Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Match results thread

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#76    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

Is there a scoreboard...How can I view it?
Hoping a REply soon
THanks
B???

Posted Image

#77    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,065 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Scores can be viewed in the Chess Groups & Scoreboard thread.

#78    sumydid

sumydid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• “You must submit to supreme suffering in order to discover the completion of joy”

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

sumydid (Black) [Wins] vs Still Waters (White)

#79    sumydid

sumydid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• “You must submit to supreme suffering in order to discover the completion of joy”

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:06 AM

Good games Still Waters.   thumbup.gif

#80    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

Thistle (white) [wins] vs jnersn (black)

Good game grin2.gif

#81    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

ParanoidAndroid (black) [wins] vs zombiedog (white)

Thanks for the game.  I thought you had spotted the little trap I had for a while.  In future, remember that Rooks are powerful pieces and no one just gives them up for no reason.  If you see someone letting you take their rook for free, check and see what they're hiding first (if they are hiding something - you may occasionally get a player who just misses seeing it)!

Good game thumbsup.gif

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 May 2009 - 10:23 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#82    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Rosewin (black) vs Still Waters (white)

He forced me to resign. SW wins.

Edited by Rosewin, 21 May 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#83    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,588 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

sumydid on May 18 2009, 05:06 AM, said:

Good games Still Waters.   thumbup.gif

They were indeed  thumbsup.gif  even though I did lose them both  laugh.gif

Posted Image

#84    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,588 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Rosewin on May 21 2009, 01:24 PM, said:

Rosewin (black) vs Still Waters (white)

He forced me to resign. SW wins.

"He" is a "She"  grin2.gif

Good games Rosewin, you won one and I one the other  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#85    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Group D
cryptidcontrol timed out in both games against me (KarlisUM), thus losing both games.
Sorry that he chose not to play.

Karlis

#86    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,065 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:18 AM

In that case I think we can discount cryptidcontrol from the running as well, meaning that Group D has now completed all its games. You had some bad luck with players not moving in that group.

That leaves us with groups B, E and F left to decide who goes through to the next round.

#87    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

• 2,395 posts

• " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Paranoid Android on May 21 2009, 03:07 AM, said:

ParanoidAndroid (black) [wins] vs zombiedog (white)

Thanks for the game.  I thought you had spotted the little trap I had for a while.  In future, remember that Rooks are powerful pieces and no one just gives them up for no reason.  If you see someone letting you take their rook for free, check and see what they're hiding first (if they are hiding something - you may occasionally get a player who just misses seeing it)!

Good game thumbsup.gif

Rooks are the knights, right ? Btw, I am loving the fact that you are willing to give me some pionters here. I not just only appriciate it , but in the past when i first was taught by some very respected friends , they would teach me as they won of course. Thing is they taught me and paced the game giving me pionters when i didnt see them. I have played strangers as well and some did the same thing. Mind you these were face to face chessboard games. I have tried to inncorporate this influence on friends that are interested in learning the game. E used to play all the time from 16-25 years old. It wasnt until 5 years or so ago I started playing the computer . I only know one person I recently met and weve gone to starbucks and im teaching him how to play. I know im not the greatest chess player but advice from more advanced players is very cool way , to me, give the game itself the respect it derseves because we can always advance in life stratigies, and chess does that. Just wish i could play more literal boardgames with mentors like when i first learned. I still have allot of questions about the game. Thank you for sharing information nost people wouldnt, unless of course they love the game to that point of giving its honor to educate less experienced players. So thanks again for paying it forward as far as  trying to help me become a better player.

At least we were able to play this year it was fun and best of luck and skill as you move up to the final games ahead in this tournament.

Abecrombie  yes.gif

Posted ImageZombiedog

#88    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:24 AM

No worries, Abercrombie.  Glad I could help.  You're right, face-to-face games do make it easier to talk about the move and where you could have moved better, but it's hard to do that online.  

For the record, the Rooks are those pieces that start in the corners - they look like corners of castles, and sometimes people call them Castle.  But their real name is Rook.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#89    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

• 2,395 posts

• " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Paranoid Android on May 22 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

No worries, Abercrombie.  Glad I could help.  You're right, face-to-face games do make it easier to talk about the move and where you could have moved better, but it's hard to do that online.  

For the record, the Rooks are those pieces that start in the corners - they look like corners of castles, and sometimes people call them Castle.  But their real name is Rook.

Thanks !! thumbsup.gif

Posted ImageZombiedog

#90    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,588 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Paranoid Android on May 23 2009, 06:24 AM, said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the pieces by their proper names. I call Rooks... Castles as well, and I keep calling Knghts...Horses  laugh.gif Well at least I know which way all the pieces move in order to play the game  grin2.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users