Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

Harte on Apr 21 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

Many Christians also believe that Elvis is alive, though the Maya have yet to comment on the subject.

Harte

He he he.
Nit-picker!
I think he is implying that the "rapture" as popularized by the media and what-not, is a concept originating with and embraced by Christians. Of course, Christianity is pretty varied, but the "rapture" is definitely in idea or concept that many Christians (or self-professed Christians) have expanded on over the last...what?...30 years or so?

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#32    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,327 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

eqgumby on Apr 21 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

He he he.
Nit-picker!
I think he is implying that the "rapture" as popularized by the media and what-not, is a concept originating with and embraced by Christians. Of course, Christianity is pretty varied, but the "rapture" is definitely in idea or concept that many Christians (or self-professed Christians) have expanded on over the last...what?...30 years or so?

I know what he means.  I also know what he said:

The Worlds Wolf on Apr 20 2009, 07:45 AM, said:

Is it me or is it that its not just christianity that predicted the 2012 events.

I'm saying that "Christianity" makes no such prediction.

Some idiots that happen to be Christian glommed onto the 2012 date after their first two attempts resulted, sadly - to them (one must assume,) in the notable absence of apocryphal cataclysm.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#33    dreamland

dreamland

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

I read that in 2012 earth population will be at 7 billion.(lucky and sacred number)
mayans 13 baktun...another sacred number.
My opinion is this...there will be no end of the world,,,but end and beginning of something.
After watching many youtube videos and online articles,i am sure something will happen,but
i dont think its end of the world, but a change.

#34    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

dreamland on Apr 21 2009, 08:39 PM, said:

I read that in 2012 earth population will be at 7 billion.(lucky and sacred number)
My opinion is this...there will be no end of the world,,,but end and beginning of something.
After watching many youtube videos and online articles,i am sure something will happen,but

Change will come
wow
Thats great
The only thing that will happen is the end of the 21st and the start of the 22nd

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#35    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

Pan on Apr 20 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

Are you saying that a “rapture prediction” is not a “Christian prediction”?

Can't say but take your pick of rapture predictions
  • 1792 - Shakers calculated this date.[citation needed]
  • 1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement.
  • 1977 - William M. Branham predicted that the Rapture would take place in 1977.[22]
  • 1981 - Chuck Smith undogmatically predicted that Jesus would likely return by 1981.[citation needed]
  • 1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
  • 1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
  • 1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[23]
  • 1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
  • 1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 27, 1994.[24]
  • 2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[25]
  • 2060 - Sir Isaac Newton undogmatically proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.

#36    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Harte on Apr 21 2009, 01:31 PM, said:

Many Christians also believe that Elvis is alive, though the Maya have yet to comment on the subject.

Harte

Elvis is alive.  He and Bigfoot are just taking some time to visit and feed Nessie before Tinkerbell hits them with pixie dust and they can go play pirates and Indians in never-never land.

#37    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Harte on Apr 21 2009, 02:09 PM, said:

I know what he means.  I also know what he said:

I'm saying that "Christianity" makes no such prediction.

Some idiots that happen to be Christian glommed onto the 2012 date after their first two attempts resulted, sadly - to them (one must assume,) in the notable absence of apocryphal cataclysm.

Harte

Ah, clarified then.
I agree, the 2012 thing is not a Christian thing, by any stretch. How would one come to that conclusion anyway?

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#38    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,248 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

dreamland on Apr 21 2009, 01:39 PM, said:

Watching youtube and reading online articles may be entertaining but dude, go to the library.  Visit a museum.  Go to a local school, take a class.

Don't let youtube and online articles be your only source.

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#39    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• "nature is the only key to history that tells the ideas of the past life." - SG Wolf

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

yes even i myself who does the looking up articles too agrees that its not all solid. not everyone on the internet is hard core scientist. i want to believe myself something may happen in 2012 *even though im agnostic and im suposed to be damned to hell  at least to everyone else whos a.. nvm i wont go that farXD*

if something happens in 2012 i hope its the idea of what the 2002 movie "Time Machine" had in mind but thats just movie ideas. it would be nice. a clean new world but not the end. im sure many think this if they think of the world instead of humanity. but thats just me anyway.

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012. or is this just a play or words. or just scientific facts with the mere idea it will happen in 2012?
oh btw the "Rapture" is a term people wanna believe that every good christian will be picked up off the earth and the rest of humanity to suffer here on earth to what ever hellish like thing they think of. ithink its like a reversal quicker version of The Revolations Great Turbulation ((sorry if grammer and spelling is wrong)).

Every question has an answer, every answer has a reason.

#40    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

The Worlds Wolf on Apr 21 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

yes even i myself who does the looking up articles too agrees that its not all solid. not everyone on the internet is hard core scientist. i want to believe myself something may happen in 2012 *even though im agnostic and im suposed to be damned to hell  at least to everyone else whos a.. nvm i wont go that farXD*

if something happens in 2012 i hope its the idea of what the 2002 movie "Time Machine" had in mind but thats just movie ideas. it would be nice. a clean new world but not the end. im sure many think this if they think of the world instead of humanity. but thats just me anyway.

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012. or is this just a play or words. or just scientific facts with the mere idea it will happen in 2012?
oh btw the "Rapture" is a term people wanna believe that every good christian will be picked up off the earth and the rest of humanity to suffer here on earth to what ever hellish like thing they think of. ithink its like a reversal quicker version of The Revolations Great Turbulation ((sorry if grammer and spelling is wrong)).

What science are you talking about that points to 2012 as anything more than just another year? I know of no reputable science that says 2012 has more signifivance than any other year. This whole 2012 idea in my opinion is just new age horse hooey shoveled out for someone to try and get famous or make a buck. Honestly all that is going to happen in 2012 is the same stuff that has been happening throughout human history. There will be natural disasters, war, famine, life, death, good times, bad times, tensions between nations, ect., just like this year, last year, and every year man has been alive on this planet.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#41    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,588 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

The Worlds Wolf on Apr 22 2009, 12:53 AM, said:

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012.

No science is pointing anything towards 2012.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#42    tomt

tomt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:36 AM

dreamland on Apr 21 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

Exactly ...

linked-image
linked-image
linked-image
linked-image
linked-image
linked-image

scientists observe .

fools argue .

which for you?

#43    tomt

tomt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

digitalartist on Apr 21 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

Elvis is alive.  He and Bigfoot are just taking some time to visit and feed Nessie before Tinkerbell hits them with pixie dust and they can go play pirates and Indians in never-never land.

i personally Know this to be unTrue.

As -

Elvis, and Jackie-o ride around this planet, in a 'flying saucer', giving away Pink Cadillacs, at KFC's.

But Only in the USA however ...

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

http://gizmomash.com/latest-news/business/...be-channel.html

Edited by tomt, 23 April 2009 - 02:57 AM.

scientists observe .

fools argue .

which for you?

#44    dreamland

dreamland

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

HerNibs on Apr 21 2009, 04:59 PM, said:

Watching youtube and reading online articles may be entertaining but dude, go to the library.  Visit a museum.  Go to a local school, take a class.

Don't let youtube and online articles be your only source.

HN

Your post really made me laugh....visit museum,taking class..lol !!  "dude"..name one museum in this whole
world that has anything to do with 2012..as far as local school or talking class...dude..you think there are no online
classes about 2012,that you can see on youtube? think again..i was watching many of them.Today everything is on
internet.Go to youtube and in search,type in 2012 conference...

#45    The Worlds Wolf

The Worlds Wolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• "nature is the only key to history that tells the ideas of the past life." - SG Wolf

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

there was a few documentaries on History channel about it. they didnt absolutely say it would happen. but would have a higher chance of it happening then. though of course if it didnt happen it would sure to come years after. as our atmosphere is weakening.

Every question has an answer, every answer has a reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users