Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Match results thread

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#166    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

I don't think that this game has been reported as yet:
Karlis (White) wins  v  Paranoid Android (black)

Thanks for the Game PA -- I think your Queen "tripped" rather badly early in the game while looking at my Rook, and I won't be taking our next (present) game lightly. :tu:

Karlis

#167    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,786 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:22 AM

Sumydid[White] vs Tiggs[Black]...

Sumydid: We meet again. Good luck, though you won't need it!
Tiggs: Ah, Mr Sumydid, I've been expecting you... * Strokes white cat *
Sumydid: Did..... Sumy Did. * Sips shaken martini *
Sumydid: I'll take the bait.
Tiggs: * Looks innocent *
Sumydid: * steps cautiously forward *
Tiggs: * Opens the pit containing sharks with lasers *
Sumydid: Well done, old friend. You pulled the rabbit out of the hat this time, but, we'll meet again one day. * swims through underground tunnel *

Tiggs wins.

Well played, chap. Apologies for the shark pit.

Edited by Tiggs, 16 September 2009 - 09:46 AM.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#168    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,123 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Paranoid Android (white) [wins] vs The Dark Side (black)

Well played.  I'd never tried that opening before, and I think I'll keep it aside for a Blitz game, because there's just too much thinking out all the possibilities in correspondence chess.  

btw, Karlis - well played.  You're right, I did overplay my Queen in the hope of you overlooking that Rook.  I did see your possible counter-move, but didn't see all the ramifications.  Well played.  I won't be so cavalier next time.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#169    protostar

protostar

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Karlis (wh) vs The Dark Side (bl)

Well..... The Dark Side got his Back Side kicked again!  :(  :D

Good game Karlis.

#170    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,786 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

The Dark Side (White) vs TiggsUM (Black)

TiggsUM Wins.

Very good game, chap. It was really close, pretty much all the way up until your Bishop got stuck.

That's all my matches done. Thanks to everyone for playing :yes:

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#171    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,628 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Tiggs it looks like its between you and Karlis for first place, only a few games left to go now. :tu:

#172    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Well, I'm hoping that PA can channel Kasparov again in his match vs Karlis, but Karlis is looking pretty unstoppable at the moment.

HERE
Posted Image

#173    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,123 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

Paranoid Android (white) vs KarlisUM (black) [wins]

Very well done, Karlis.  Sorry Tiggs, I did my best but Karlis did a number on me.  I actually saw his QxP move before I made my last move, and thought I could counter it.  Unfortunately I didn't see his follow-up Rook move until after he made the move and I was forced to take a closer look at the position.  It was pretty obvious on reflection, but that's just the way things go sometimes.  

Ah well - at least I can console myself in being the only person to beat Tiggs outright in this tournament.

Regards,

* P.S - crap, I thought I'd played all my games, but I just noticed I still have a game in hand against Dark Side.  I'm just about to challenge him to the rematch, but it only has a bearing on who will come out third or fourth (or perhaps equal third) between myself and Saru.

* P.P.S - And it seems Dark Side is currently playing his maximum number of games at the moment, so that will have to wait at least until he finishes a game.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 23 October 2009 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#174    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

I know. I watched the match.

I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming "Nooooooooooooooo" in Australia after you moved your Rook to D2. If you'd moved the King to G2 then things would have been much more interesting.

However - it's not over just yet. Karlis still needs to beat Thistle to win overall.

HERE
Posted Image

#175    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,628 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

I'm still trying to get in touch with Thistle however she seems to have disappeared for the moment, if I don't hear anything from her soon we'll need to discount her matches from the tournament to see things to a conclusion.

#176    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,628 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

Thistle has now pulled out of the tournament which means we now have our first and second place results.

Click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users