Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Match results thread

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#91    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,660 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Still Waters on May 24 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the pieces by their proper names. I call Rooks... Castles as well, and I keep calling Knghts...Horses  laugh.gif Well at least I know which way all the pieces move in order to play the game  grin2.gif
Could be worse.  I've seen some people call pawns "prawns", and when you capture their piece they're always complaining that you "ate their prawn" rofl.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#92    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 41,040 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Paranoid Android on May 23 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Could be worse.  I've seen some people call pawns "prawns", and when you capture their piece they're always complaining that you "ate their prawn" rofl.gif

"prawns"  laugh.gif ....at least I'm not that bad  grin2.gif

Posted Image

#93    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

If anyone is interested please start up some post-tournament games with me just for fun....I keep wanting to check my RHP account but no, no one is playing me now that all the games are complete. Rosewin.

#94    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:18 AM

Rosewin on May 24 2009, 01:32 AM, said:

If anyone is interested please start up some post-tournament games with me just for fun....I keep wanting to check my RHP account but no, no one is playing me now that all the games are complete. Rosewin.
Rosewin, I'm not sure if you know about some of the options available on RHP, but if you would like to play chess games with others, you have two options there.
* One is to click on the "Open Invites" icon, and see if there are players wanting a game. Sometimes there is nobody listed, but at other times there are dozens of people looking for opponents. This changes from minute to minute, as games are offered and accepted.

* You can also click on the "New Game" icon, fill in the boxes, and put yourself down as a player looking for an opponent.

After a while you will find this quite a simple procedure. ~~~ Just one suggestion to make your games more interesting both for you and your opponent; estimate your 'rating' and pick players who are slightly higher rated than you are.

Hope that was useful,
Karlis

#95    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,660 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Rosewin on May 24 2009, 01:32 AM, said:

Hey Rosewin,

Just challenged you to a game.  The colour choice was set at random, and so whenever you're ready, you can start us off original.gif  Should be fun

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#96    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

• 2,396 posts

• " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

Still Waters on May 23 2009, 07:17 AM, said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the pieces by their proper names. I call Rooks... Castles as well, and I keep calling Knghts...Horses  laugh.gif Well at least I know which way all the pieces move in order to play the game  grin2.gif

Show off !!  That prawn statement was funny huh ? Interestingly enough as some people call pawns, " prawns", my mother calls prawns, " prongs " .
What a visual, have you ever ate a prong before ? haha

Posted ImageZombiedog

#97    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Karlis on May 23 2009, 11:18 PM, said:

Rosewin, I'm not sure if you know about some of the options available on RHP, but if you would like to play chess games with others, you have two options there.
* One is to click on the "Open Invites" icon, and see if there are players wanting a game. Sometimes there is nobody listed, but at other times there are dozens of people looking for opponents. This changes from minute to minute, as games are offered and accepted.

* You can also click on the "New Game" icon, fill in the boxes, and put yourself down as a player looking for an opponent.

After a while you will find this quite a simple procedure. ~~~ Just one suggestion to make your games more interesting both for you and your opponent; estimate your 'rating' and pick players who are slightly higher rated than you are.

Hope that was useful,
Karlis

Thank you but I am really interested in only playing fellow U-M members.

Paranoid Android on May 24 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

Hey Rosewin,

Just challenged you to a game.  The colour choice was set at random, and so whenever you're ready, you can start us off :)  Should be fun

^_^

#98    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 41,040 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Abecrombie on May 25 2009, 12:59 AM, said:

Show off !!  That prawn statement was funny huh ? Interestingly enough as some people call pawns, " prawns", my mother calls prawns, " prongs " .
What a visual, have you ever ate a prong before ? haha

"prongs"  laugh.gif  that's a new one!  well they do 'pong' a bit   grin2.gif

Posted Image

#99    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Rosewin on May 25 2009, 10:41 PM, said:

Thank you but I am really interested in only playing fellow U-M members.

happy.gif
Sorry Rosewin, I'm a bit dense sometimes. and I obviously misunderstood you. original.gif anyhow, PA has started a game with you, and if you would like another UM player, please feel free to start a game with me; I don't mind which colour I play. As you know, I'm logged in as KarlisUM on RHP.

Looking forward to a game,
Karlis

#100    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

Sweet.

#101    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,660 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

Paranoid Android (black) [wins] vs Gary Hart (white)

Another Time Out victory sad.gif

Posted Image

#102    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,493 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

That leaves us with just two pending matches to determine the winners of groups B and E.

#103    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

• 2,396 posts

• " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

zombiedog [ blk] wins vs Gary hart [ wh]

timeout victory

Posted ImageZombiedog

#104    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Thistle (black)[wins] vs Jnersn (white)

Timeout sad.gif

#105    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,493 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

Well I think we can get started on round two now, details coming up shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users