Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman has 'phantom' third arm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31    .i.

.i.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:53 AM

theSOURCE on Apr 14 2009, 02:56 AM, said:

Ah, so brawl is your attitude towards posting as well as your moniker. grin2.gif

Whatever, buddy.

Like I said, I'm sorry for having insulted your beliefs.

If and when you're interested in having a discussion regarding serious scientific data I'll be happy to oblige you. wink2.gif

I don't hold any believes because I dont presume to know without valid scientific proof so don't worry about that.

Posted Image

#32    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:04 AM

brawl on Apr 13 2009, 09:53 PM, said:

I don't hold any believes because I dont presume to know without valid scientific proof

That's a very wise path to follow. wink2.gif

so don't worry about that.

I'm not worried about a thing. original.gif

#33    .i.

.i.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:22 AM

theSOURCE on Apr 14 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

That's a very wise path to follow. wink2.gif

Yes it is, but I guess it doesn't stop me from being philosofical wink2.gif

theSOURCE on Apr 14 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

I'm not worried about a thing. original.gif

Well I feel much better now and I hope you do to, kind words and smiley faces do wonders original.gif

Posted Image

#34    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

brawl on Apr 13 2009, 10:22 PM, said:

Yes it is, but I guess it doesn't stop me from being philosofical wink2.gif

Well I feel much better now and I hope you do to, kind words and smiley faces do wonders original.gif

Absolutely. Why propagate animosity when a simple "agree to disagree" sentiment will suffice?

Regardless, phantom limbs existing in a parallel universe is still fantasy.

Booya! tongue.gif

#35    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,297 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

What?!?!?  Nobody's heard the latest, she's Doc Ock's grandmother.

linked-image

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#36    Exterminator

Exterminator

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

• A single tree can give life to hundreds of humans, but a single human can take life from hundreds of trees.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Ashiene on Apr 14 2009, 06:32 AM, said:

i think she can already move objects with her phantom arm, as it said in the article that 'the woman can use the apparitional extremity to relieve very real itches on the cheek. It cannot penetrate solid objects.'

The phantom arm cannot penetrate solid objects!

Well I think she can relieve itches on cheek because after all those itches are on her own body and they can be relieved if her brain is told that they are relieved... When her phantom arm does so, her brain is told that there is no more itching....

The article say that the arm cannot penetrate solid objects.. but can she really move other objects..? I don't think so... I mean that would be like WOAH.

We have not inherited this earth from our ancestors, we are borrowing it from our children.
They have given us a paradise lushed with vegetation. And we will return them a land of scorching deserts with rotting earth graced by black smog. Are we shameless?

#37    dorto

dorto

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

brawl on Apr 13 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

Ok, It makes no sense to you then. And I'm not saying that this is what's causing the arm, I'm just saying maybe, who knows.

octomom has a new friend to play with. soon shell have many arms like an octopus

#38    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

An easy Check to see if she had an Adam's Apple would have told yah that. w00t.gif  laugh.gif

Pavot

Edited by Pavot, 14 April 2009 - 10:08 AM.

#39    .i.

.i.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

I guess ideas that sounds too bizarre simply exists in the realm of impossibility then.

Posted Image

#40    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,707 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

Resonance on Apr 13 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

Okay, please refer to the website: dictionary.com...

I would like you to look up the word 'speculation'.
Supernatural speculation could honestly mean ANYTHING.
So, what gives you the right to say it makes no sense?

Do you even know how a parallel universe is theorectically possible?
Apparently not..

@Brawl and Resonance

The odds of a finite, localized extension of parralel universe eminating from the woman in question are extremely improbable, bordering on impossible. It is far more likely that she suffers from an as of yet undiagnosed form of psychosis, or chemical imbalance, but common sense dictates that this could even be a form of attention seeking behavior. Take a closer look at the obvious before throwing out random scientific theories, it makes you look like you forgot your tinfoil hat.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 14 April 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#41    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

SpIdErCyDe on Apr 14 2009, 07:24 AM, said:

The odds of a finite, localized extension of parralel universe eminating from the woman in question are extremely improbable, bordering on impossible. It is far more likely that she suffers from an as of yet undiagnosed form of psychosis, or chemical imbalance, but common sense dictates that this could even be a form of attention seeking behavior. Take a closer look at the obvious before throwing out random scientific theories, it makes you look like you forgot your tinfoil hat.

Yet, with your ignorance you fail to see that it was not I who proposed the speculative parallel universe idea. I was just the one stating that, whether it be less probable, it's still plausible. Extremely improbable... could you please substantiate this claim?
Provide scientific data to help ease the reasoning...
Of course it's less probable.... I've already agreed with that assumption... which is exactly what it is, an assumption because you haven't the knowledge yourself to actually ascertain it...

Pff.   no.gif

Ahh, I see... You've added "Brawl & Resonance" to your post, this could help people understand that it wasn't I, who believed it to be a parallel appendage. haha.

Edited by Resonance, 14 April 2009 - 02:37 PM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#42    .i.

.i.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Resonance on Apr 14 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

Ahh, I see... You've added "Brawl & Resonance" to your post, this could help people understand that it wasn't I, who believed it to be a parallel appendage. haha.

I don't believe that it is a parallel appendage either...

SpIdErCyDe on Apr 14 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

@Brawl and Resonance

I didn't say that it was the most probable explanation and never believed so, and I got the impression from everyone here that it was something impossible because of some reason. Yet you speak of odds, and something that is far more likely. All probabilities exists in a Multiverse somewhere, even the most smallest ones.

And thanks for the tinfoil hat joke, really does make me look like a morron doesn't it?

Posted Image

#43    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

How fascinating.

I lopped off a fingertip back in 1978.  My body still can't register the fact that it's gone.  When I go to push a button or something there's always this little thought in the back of my mind of, "Hey somethings wrong.  I'm feeling the button inside my finger.  This can't be...".  I've always wondered if the "missing limb" experience is related to the concept of an "astral body" and such.

#44    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

theSOURCE on Apr 13 2009, 10:56 PM, said:

Extra-dimensional limbs are the stuff of fantasy (man, I could go into adult territory with that one....but I won't tongue.gif ).

Great minds think alike. My first thought was: wow, that could be fun in a boring business meeting.

#45    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

brawl on Apr 14 2009, 08:21 AM, said:

I don't believe that it is a parallel appendage either...

I didn't say that it was the most probable explanation and never believed so, and I got the impression from everyone here that it was something impossible because of some reason. Yet you speak of odds, and something that is far more likely. All probabilities exists in a Multiverse somewhere, even the most smallest ones.

And thanks for the tinfoil hat joke, really does make me look like a morron doesn't it?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did.
I agree, it's not the most probable, but just like you said according to the multiverse theory, there's no reason to rule your idea out completely. (Of course, it's pretty much unfathomable..) wink2.gif

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users