Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3-Headed Frog Found...!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

Yes, the skin is quite literally glued together.  It is due to a secretion the frogs use during mating.  It's in the article.  Trying to pull the frogs apart would result in torn skin.  It's happened before.

Study of the Three-headed Frog

My apologies for the double-post; I couldn't figure out how to erase the first one.

Edited by aquatus1, 16 May 2004 - 10:14 PM.

#32    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

So is it as a result of a mutation?

From pollution? well I guess you answered that, its a mutation as a result of a natural process?

Edited by Chauncy, 16 May 2004 - 10:17 PM.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#33    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,143 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:31 AM

Click on the link to see more images [google] of frog 'amplexus'. It really isn't that complicated. More images [ask jeeves] of frogs mating. Here is a Yahoo search.

Here are pictures of the frogs in question from local6.com

*she continues to bang her head against the wall.. it still hurts! sad.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 17 May 2004 - 12:40 AM.

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#34    doomgirl

doomgirl

Government Agent

• 3,323 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:40 AM

I feel sorry for the female, stuck under all that, thank god Humans aren't like that  laugh.gif  I meant the sticky glue stuff  tongue.gif  dontgetit.gif but the again  wacko.gif  

Spaceflight News - UM's Sister Site - Join Us

It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'
Do I look like a freakin' people person?
All Things Wrestling Forum
Arts, Crafts N Gardens Forum

Computer Support Forum
Amby's Forum
Panda.org - WWF
Posted Image

#35    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:38 AM

OK, I know this topic has been talked to death about whether it was a three headed frog or an amphibious orgy, but I have to ask in the picture on the left, with "Frog B" as he has come to be known, where is his front right leg?

Attached Images

• trifrog2.jpg

Edited by thebarman, 17 May 2004 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#36    Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,143 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:28 AM

thebarman good catch. I had to go back and look. This picture shows it better I think. It looks like its leg is clasped underneath. Dot9M original.gif
user posted image

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#37    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Daughter of the Nine Moons @ May 17 2004, 11:28 AM)
thebarman good catch. I had to go back and look. This picture shows it better I think. It looks like its leg is clasped underneath. Dot9M original.gif
user posted image

OK for me that last post convinced me, in the picture on the left you can clearly see the unfortunate female on the bottom (Frog A) has a lighter skin tone than the two overly keen frogs on top.

Surely if they were indeed one sigular mutant frog it would have a continuous skin tone all over its body.

In a related topic however, in England orange frogs are not all that uncommon and I've seen a few in my parents garden, all due to some crazy mutation probably due to us messing around with the environment.

Orange frogs

Posted Image

#38    Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,143 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (thebarman @ May 17 2004, 06:46 AM)
Ok for me that last post convinced me, in the picture on the left you can clearly see the unfortunate female on the bottom (Frog A) has a lighter skin tone than the two overly keen frogs on top.

Why do you call her unfortunate?  laugh.gif

In a related topic however, in England orange frogs are not all that uncommon and I've seen a few in my parents garden, all due to some crazy mutation probably due to us messing around with the environment.

Orange frogs

They look almost like they are rusty.

#39    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Daughter of the Nine Moons @ May 17 2004, 11:54 AM)
Why do you call her unfortunate?  laugh.gif

Shame on you Dot9M, I never thought of you as that kind of girl!

I suppose it all depends if those are the good looking 'kiss me and I'll become a prince' type frogs, or the horrible fat warty kind.

I think from this angle it's impossible to tell, but she does look like she's smiling...

Posted Image

#40    Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,143 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (thebarman @ May 17 2004, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (Daughter of the Nine Moons @ May 17 2004, 11:54 AM)
Why do you call her unfortunate?  laugh.gif

Shame on you Dot9M, I never thought of you as that kind of girl!

I suppose it all depends if those are the good looking 'kiss me and I'll become a prince' type frogs, or the horrible fat warty kind.

I think from this angle it's impossible to tell, but she does look like she's smiling...

I am the eternal optimist- they are the good looking 'kiss me and I'll become a prince' type frogs...and yes I would say she is smiling tongue.gif  

#41    Apocalyptic Cryptid

Apocalyptic Cryptid

Psychic Spy

• 1,035 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:42 PM

Its just like there syameise triplets.....so like the eggs like didnt sepperate all the way just a little......k disgust.gif  

Peace

#42    Nikolaos

Nikolaos

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

• Ubersticks Ubersuck.
    o.O Oro.

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:21 PM

Maybe our lady of eternal knoledge hasn't stressed the point hard enough.  Time and time again has she proven this is no mutation; it's just a weird mating frenzy.  The only mutation that could occur from this would have to be a slight limp on the female's part.   wink2.gif

Edited by Nikolaos, 23 May 2004 - 09:22 PM.

Posted Image

#43    Apocalyptic Cryptid

Apocalyptic Cryptid

Psychic Spy

• 1,035 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:01 PM

po.gif  po.gif  po.gif Well i poot my say into it........so BLAH!!!

Peace

#44    Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,143 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Nikolaos @ May 23 2004, 05:21 PM)
Maybe our lady of eternal knoledge hasn't stressed the point hard enough.  Time and time again has she proven this is no mutation; it's just a weird mating frenzy.  The only mutation that could occur from this would have to be a slight limp on the female's part.   wink2.gif

LMAO laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Dot9M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users