sorry that everything is so boring to you. Ghost hunting is something to experience, not watch.  If you go to the Sallie House, maybe nothing will happen. We have those nights. They are long and boring and it is work going over all of the video that we have recorded. Don't expect doors to slam shut, or lights to go on and off. What has happened is all mundaned. Smell of roses, being touched by invisible hands, an item being slammed into our world with a loud bam, equipment melting, black images on the photo's, images being distorted on our 35mm film, haunting EVPs captured that scare you, haunting phone call to your answering machine after you leave the house. This is the type of stuff that has happened. It terrified my 16 year old son who desperately wanted to come along. I suggest you watch some hollywood piece of garbage with it's over use of CGI if you want to be scared in the comforts of your livingroom couch.



There really is no need to get out of your pram about it all. I was simply saying the website and it's picture 'evidence' along with the youtube clip looked unconvincing. If the camera would have gone in the room after the dog backed out of it I wouldn't have much to say about the clip, apart from the silly music. Why on earth would you assume I want to watch hollywood garbage with cgi in it??? I don't like cgi in movies anyway. I never said I doubted what people have seen or felt in the house.


#56    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2007

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

Last_Soul on Apr 18 2009, 04:18 PM, said:

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted anything lately (Iím sure you are all eagerly waiting  happy.gif ) but I have honestly trying find some more evidence but itís hard.

But a few days ago I kinda had a break through! See, I had been checking out the sallie house movie's website (as well as a few other sites) to read up on the house and to see if it was going to release soon. Well to make a long story short, it did and I found the local production company in town and just went and bought one from the producer. I was very interested and talked to him for a long length of time about what he experienced in there and he told me that they themselves saw some crazy stuff in there. What he really said was interesting is in the movie (trying to sell to me probably lol).. he said that they got interviews with the owner, the Pickmans, the neighbor and like a bunch of people who had been in there.

So I took it home and watched it and wow! Iím really not trying to sell this documentary but there are some crazy stories in that movie. Even a few parts that gave me chills. I suggest you guys check it out; there is also a blog on the website for feedback which I will probably post on today.

I guess itís really hard to convince a skeptic. I know I haven't been able to provide much proof over this forum, but what I saw in the documentary is shocking to say the least. See for yourself...

http://www.thesalliehousemovie.com/


I hope that these stories have something to back them up with, because that is what everyone wants to see.



#57    Lolipopkid

Lolipopkid

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined:11 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

There is plenty of evidence out there. If they wanted it they would find it. Sometimes it's just easier to not believe. On the Official Web Site of the Sallie house they have plenty of EVP's and photo's. They have the history links to other investigations and a forum full of peoples opinions and experiences there. If none of this can offer evidence enough than nothing will.

This is some of what I captured while there. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...96362&st=30 I didn't ever put everything on this site.

Edited by Lolipopkid, 18 April 2009 - 09:07 PM.


#58    JerryTalbert

JerryTalbert

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2007

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

Lolipopkid on Apr 18 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

There is plenty of evidence out there. If they wanted it they would find it. Sometimes it's just easier to not believe. On the Official Web Site of the Sallie house they have plenty of EVP's and photo's. They have the history links to other investigations and a forum full of peoples opinions and experiences there. If none of this can offer evidence enough than nothing will.

This is some of what I captured while there. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...96362&st=30 I didn't ever put everything on this site.


I haven't figured out a way to put my pictures and audio on the forum. I listed to your two EVPs and the first one sounded like :  "Some Dead"     and the second one sounded like : "Are you playin?"   Which is in the voice of the small boy that I have captured many times.



#59    Lolipopkid

Lolipopkid

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined:11 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

The option is at the bottom of your reply page. Should have Attachments, Browse. and Upload.


#60    REBEL

REBEL

    Esoteric Seeker

  • Member
  • 6,559 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:=Australia=

  • ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

jmo...

America's Most Hunted House?









linked-image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users