Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The first of this year's crop circles spotted

Still Waters

Just when you thought crop circles were a thing of the past, the first mysterious formation of 2009 has been spotted.

The intricate pattern measuring approximately 60 ft in diameter was spotted on Tuesday in a remote area near Avebury in Wiltshire.

It is made up of two segments of arcs of decreasing size between the concentric inner circles.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Eternal Light

• Space Commander Travis

• Still Waters

5 minutes down the road from me I will be going there Monday or Tuesday to take a look!

ME

5 minutes down the road from me I will be going there Monday or Tuesday to take a look!

ME

B) Maybe you can tell us if they're really there and not just a hoax? :)

Will do Im hoping to get shots of all formations this summer!

Will do Im hoping to get shots of all formations this summer!

Great thanks...... look forward to seeing your pics :tu:

Quite attractive. I expect that concentric ones are fairly easy to create, though, so I expect there's probably a terrestrial origin for this one.

ME

Hi John;

That sounds great man, Hope you get some good pics of it and post some on here for us, Also if you get the chance study the stalks to see if they have been broken over or fused down as so many are, Hope to see you post soon,

Regards;

TFF

So many crop circles occur in Wiltshire - you would have thought by now some farmer would have set up infra red recording equipment. (since many of these are purported to occur at night)

Oh my gosh! That looks almost like the XM Radio logo...kinda...

linked-image

• 1 month later...

All fake as far as I'm concered. When they can do snow circles, with no tracks leading to it,

then I'll believe it was something created by Aliens.

Its a hoax or an ad look there is a conference thing about Crop circles happening in Wiltshire.

link to site

All fake as far as I'm concered. When they can do snow circles, with no tracks leading to it,

Agreed, that too is when i'll start believing crop circles are real and not faked.

Man I'm getting tired of posting this link...

http://www.circlemakers.org/

Here's the people who made them.

I love how you post that as if it's the final word on the matter. Very confident, I like that.

Oh, they are really there Still Waters. :yes: At least, as far as any of us are here... :unsure2:

I love how you post that as if it's the final word on the matter. Very confident, I like that.

Thats because it is the final word on the matter.

This is the problem with believers, they claim that skeptics wouldn't see the truth if it hit them... but it's actually believers that think like that, hell the website is the proof, and it's right in front of them. But they refuse to accept it.

Crop Circles are crimes. Farmers loose hundreds of thousands of pounds because of it...

Man I'm getting tired of posting this link...

http://www.circlemakers.org/

Here's the people who made them.

No. They didn't make them. They might have made one or two piffling ones, to confuse people.

But they most certainly did NOT make any complicated ones.

The 'Circle-Makers' are probably a 'set-up' to mis-direct people and to provide a link for those

wishing to dismiss and de-bunk ALL the crop-formations. I have said before...many crop-formations

are hoaxes..but SOME are UNEXPLAINED.

Thats because it is the final word on the matter.

Get over yourself. SOME crop-circles are UNEXPLAINED.

No. They didn't make them. They might have made one or two piffling ones, to confuse people.

The 'Circle-Makers' are probably a 'set-up' to mis-direct people and to provide a link for those

wishing to dismiss and de-bunk ALL the crop-formations. I have said before...many crop-formations

So the videos and pictures they have of them MAKING THE COMPLICATED CIRCLES means nothing. Niiice. Why do you so desperately want to believe in such things? What about it drives you?

WRONG!

Every crop circle can be explained by being Man-Made. They are all man made. The sooner you realise this, the faster we can all move on with our lives...

The second and fourth look like entrance gates or corridors of some kind. These were truly awesome to look at.

I agree ! well that 99,99% are. and it's disrespectful to the land owner since what they destroy , along with the gawkers comes out of his pocket.

Get over yourself ........ they are man made. the ones that might be real ? the ones that occur before 1965 . just a circle in crops , grass , scrub , and that was rare.

for the most part ? they are BS. if you believe aliens did those like the picture and others similar ? your delusional.

WRONG!

Every crop circle can be explained by being Man-Made. They are all man made. The sooner you realise this, the faster we can all move on with our lives...

You are going to have to put your money where your mouth is, on making > good on that statement, or retract it! You will need to supply links and sources proving your stance. I for one certainly want to see the evidence that you so obviously have that every crop circle in the world is man made... You have come here and shouted Bee down with a one line sentence, and have nothing else to back your statement up.

Meanwhile perhaps you can open your mind a bit by reading a few extracts and links that I am supplying, before you make such sweeping statements in future, about topics that you apparently have not even researched.

What will be interesting to see in the upcoming 'expose' is whether any tests were carried out at the site by neutral parties, post-construction, which indicate any signs of authenticity. In the past this has met with aversion, even a retraction of statements by hoaxers (they have also been known to claim genuine formations as theirs, yet they have consistently failed to provide any evidence to back their claims). No hoaxed crop circle has ever produced the singlemost characteristic associated with the genuine phenomenon: plants whose stems are bent, not broken. Other anomalies include alteration in the crystalline structure of the plants themselves, also unfakable, and alterations of the local electromagnetic field There is the ability of the plants to grow after being laid, indicating they are alive and have not been trampled; possible alterations in soil chemical composition; distorted and more rapidly germinating seeds; and severe loss of groundwater, just to mention a few. Some hard evidence that has surfaced comes from an article in The Southland Times which described the episode. Apparently the team and the TV production crew employed the services of two 40-ton cranes just to lift the lighting, to enable them to be filmed at night- and most importantly, allowing the hoaxers to work in perfect lighting conditions. This action alone was reported to have attracted a crowd of fascinated onlookers and the local police; again, an action impossible to get away with in England, where 90% of the world's crop circles appear.

An alternative reason contains more sinister overtones: crop circles have never been reported in New Zealand, and there are no crop circles researchers in New Zealand, certainly no one capable of identifying any physical features pertaining to a genuine crop circle; it is a country conveniently located as far away as possible from all those capable of analyzing the situation, and sparsely populated (sheep outnumber the population 10-to-1. The farmer is so remotely located that it will take some time to find him. In short, New Zealand may have been the perfect location for anyone wishing to construct fake crop circles without hassle. Had they chosen Kansas, Alberta, or any place in Europe, there would simply have been too many people available on-hand to go on-camera and ask awkward questions, such as that all plants in man-made formations are crushed underfoot, nullifying the very first criteria of authenticity.

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/crophoax_debrief.html

WILL THERE BE ANY EVIDENCE?

That the formation made by Dickinson and Co. is an excellent, if imperfect, work of art is acknowledged (despite the crude representation of a Mandelbrot Set in the centre). Despite many poor hoaxes each year this one is by far the best man-made effort to date.

But as always the problem for hoaxers is that not one of their attempts has ever passed any tests of authenticity, some of which were standardized by 1989, long before man-made formations were in vogue. In fact, much of the hard, uncontaminated evidence was collected prior to that time when even the media were rarely aware that any kind of phenomenon was taking place. It has only been in response to a dramatic rise in the complexity of the phenomenon, followed by mass public appeal, that the authorities made concerted efforts to debunk the issue with well-orchestrated hoaxes. Fortunately, researchers have painstakingly discovered that the trail from each televised incident usually ends with the British government, and other authorities. In one cabinet meeting at Westminster, discussion even took place as to how thwephenomenon should be debunked and discouraged. This evidence was published or reported by and credited to George Wingfield, Armen Victorian, Jurgen Kroenig, and others. What will be interesting to see in the upcoming 'expose' is whether any tests were carried out at the site by neutral parties, post-construction, which indicate any signs of authenticity. In the past this has met with aversion, even a retraction of statements by hoaxers (they have also been known to claim genuine formations as theirs, yet they have consistently failed to provide any evidence to back their claims).

http://www.bltresearch.com/published.php http://science.howstuffworks.com/crop-circle.htm

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/education.html

http://www.swirlednews.com/article.asp?artID=293

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_14.htm

http://www.controversial-science.com/curre...-comparison.htm

http://www.theorderoftime.com/science/scie...ropcircles.html

For those who think that all Farmers are blighted by this phenomenon...

Many Farmers have made small fortunes charging enthusiasts from all over the world entry fees to see the latest additions to their corn fields; I know this for a fact. I have three neighboring Farmers whose properties adjoin mine, and I know several other Farmers in Wiltshire... not all of them are put out by these circles and the sightseers that they generate.

Think about it... if you were to trample all over your neighbors backyard in search of, say, fruit flies, without their express permission, isn't she/he likely to call the police, and sue you for trespass? Especially if you have brought your whole family along for the day, and a picnic hamper to boot. Farmer’s crop fields are no different from your backyards when it comes to private property. If hordes of people trespassed without his permission you can bet your life he's gonna bring in the troops.

There may be public rights of way around the edges of crop fields, and that’s only a general observation, (in general Farmers wouldn’t mind if one sticks to the edges of the field, and does not damage crops of shoot wildlife), but half the world can't just up and decide to trample all over them without some form of censorship and/or redress from the owner. One of my Farmer neighbors does guided tours, and charges; another doesn’t charge, doesn’t mind so long as one does not bring any pet dogs, and yet another flat out refuses to let anyone who does not ask for permission first, to put foot on his land, except for public footpaths and rights of way.

Oh no, not more disinformation. Where do they all find the time? And haven't they got other things to do, assuming they're government agents, like, i don't know, there must be something vaguely sinister they could be doing, surely.