Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The first of this year's crop circles spotted

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

Still Waters on Apr 18 2009, 02:30 PM, said:

cool.gif  Maybe you can tell us if they're really there and not just a hoax?  original.gif

Oh, they are really there Still Waters.   yes.gif  At least, as far as any of us are here...  unsure.gif

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#17    beale947

beale947

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Godsnmbr1 on Jun 8 2009, 09:19 AM, said:

I love how you post that as if it's the final word on the matter.  Very confident, I like that.

Thats because it is the final word on the matter.

This is the problem with believers, they claim that skeptics wouldn't see the truth if it hit them... but it's actually believers that think like that, hell the website is the proof, and it's right in front of them. But they refuse to accept it.

Crop Circles are crimes. Farmers loose hundreds of thousands of pounds because of it...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

#18    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

KRS-One on Jun 8 2009, 01:12 AM, said:

Man I'm getting tired of posting this link...

http://www.circlemakers.org/

Here's the people who made them.

No. They didn't make them. They might have made one or two piffling ones, to confuse people.
But they most certainly did NOT make any complicated ones.

The 'Circle-Makers' are probably a 'set-up' to mis-direct people and to provide a link for those
wishing to dismiss and de-bunk ALL the crop-formations. I have said before...many crop-formations
are hoaxes..but SOME are UNEXPLAINED.

beale947 on Jun 8 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

Thats because it is the final word on the matter.

Get over yourself. SOME crop-circles are UNEXPLAINED.

#19    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

bee on Jun 8 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

No. They didn't make them. They might have made one or two piffling ones, to confuse people.

The 'Circle-Makers' are probably a 'set-up' to mis-direct people and to provide a link for those
wishing to dismiss and de-bunk ALL the crop-formations. I have said before...many crop-formations

So the videos and pictures they have of them MAKING THE COMPLICATED CIRCLES means nothing.  Niiice.  Why do you so desperately want to believe in such things?  What about it drives you?

#20    beale947

beale947

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

bee on Jun 9 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

WRONG!

Every crop circle can be explained by being Man-Made. They are all man made. The sooner you realise this, the faster we can all move on with our lives...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

#21    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

The second and fourth look like entrance gates or corridors of some kind. These were truly awesome to look at.

#22    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

My fine feathered friends on Jun 6 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

All fake as far as I'm concered. When they can do snow circles, with no tracks leading to it,
then I'll believe it was something created by Aliens.

I agree ! well that 99,99% are.  and it's disrespectful to the land owner since what they destroy , along with the gawkers  comes out of his pocket.

#23    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

bee on Jun 8 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

Get over yourself ........ they are man made. the ones that might be real ?  the ones that occur before 1965 . just a circle in crops , grass , scrub , and that was rare.

for the most part ? they are BS. if you believe aliens did those like the picture and others similar ? your delusional.

#24    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

beale947 on Jun 9 2009, 01:38 AM, said:

WRONG!

Every crop circle can be explained by being Man-Made. They are all man made. The sooner you realise this, the faster we can all move on with our lives...

You are going to have to put your money where your mouth is, on making > good on that statement, or retract it! You will need to supply links and sources proving your stance. I for one certainly want to see the  evidence that you so obviously have that every crop circle in the world is man made... You have come here and shouted Bee down with a one line sentence, and have nothing else to back your statement up.

Meanwhile perhaps you can open your mind a bit by reading a few  extracts and links that I am supplying, before you make such sweeping statements in future, about topics that you apparently have not even researched.

What will be interesting to see in the upcoming 'expose' is  whether any tests were carried out at the site by neutral parties,  post-construction, which indicate any signs of authenticity. In the  past this has met with aversion, even a retraction of statements by  hoaxers (they have also been known to claim genuine formations as theirs, yet they have consistently failed to provide any evidence to back their claims). No hoaxed crop circle has ever produced the singlemost characteristic associated with the genuine phenomenon: plants whose stems are bent, not broken. Other anomalies include alteration in the crystalline structure of the plants themselves, also unfakable, and alterations of the local electromagnetic field There is the ability of the plants to grow after being laid, indicating they are alive and have not been trampled; possible alterations in soil chemical composition; distorted and more rapidly germinating seeds; and severe loss of groundwater, just to mention a few. Some hard evidence that has surfaced comes from an article in The Southland Times which described the episode. Apparently the team and the TV production crew employed the services of two 40-ton cranes just to lift the lighting, to enable them to be filmed at night- and most importantly, allowing the hoaxers to work in perfect lighting conditions. This action alone was reported to have attracted a crowd of fascinated onlookers and the local police; again, an action impossible to get away with in England, where 90% of the world's crop circles appear.

An alternative reason contains more sinister overtones: crop circles have never been reported in New Zealand, and there are no crop circles researchers in New Zealand, certainly no one capable of identifying any physical features pertaining to a genuine crop circle; it is a country conveniently located as far away as possible from all those capable of analyzing the situation, and sparsely populated (sheep outnumber the population 10-to-1. The farmer is so remotely located that it will take some time to find him. In short, New Zealand may have been the perfect location for anyone wishing to construct fake crop circles without hassle. Had they chosen Kansas, Alberta, or any place in Europe, there would simply have been too many people available on-hand to go on-camera and ask awkward questions, such as that all plants in man-made formations are crushed underfoot, nullifying the very first criteria of authenticity.

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/crophoax_debrief.html

WILL THERE BE ANY EVIDENCE?

That the formation made by Dickinson and Co. is an excellent, if imperfect, work of art is acknowledged (despite the crude representation of a Mandelbrot Set in the centre). Despite many poor hoaxes each year this one is by far the best man-made effort to date.

But as always the problem for hoaxers is that not one of their attempts has ever passed any tests of authenticity, some of which were standardized by 1989, long before man-made formations were in vogue. In fact, much of the hard, uncontaminated evidence was collected prior to that time when even the media were rarely aware that any kind of phenomenon was taking place. It has only been in response to a dramatic rise in the complexity of the phenomenon, followed by mass public appeal, that the authorities made concerted efforts to debunk the issue with well-orchestrated hoaxes. Fortunately, researchers have painstakingly discovered that the trail from each televised incident usually ends with the British government, and other authorities. In one cabinet meeting at Westminster, discussion even took place as to how thwephenomenon should be debunked and discouraged. This evidence was published or reported by and credited to George Wingfield, Armen Victorian, Jurgen Kroenig, and others. What will be interesting to see in the upcoming 'expose' is whether any tests were carried out at the site by neutral parties, post-construction, which indicate any signs of authenticity. In the past this has met with aversion, even a retraction of statements by hoaxers (they have also been known to claim genuine formations as theirs, yet they have consistently failed to provide any evidence to back their claims).

http://www.bltresearch.com/published.php http://science.howstuffworks.com/crop-circle.htm
http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/education.html
http://www.swirlednews.com/article.asp?artID=293
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_14.htm
http://www.controversial-science.com/curre...-comparison.htm
http://www.theorderoftime.com/science/scie...ropcircles.html

For those who think that all Farmers are blighted by this phenomenon...

Many Farmers have made small fortunes charging enthusiasts from all over the world entry fees to see the latest additions to their corn fields; I know this for a fact. I have three neighboring Farmers whose properties adjoin mine, and I know several other Farmers in Wiltshire... not all of them are put out by these circles and the sightseers that they generate.

Think about it... if you were to trample all over your neighbors backyard in search of, say, fruit flies, without their express permission, isn't she/he likely to call the police, and sue you for trespass? Especially if you have brought your whole family along for the day, and a picnic hamper to boot. Farmerís crop fields are no different from your backyards when it comes to private property. If hordes of people trespassed without his permission you can bet your life he's gonna bring in the troops.

There may be public rights of way around the edges of crop fields, and thatís only a general observation, (in general Farmers wouldnít mind if one sticks to the edges of the field, and does not damage crops of shoot wildlife), but half the world can't just up and decide to trample all over them without some form of censorship and/or redress from the owner. One of my Farmer neighbors does guided tours, and charges; another doesnít charge, doesnít mind so long as one does not bring any pet dogs, and yet another flat out refuses to let anyone who does not ask for permission first, to put foot on his land, except for public footpaths and rights of way.

#25    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,180 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

bee on Jun 9 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

Oh no, not more disinformation. Where do they all find the time? And haven't they got other things to do, assuming they're government agents, like, i don't know, there must be something vaguely sinister they could be doing, surely.

"It's nice" ~ Jurgen Klopp.

#26    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

Think about it... if you were to trample all over your neighbors backyard in search of, say, fruit flies, without their express permission, isn't she/he likely to call the police, and sue you for trespass? Especially if you have brought your whole family along for the day, and a picnic hamper to boot. Farmerís crop fields are no different from your backyards when it comes to private property. If hordes of people trespassed without his permission you can bet your life he's gonna bring in the troops.

There may be public rights of way around the edges of crop fields, and thatís only a general observation, (in general Farmers wouldnít mind if one sticks to the edges of the field, and does not damage crops of shoot wildlife), but half the world can't just up and decide to trample all over them without some form of censorship and/or redress from the owner. One of my Farmer neighbors does guided tours, and charges; another doesnít charge, doesnít mind so long as one does not bring any pet dogs, and yet another flat out refuses to let anyone who does not ask for permission first, to put foot on his land, except for public footpaths and rights of way.

think about this ... maybe the farmers now are getting into the action instead of losing out as they have done in the past and creating these crop circles ?

#27    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

Lt_Ripley on Jun 10 2009, 02:21 AM, said:

think about this ... maybe the farmers now are getting into the action instead of losing out as they have done in the past and creating these crop circles ?

I don't doubt that that could be true. With these circles appearing all over the world, and knowing humankind as we do, there are bound to be those that will exploit the phenomenon.

But here's the other thing... like anyone else, both in the business and domestic sense, Farmers, just like anyone else, are insured. Most of them don't lose out.

As I said in a previous post, Wiltshire is knee deep in Farmers, not to mention the adjoining counties of Dorset and Somerset... now, granted their Farmhouses are isolated, I am myself. To the west of my property the cows look over my fencing. I also am surrounded by fields, one of them my own. We can see for miles in many directions. Taking that into account, these crop circles, intricate or otherwise, are done overnight, in area's that have no lighting. Circle makers, human or otherwise would need a heck of a lot of people, and especially lighting to make the crop circles; yet, we see and hear nothing. I have three dogs; moreover, I don't know a Farmer that doesn't have dogs. You can be demmed sure that we would notice something during the daytime also.

You can't have people driving up in trucks and vans, (needed to transport the planks, lighting and string etc  rolleyes.gif) without being heard or seen. It simply can't be done in our neck of the woods. If you don't live out in the country you can have no notion of how sound travels at night, or at anytime.

Another thing that debunkers cry is there is always a path leading to a crop circle.  

And, their point is?  

I can think of many reason that a path would lead to these circles. Villagers, for starters, curious about the circle/s, the Farmer, or his hands for another, going to assess the situation. Police, UFO investigators, insurance assessors etc etc. Of course there are going to be tracks leading to them; why does the helicopter viewer have to be the first on the spot?

#28    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

great video debunking crop circles... too big or elaborate to be made by humans at night ?? not at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fBqKUZlhk

#29    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jun 10 2009, 03:46 PM, said:

great video debunking crop circles... too big or elaborate to be made by humans at night ?? not at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fBqKUZlhk

This is the worst example of 'evidence' I have ever seen in a debate for crop circles. No-one could possibly call this scientific evidence in it's approach.  For one thing, the 'u-tube video' (like they can't be faked!) is speeded up and could be spliced; we can't tell if this was done overnight, or over three... also, they had assistance with lighting etc. It does not fit my criteria at all as proof positive.  It's a very poor attempt at proving that they are man made.  Furthermore, wonder why they didn't show us the completed crop, in daylight?

This is another u-tube video you sent, to prove your point, that failed. This circle is not only extremely amateurish and untidy, but once again the end result is not shown overall. And, suspiciously, the light kept brightening and fading, to extremes omho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_opN9ghPKQ

In fact none of the links that you sent proved that all crop circles are man-made, and to my belief at least, none of the links have satisfied me that they are created overnight, in one session.

If people aren't going to look at the genuine links in threads, why bother to comment at all? It's not debate based on actual research and it's not open minded.

#30    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Eternal Light on Jun 10 2009, 11:21 AM, said:

This is the worst example of 'evidence' I have ever seen in a debate for crop circles. No-one could possibly call this scientific evidence in it's approach.  For one thing, the 'u-tube video' (like they can't be faked!) is speeded up and could be spliced; we can't tell if this was done overnight, or over three... also, they had assistance with lighting etc. It does not fit my criteria at all as proof positive.  It's a very poor attempt at proving that they are man made.  Furthermore, wonder why they didn't show us the completed crop, in daylight?

This is another u-tube video you sent, to prove your point, that failed. This circle is not only extremely amateurish and untidy, but once again the end result is not shown overall. And, suspiciously, the light kept brightening and fading, to extremes omho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_opN9ghPKQ

In fact none of the links that you sent proved that all crop circles are man-made, and to my belief at least, none of the links have satisfied me that they are created overnight, in one session.

If people aren't going to look at the genuine links in threads, why bother to comment at all? It's not debate based on actual research and it's not open minded.

come now....... it wasn't originally a youtube video ! It was made by The Learning Channel I believe ( or the History channel) . and uploaded. It proved that in 6 hours , 3 guys at night made that crop circle. an elaborate one at that. and there was only 3 of them. how much more could 6 do ?

time for logic and reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users