Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

DOOPArts documented-out-of-place artifacts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#46    Eddy_P

Eddy_P

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

TheSearcher on Jun 30 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

Your answers makes no sense whatsoever and you have not given me any reason as to why they would use 3 CD-ROM's and a 386 computer from 1995. Because they describe events from 1991?

Yes.
The Grolier and RedShift2 cd-roms contain historical and astronomical information from the late 20th century.
In various prophetic texts (eg. Daniel and Revelation), the account of the future ‘End Time War’ refers to the 1991 Persian Gulf War shown to ancient prophets by a time traveller from the Grolier cd-rom.
It is the related SIGN for “Michael” standing up, which relates to Michael Drosnin being shown the Bible Code by Dr Eliyahu Rips in 1992.

Ronald Pegg has found that the Sun and Moon turning Black refers to the oil fires that occurred during the 1991 Persian Gulf War, and that the other Wonders in Heaven refer to the Comet ShoemakerLevy9 breaking apart in July 1992 then impacting the planet Jupiter in July 1994, plus the Comet HaleBopp being seen with the naked eye in April 1997.

To condense 7 years of research and findings…from known religious perspectives…

* The Old Testament tells of the coming of a Messenger named Michael (Messiah the Prince)- after Elijah (prophet) and after a war (ie. a 'time of great trouble').

* The New Testament tells of this Michael disputing the Books of Moses (ie. Genesis) aftera Comet is seen.

* In the Book of Judges we are told that this messenger (angel of the Lord; 6:11) visits Oprah.

* John in Revelations reports this Michael as the first of Two End Time historical Witnesseswho present their testimonies 1260 days apart.

* The Qur'an tells of the coming of an Un-Lettered Prophet (ie. The un-named Second Witness from Revelations).

Here is a brief overview of some of the End Time characters who have been identified.

The American Michael Drosnin was the author of The Bible Code book.
He was the first to publicly disclose the idea that there was a code in the Bible.

The comet in July 1992 coincides with 'Michael standing up' after the troubles of the 1991 Persian Gulf War.

The July 1994 Jupiter impact relates to Dr Eliyahu Rips coming to the world stage of scientific achievement in Israel (with his E.L.S. paper). He provided evidence of a code in the Bible.

The Comet HaleBopp in April 1997 is the allied astronomical sign of Michael 'disputing the Book of Moses'. (ie. His 1997 Bible Code book told of a code in the Book of Genesis.)

Subsequent to 1997 this Michael appeared on the Oprah Winfrey TV Show and discussed his discoveries.

In October 2000 Ronald Pegg announced that compact disk imagery has been documented in ancient texts, and he was the second to publicly announce that there were alternate meanings to the Bible's words - in essence, another type of Bible code.

The “dream” and “vision” accounts in various prophetic texts document and describe the pictures and sequences of images from the Ancients cd-rom.

As stated in an earlier post, these mid 1990 cd-roms ran on a PC 386 computer.
The Time Travellers apparently kept it simple. They did not need to use a higher technology to show these cd-roms to ancient people.

TheSearcher on Jun 30 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

And why would they use a faulty software with a glitch? That even makes less sense.

Only once in the past 7,000 years did the comet SML-9 impact the planet Jupiter.
Only once in the past 7,000 years did Michael Drosnin report a code being in the Bible.

There is only one cd-rom with a glitch that relates 6 civilizations from the Mediterranean region - in 1995.

ALL these attributes make each of them unique.

The time travellers used UNIQUE historical and astronomical events, unique people and unique discoveries, plus a unique c-rom in order to make sure that, when those events occur in the future, they are easily identifiable.
In this way, there can be no doubt which historical / astronomical events and people making unique discoveries are being documented and described in the various ancient texts.

#47    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,784 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

So the data on those cd-roms no longer exists beyond those Cd-roms?

Someone dig up Blind Harry - I want to know about King Arthur....

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#48    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

Sorry, but no, this still makes no sense whatsoever. Nor the computer from the mid 90's nor the fact that the CD-rom is supposedly unique.

Also all you say about the bible the Qu'ran, the thora are interpretations. Ronald Pegg has found nothing, he has interpreted them, that's two totally different things. Interpretation of any fact can still be inherently wrong. Especially when it concerns religious texts, or antique texts, since the context and frame of reference are totally different when written, than to the context and frame of reference when they are interpreted.

So you can discuss it all you want, unless you actually have some tangible proof, I believe that this is yet another way to make a pretty penny.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#49    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

So this is what you're saying:

In the far future, someone creates a time machine.

They decide to go back to the distant past to impart some knowledge about god-knows-what to the heathens.

He literally cannot find anything to take back except an ancient computer and a CD-ROM. Technology that is out of date now, let alone in the far future.

Are you seriously telling me that there would be no other way of taking this information back?

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#50    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

Emma_Acid on Jun 30 2009, 02:47 PM, said:

So this is what you're saying:

In the far future, someone creates a time machine.

They decide to go back to the distant past to impart some knowledge about god-knows-what to the heathens.

He literally cannot find anything to take back except an ancient computer and a CD-ROM. Technology that is out of date now, let alone in the far future.

Are you seriously telling me that there would be no other way of taking this information back?

I asked him the same kinda question twice, you saw his answer. I still not sure if it makes any sense whatsoever.

Publilius Syrus.

#51    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

TheSearcher on Jun 30 2009, 07:51 AM, said:

I asked him the same kinda question twice, you saw his answer. I still not sure if it makes any sense whatsoever.

Of course it doesn't, and the OP simply ignores any questions that relate to this very good point and just keeps regurgitating the same lengthy pointless garbage over and over. He obviously has no grasp of how technology works and why a CD-ROM would be completely unneeded.

I would call his whole pitch disturbing, but it's so completely assinine and absurd that it borders on hilarity.

Edited by Moonie2012, 30 June 2009 - 02:21 PM.

#52    DarkNova@

DarkNova@

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Come see me on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000445653918

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Why is this advertisment thread still open?

We are the ones who dwell within.
I am the one who dwelt within CAIN!
I am the one who dwelt within NERO!
I once dwelt within JUDAS!
I was with Legion.
I am Belial
and I am Lucifer, the devil in the flesh.

#53    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,116 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

I thought it was against the terms here for users to attempt to make money off the rather large contingent of idiots that post here.

Eddy P has been here before with this hoo haw and no doubt will return.

I've seen him peddling his snake oil at four or five different forums over the last five years or so.

Is U-M getting a cut of his profits, or what?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#54    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Robert Edwin Pengilly (Aka Eddy Pengelly) is easy enough to find on the internet while Ronald Pegg doesn't exist except for a report of a a Ronald Pegg having committed some crime  (I do not believe they are the same).  This is interesting because on other sites Mr Pengilly indicates that Mr Pegg tried numerous times to get his finds to the public but failed.  He (Mr Pegg) must not have tried the internet as there is not one website or forum post attributable to him as far as I have been able to determine.

On Mr Pengilly's site there is an image that supposedly shows a cd jewel case being removed from a box, but if you inspect it closely you see that the portion of the hand on the underside of the supposed cd case is clearly visible through and as cd jewel cases have an opaque part the hand would not be visible, thus what is most likely being removed is some type of glass. and not a cd jewel case

The image from the bible is a poor camera image of a show on vhs from 2000 and though some suspect it may be from the 1500's there is no corroborating evidence that it is any older than say a few decades.

According to Mr Pengilly there is a glitch on one of the cd's.  A search for information on the glitch on the internet found nothing, but that cd was used extensively and reviewed with no indication of a glitch Mediterranean cd-rom review  Therefore it can be assumed (but not proven) that the glitch may only exist on the copy owned by Mr Pengilly and does not support his assertions concerning it.

in a previous popst Mr Pengilly writes
QUOTE ("Mr Pengilly")
Arks in the Bible - Noah's Ark was a Computer's Repository

If that were indeed the case then the dimensions would have been closer to the actual size of the computer and not hundreds of feet in length

in another post Mr Pengilly writes
QUOTE ("Mr Pengilly")
In the Book of Judges we are told that this messenger (angel of the Lord; 6:11) visits Oprah

Actually it is written Ophrah and refers to an ancient city that would have been close to the modern day Isralei settlement of Ofar Ophrah on wikipedia and has nothing to do with a modern day talk show host

I think it's time Mr Pengilly used Occams Razor (his avatar sure could use a shave).  Images on mid 1990's cd's didn't influence what was written long ago,  what was written long ago influenced the creation of those images.  With no pictures or paintings available, graphics artists had to use what was written to guide them in their creation of the cd images.

#55    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

somebody needs to close this thread down already!!!

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#56    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

Personally, I admire the mind that went to this much trouble!!  I mean, what was it that instigated such a search in the first place?  There are a few things I'd question for sure, like where did they get the power to run the computer when they took it back in time?  They would have to take an almighty huge battery with them.  Also, was it the same person who visited all the various sites where these "teachings" were given?  It wouldn't necessarily be that they had to take the computer back in time either.  What if it was done by astral travelling?  Some people supposedly can read the akashic records, so why couldn't they tune in to a particular time and watch a presentation on a computer?

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#57    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

digitalartist on Jun 30 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

If that were indeed the case then the dimensions would have been closer to the actual size of the computer and not hundreds of feet in length

Actually it is written Ophrah and refers to an ancient city that would have been close to the modern day Isralei settlement of Ofar Ophrah on wikipedia and has nothing to do with a modern day talk show host

I think it's time Mr Pengilly used Occams Razor (his avatar sure could use a shave).  Images on mid 1990's cd's didn't influence what was written long ago,  what was written long ago influenced the creation of those images.  With no pictures or paintings available, graphics artists had to use what was written to guide them in their creation of the cd images.

Well I totally missed these two things he said, withing all the nonsense this man writes.  Noah's arc a computer repository? Unless it was a complete data center with hundreds of servers I don't really see why they would be the arc the size indicated in the Bible. Yep I agree.

And as to Oprah being visited by an Angel / time traveller..... nope, that's just too far fetched. OK she does good things, but hell she aint no saint either.

All in all it makes for a funny read, but to be honest, I'd be shocked anybody actually buys into this.

Publilius Syrus.

#58    Eddy_P

Eddy_P

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Qoais on Jul 1 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

…was it the same person who visited all the various sites where these "teachings" were given?

In two encounters, the time traveller (aka Angel) is given the name Gabriel.
Ezekiel had an encounter with a messenger named Gabriel.
Mohammed identified the messenger as the angel Gabriel.

digitalartist on Jul 1 2009, 05:15 AM, said:

…..Mr Pegg tried numerous times to get his finds to the public but failed.  He (Mr Pegg) must not have tried the internet as there is not one website or forum post attributable to him as far as I have been able to determine.
Wrong. You are misinformed.
Between 2001 and 2005 (?) Ronald Pegg had his own active website called ‘ronpeggdiscoveries.com’

Due to the costs of keeping it up and running, it was taken over by PPHC Study Group and is a sub-folder on their website.
A link to an archived copy of it can be found via the PPHC Study Group MEMBER AREA (when it reopens in a few months time).

1. The Ron Pegg Discoveries (archived) website does not sell anything, and in fact provides most of his original research documentation for free.
2. A newer version in the form of a compilation of information is currently active. The Ronald Pegg website is also accessed via the PPHC Study Group website.
3. His autobiography entitled ‘The Second Witness’ has its own website too. While it is currently not active, some information is available via a link (you guessed it) from the PPHC Study Group website (Member Area).

BUT unfortunately, due to forum rules, I am not able to post links to these three sites.

On Mr Pengilly's site there is an image that supposedly shows a cd jewel case being removed from a box, but if you inspect it closely you see that the portion of the hand on the underside of the supposed cd case is clearly visible through and as cd jewel cases have an opaque part the hand would not be visible, thus what is most likely being removed is some type of glass. and not a cd jewel case

Once again you are misinformed.
No, it is not glass. It is clear plastic, through which the hand is visible.
It is a clear-based jewel case, such as the one pictured here. They came with either a black or clear base-plate.

linked-image Attached File  jewelw.jpg   2.8K   13 downloads

ALSO, the Mormon witness states what it contains.
This is fully discussed on the World Breaking Discoveries website in the FAQ section.
But as links are unable to be given on this forum, here is a copy of the information.

Question:
“Isn't the mid 1800s picture of Smith just showing a glass plate, and not a plastic CD container ?”

linked-image Attached File  morm_cd.jpg   7.75K   19 downloads
It does look like a glass plate, doesn't it, and historically, photographic glass plates of that size were invented in that century, around the year Joseph Smith took possession of his "religious" articles. Add to this the fact that plastic was not discovered until much later, the notion of it being a plastic compact disk container seems to go against logic.

So we must carefully evaluate all the evidence to enable us to make a conclusion whether this is a picture of a glass (photographic) plate or a plastic compact disk container.

Glass Plate
In 1822 the "Camera", and in 1826 "Photography" were invented by Joseph Niepce. These devices utilized photographic glass "plates" and varied in size, but were approximately six to eight inches square and contained an image on the face of the glass when exposed. So they either had an image on them when they were exposed, or were blank and clear before they were exposed. Other than that, there was no content within the plate itself.

Plastic Container
On page 27 of the Mormon publication (6/95) "Truth Restored" is a picture of the Eight Witnesses and Smith holding the above box, and is partly entitled "and held in their hands the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated".

On the 'Brief Explanation About' page of The Book of Mormon, it is explained that "the teachings of the prophets; the history by Mormon; a commentary by Moroni; and a record of the Jews" were contained in these plates.
(Could a blank glass plate contain all that information ?)

One plate in particular, The Plate of Brass, is said to have contained "the five books of Moses, a record of the Jews, and also the prophecies of the holy prophets". These are referring to the Pentateuch, the Historical Writings (of Kings and Chronicles for example), and the Prophetic books.

Comparison
Visual evidence from the above picture gives that either a glass plate or a plastic compact disk container is being held in the person's hand.
Now to take into account what was contained in that plate.

Does a blank, unexposed (or exposed) glass photographic plate (of the mid 1800s) contain "the five books of Moses, the Historical Writings of the Jews, and the prophecies of the holy prophets" ?

NO

linked-image Attached File  CD_4.jpg   3.85K   7 downloads

This is the Holy Bible CD-Rom. It is a brass colour.

A compact disk looks somewhat like a plate.
Compact disks are normally housed in a plastic container.
They can contain much information.
(When the brass coloured disk is housed in the jewell case, the jewell case (aka plate) looks like a brass plate.)

Does this Brass Plate contain "the five books of Moses, the Historical Writings of the Jews, and the prophecies of the holy prophets" ?

YES

From the visual and documented evidence, the glass photographic plate is NOT the answer.

According to Mr Pengilly there is a glitch on one of the cd's.  A search for information on the glitch on the internet found nothing, but that cd was used extensively and reviewed with no indication of a glitch Mediterranean cd-rom review  Therefore it can be assumed (but not proven) that the glitch may only exist on the copy owned by Mr Pengilly and does not support his assertions concerning it.

From where Ronald Pegg obtained his copy of the Ancients cd-rom I do not know. But from his Review & Criticism of it (found on his website), he confirms it had a glitch.

(Ronald Pegg’s extract used with permission…
“I was initially very disappointed with the limited information supplied in this Egyptian section, but I later came to realise that Scala/E.M.M.E. had produced a separate CD-Rom concerning Egypt.

The minor programming flaw in the beginning Logo sequence can be overlooked, but the halting of the CD-Rom presentation when the TOMB icon is selected on the Burial Customs page in the Etruscan Religious Life section almost ruined my Mediterranean adventure. Having to restart the CD-Rom on a slow 386 PC was annoying.

This criticism relates to the 1995 English version of the Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean CD-Rom. It was also produced in French, Italian and German, but as I have not personally viewed those versions, I do not know if they too crash at the TOMB icon.
I have been unable to purchase further copies in Australia and have not been able to contact the producers, nor have I received any replies to my correspondence sent to the address on the CD-Rom packaging.”
…)
I came across a copy of the Ancients cd-rom in my local library. It had the same glitches as reported by Pegg.
When they wanted it back, I purchased my own copy from a local shopping complex. It too had the same glitches.
The 1995 version was withdrawn from sale, and in 2001 a slightly different version was offered for sale by the new owners.

Images on mid 1990's cd's didn't influence what was written long ago,  what was written long ago influenced the creation of those images.  With no pictures or paintings available, graphics artists had to use what was written to guide them in their creation of the cd images.

A similar comment was addressed in the second item of post# 32 (on page 3)

QUOTE (TheSearcher @ Jul 1 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And as to Oprah being visited by an Angel / time traveller..... nope, that's just too far fetched. OK she does good things, but hell she aint no saint either.

Nowhere in Ronald Pegg’s research nor in my investigations do either of us say or imply that Oprah was visited by an Angel / time traveller.

Note:
To clarify a previous post, the full version of "In the Book of Judges we are told that this messenger (angel of the Lord; 6:11)visits Oprah" reads on the WBD Media page as "In the Book of Judges we are told that this messenger (angel of the Lord; 6:11) visits Ophrah (ie. Oprah in English)".

Edited by Eddy_P, 01 July 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#59    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

So.....whoever went back in time, could speak the different ancient languages?  Because I don't think a lot of folks back then spoke 1995 English (or French).  They say that the French in Canada is actually the high French of over a hundred years ago, and because the Canadian French have been isolated from their homeland, the language has stayed pure, while Perisian French has totally changed.  So....whoever went back in time, could speak the different languages - or whoever was using the program back then could understand modern French?  

Gabriel could just be a code name.   How many 007's has there been?

So....if it was the same person, they were going back and forth on a fairly regular basis?  Does anyone remember this incident from a while back wherein supposedly someone from the future posted that they were looking for a piece for an old computer?  They supposedly got one and said that the future depends on them getting that piece.  I could be wrong, but I think it was within the last 2 or 3 years or so.

Mr. P, what induced you to research this subject and if you know, what induced Mr. Pegg's curiosity in this matter?  I mean, it's not something that comes to just everyone, is it?  I mean, I had never even heard of that CD before reading about it here in the forum, never mind have I ever had an inkling to take a CD and study it to see if it matches what the Bible says from 2000 years ago.  An odd thought, really.  Totally strange in fact.  Why that CD?  

Edited by Qoais, 01 July 2009 - 11:28 AM.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

#60    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Actually, it's not hard to figure out why a certain technology was used.  It was in fact because technology does advance so quickly.  Just supposing for fun, that this story is true.  They had to use that computer so they could run that disc because otherwise, the descriptions of what they saw, wouldn't fit.  Say for instance they took a cell phone instead.  How would the cell phone manage to create the same visual images as the monitor of a computer to the person who has been asked to write it down?  "The angel held a tiny black device with a void in the middle, and from this void, images appeared".  Whatever.  

So - why would only the image of a circle within a circle be recorded for history?  I always think that Ra should be depicted as a sunburst, not a circle within a circle.  Like, why didn't the viewer draw a picture of the computer?  Why just the disc?  

Maybe all the rock art in different areas really does depict time travellers and not "space" travellers. huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users