Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The first of this year's crop circles spotted

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,800 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

Eternal Light on Jun 10 2009, 04:21 PM, said:

This is the worst example of 'evidence' I have ever seen in a debate for crop circles. No-one could possibly call this scientific evidence in it's approach.  For one thing, the 'u-tube video' (like they can't be faked!) is speeded up and could be spliced; we can't tell if this was done overnight, or over three... also, they had assistance with lighting etc. It does not fit my criteria at all as proof positive.  It's a very poor attempt at proving that they are man made.  Furthermore, wonder why they didn't show us the completed crop, in daylight?

This is another u-tube video you sent, to prove your point, that failed. This circle is not only extremely amateurish and untidy, but once again the end result is not shown overall. And, suspiciously, the light kept brightening and fading, to extremes omho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_opN9ghPKQ

In fact none of the links that you sent proved that all crop circles are man-made, and to my belief at least, none of the links have satisfied me that they are created overnight, in one session.

If people aren't going to look at the genuine links in threads, why bother to comment at all? It's not debate based on actual research and it's not open minded.

I trust you apply the same rigorous criteria to any videos that might purport to prove that crop circles are not man made?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#32    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

747400 on Jun 10 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

I trust you apply the same rigorous criteria to any videos that might purport to prove that crop circles are not man made?

I research everything with an open mind. But here's the thing 747400, I never claimed that all crop circles were not man-made. People have come into the thread, and made one, or two line sentences that outright state that all crop circles are man-made, and even, that they have been proved to be all man-made.

Another thing... someone asked me today why there had never been circles found in grass... I gave them links to circles in grass.  But, I had already been asked that same question very recently, by the same person, in another thread on crop circles. I also gave links to grass circles in that one too.

If people are going to just toss out sweeping statements, and insist that they are based on fact, without doing any research, what is the point of those of us who do spend time and energy researching facts for threads?

And just for the record. I have never said that these crop circles are connected to UFO's. I am simply saying that few of them have been proved to be man-made, and that those that are, are generally poor replications of the real thing.

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#33    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

these are known man made crop circles. I wouldn't call them poor replicas.

How Crop Circles Work - How Do You Make a Crop Circle?
http://science.howstuffworks.com/crop-circle.htm/printable

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

#34    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

Lt_Ripley on Jun 10 2009, 11:56 PM, said:

these are known man made crop circles. I wouldn't call them poor replicas.

No!  These are NOT man-made crop circles. These are very famous circles known to all serious researchers, and even they do not know how they occurred!

Well, this is beautiful.  You have just helped to make my case for me. In this first link that you’ve posted, nowhere in that article does it say that the crop circles that you have posted here are made by human crop makers. (Except for the two that are clearly shown in the making, at the end of the article) Not once, regarding any of these circles, does it say that they are man-made.  What it does say is that they were ‘discovered’ in fields in Wiltshire! Moreover, they are all well known to researchers.

Here are the subtitles for those pictures that you posted:

#1 Crop circle discovered at Alton Barnes in England in June 2004
#2   This "optical labyrinth" formation, located near Savernake Forest in Wiltshire, consists of 180 separate standing and flattened elements and is approximately 200 feet (60 meters) across.
#3   Formation at Ogbourne St. George in Wiltshire
#4   A crop circle near Silbury Hill in Wiltshire, England, that resembles an Aztec Sun Stone
#5   A formation at West Kennett in Wiltshire that looks like a Celtic symbol called the Triskell
#6   Formation at Avebury Trusloe in Wiltshire

So, where does it tell us that any of these circles are man-made? Read the link by all means, let me know where it says that they are man-made, these well known crop circles!

The two man-made crop circles:

There are two circles that we can see being made, as shown in the link, right at the end; and these are the ones that are shown as being man-made. Both, we are told, were made in daylight, and the plans were drawn out and the patterns designed beforehand. I hardly see where this would negate my claims whatsoever.

In the first man-made crop circle, if you look to the centre right, bottom of the picture you will see a very bad mistake in the alignment.  It looks shoddy and amateurish. The centre right outer circle is marred also. In no way can it be compared to the 6 previous formations.

The second man-made crop circle was made, designed and produced by a consortium of artists and film producers, according to the write up.  And, according to the write up, was also made during daylight hours.  

Now, we all know what a film crew can do… have you seen the new Stonehenge that a film crew erected? Took ‘em several days to do that; doesn’t say how many days that it took this film crew to make the crop circle, but try doing that at night, without a consortium of artists, and film producers, cameramen, lights, props crew etc etc…

Link two we can discard quite easily because it is an exact replica of link one that you posted.

Now, let’s move on to image (1) that you posted. Please inform me where the evidence is to show that that crop circle is man-made. You have posted one single, famous I might add, crop circle; nothing more, just the picture.

And, image (2)?  The same…  No write-up, but, yet another very famous crop circle.

Image no (3) is the same. Just a picture is shown, and nothing more.

So, what are we suppose to deduce from these three images? That they are man-made? Just on your say so?  No, because all three are famous, and there has never been a suggestion that these three were man-made.

The fact is that you have set your mind to the belief that this phenomenon is a natural or man-made occurrence, without knowing very much about the subject whatsoever; nor have you researched it in any formal fashion. Which is fine in itself, but you do not have the knowledge sufficient to declare all crop circles to be man-made, based on the little information that you have.

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#35    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:14 AM

Colin Andrews, cereologist and author of the book, Circular Evidence, admits that about 80 percent of crop circles are probably man-made, but says that the other 20 percent are probably the work of some "higher force."

20 % is being generous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users