Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

SCANIA Hit! Listen to the robot tell my tale!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    prairiechickin

prairiechickin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

Ya, great story, except I've never, ever heard a trucker in Canada or the U.S. call a truck, a 'lorry'.  A rig, a semi, a transport ya, but never a lorry.  If you're going to make up stories, at least get the local terminology down.

#17    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• "So if you're tired of the same old story, just turn some pages" REO Speedwagon of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

View Postprairiechickin, on 23 February 2010 - 09:48 AM, said:

Ya, great story, except I've never, ever heard a trucker in Canada or the U.S. call a truck, a 'lorry'.  A rig, a semi, a transport ya, but never a lorry.  If you're going to make up stories, at least get the local terminology down.

Well it just so happens pc that about the only place where I have had positive feedback has been the UK. In my old long gone accounting of SCANIA Hit! at T.A.P.S. web site in Providence, RI. I always wrote truck. You must have missed it there. :lol:

This story happened exactly like you read it at the top of page one. And I do want to thank you for the post up getting it to page two. :tu:

You gotta love a skeptic of the paranormal, eh? :wub:

:sleepy:

http://www.unexplain...pic=152891&st=0 SCANIA Hit! My "BIG BUMP"
in the night!

That true account is in Joshua P. Warren's book, "It Was A Dark and Creepy Night"

#18    prairiechickin

prairiechickin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

"Waxed logs", "cakes and milk", "lorries"?  I don't know where you're from, but its not Illinois, or anywhere else in the U.S..  These just are not American expressions -- believe me, over half of American truckers wouldn't know what a 'lorry' is, moreless use the term.

#19    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• "So if you're tired of the same old story, just turn some pages" REO Speedwagon of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

View Postprairiechickin, on 24 February 2010 - 11:21 AM, said:

"Waxed logs", "cakes and milk", "lorries"?  I don't know where you're from, but its not Illinois, or anywhere else in the U.S..  These just are not American expressions -- believe me, over half of American truckers wouldn't know what a 'lorry' is, moreless use the term.

Ah hah! You don't know American truckers very well. I am sure they would not use the term. Unless they had a paranormal story to tell in the UK. We could banter a guess many would have relatives in Scotland where Unexplained Mysteries originates. They would know and other relatives in European countries know it well. The term is from a famous brand of English truck no longer made called LORRY, but you knew that all along. That dependable truck served the Allies well in World War Two.

Most American veneer companies wax high priced, export quality, hardwood logs from Spring to Fall. The ends and areas where the bark is missing gets waxed. I used the term "waxed" loosely I suppose.

When they are yarded up prior to transport. It keeps the wood borer insects from making tiny holes to lay their eggs inside the wood. It also keeps the wood's water inside to prevent drying. Holes in wood veneer slices devalue the finished product. :no:

Milk and cakes then! :lol: Your close, Indiana. :D I write way too much after being up all night. Catch your struttin' later prairie chicken.

You just gotta love a skeptic of the paranormal. :wub:

in the night!

That true account is in Joshua P. Warren's book, "It Was A Dark and Creepy Night"

#20    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

I just want to know why you keep bumping this story - it's not paranormal, nor is it very interesting to begin with. You (may have) bumped into another truck, no damage. Less than exciting.

You have to love a believer who thinks every little thing is paranormal! :wub:

Edited by Moonie2012, 24 February 2010 - 03:10 PM.

#21    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 24 February 2010 - 03:09 PM, said:

I just want to know why you keep bumping this story - it's not paranormal, nor is it very interesting to begin with. You (may have) bumped into another truck, no damage. Less than exciting.

You have to love a believer who thinks every little thing is paranormal! :wub:

A Minnesotan, eh! B)  May have bumped? How about slammed for a Moonie skeptic! <_<  

Well let's gang up on old me. :sleepy:  I do take you read it & maybe heard the robot tell this so long ago and you have had your opinion too of something causing the possible not to happen. The world's largest mysteries web site has other guardian angel stories as well as mine.  ^_^

Mark Elvidge of Mysterial even had his robot tell it for well over a year. I hear the robot is going back to work telling all kinds of mysteries. I take it you are familiar with our stand-ins at the U.S. National Weather Service? It sounds just like 'em. Mark was a believer of the impossible like me and I have to go to the lorry. ;)

Mr.Moon, You must have been waiting too long for the loo... :lol: :w00t:  

Now we've found two who are skeptics of the paranormal! Just gotta luv 'em, eh? :wub:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd, 24 February 2010 - 07:30 PM.

in the night!

#22    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Tell your "robot" that this story isn't paranormal, and even if it drones on about it for 100 years it doesn't make it any more paranormal.

There was no "guardian angel" involved or needed (unless trucks have them). There was no threat of injury. There was no threat of death. If guardian angels exist I would imagine they have better things to do than prevent trucks from bumping into one another in a parking lot.

It doesn't even sound like you can actually prove you hit it - I would assume you pulled forward a little after you "hit the wall" to inspect the damage. Do you have proof that the "wall" you hit was the other truck, and not some random mechanical hiccup in your own truck?

You didn't find someone skeptical of the paranormal - you found someone skeptical of the reason behind bumping a boring fender-bender story over and over and claiming it magical.

Edited by Moonie2012, 24 February 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#23    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

View PostMoonie2012, on 24 February 2010 - 07:46 PM, said:

Tell your "robot" that this story isn't paranormal, and even if it drones on about it for 100 years it doesn't make it any more paranormal.

There was no "guardian angel" involved or needed (unless trucks have them). There was no threat of injury. There was no threat of death. If guardian angels exist I would imagine they have better things to do than prevent trucks from bumping into one another in a parking lot.

It doesn't even sound like you can actually prove you hit it - I would assume you pulled forward a little after you "hit the wall" to inspect the damage. Do you have proof that the "wall" you hit was the other truck, and not some random mechanical hiccup in your own truck?

You didn't find someone skeptical of the paranormal - you found someone skeptical of the reason behind bumping a boring fender-bender story over and over and claiming it magical.

Where do I start? Mark's robot told this for me on Mysterial's red radio. I had weird times trying to tell it on Coast to Coast AM. I could get in with other topics, but trying to tell this was a no go. I will defend this truth till my last day. Say what you want but I know the paranormal first hand. A hand so big placed in such a way as to prevent me from going on down into near-by Asheville close to rush hour. Again I back what so many of my UK friends have suggested. They have helped me with this for many years. Thank you all!

Good luck with your paranormal experiences to come and be more open minded to my reality that surely will be here for a long long time. It's paranormal to me. Thanks Mark!!

Far more here believe in Angel Guides than not. :tu:

It is a labor of love once more... :wub:

in the night!

#24    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

So in other words, you CAN'T prove you hit it - and now it supposedly had the purpose of keeping you out of town during rush hour? Reading a little deep into it and adding a ton of conjecture, don't you think?

And who cares what people in the UK have to say about it? They weren't there and had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, you haven't shown a single reason for thinking this was paranormal. You can believe what you want, but if you're going to make claims here, at least have the courtesy to back them up with some reasoning.

Edited by Moonie2012, 25 February 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#25    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

What's with you up there? Is it the constant cold? Living just below God's Country, which is Canada!

Are there any folks from the UK who have had many good experiences, some life altering/saving from their Guardian Angel watchers? My inquiring mind wants to know. Just stop in and say hello to ole MK, PDQ! We have a member from Minnesooda who does not know about them. Should we show him what is what? A skeptic is so funny most of the time. :P :yes:   Michael Shummer, editor of Skeptic Magazine, comes to mind now. :lol:

I am about to have a change of hearts... :blush:

The uninformed are so plentiful and what are we to do? :lol: :lol: :lol: Tisk! Tisk! :ph34r: Ho! Ho! Ha! Ha!

I really don't have a clue.... :no:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd, 25 February 2010 - 07:17 PM.

in the night!

#26    The Big Boss

The Big Boss

Apparition

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

• Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

Polybius

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

Did the lorry happen to have this on it?
Posted Image
If so, that would explain a lot.

Posted Image
A HAPPY MOMENT

#27    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

View PostMalaria_Kidd, on 25 February 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

What's with you up there? Is it the constant cold? Living just below God's Country, which is Canada!

Are there any folks from the UK who have had many good experiences, some life altering/saving from their Guardian Angel watchers? My inquiring mind wants to know. Just stop in and say hello to ole MK, PDQ! We have a member from Minnesooda who does not know about them. Should we show him what is what? A skeptic is so funny most of the time. :P :yes: Michael Shummer, editor of Skeptic Magazine, comes to mind now. :lol:

I am about to have a change of hearts... :blush:

The uninformed are so plentiful and what are we to do? :lol: :lol: :lol: Tisk! Tisk! :ph34r: Ho! Ho! Ha! Ha!
So no straight answers then, I take it? Just off-topic goofy crap about Minnesota and skeptics? How about things like facts? I REALLY want to understand how you KNOW this was paranormal. Overusing smilies and dropping pointless names does nothing for getting down to the story at hand.

View PostMalaria_Kidd, on 25 February 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

I really don't have a clue.... :no:
That's fairly obvious.

Edited by Moonie2012, 25 February 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#28    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

View PostThe Big Boss, on 25 February 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

Did the lorry happen to have this on it?
Posted Image
If so, that would explain a lot.

Nope and thanks for the post. I can't say it enough but my UK friends have tried their best at explaining this in the only way I understand it. Describing ones Guardian Angel in a simple picture or artist's rendition would be a total unknown. :innocent:

The Big Boss maybe you have one around you. What are your experiences? :mellow:

After hitting a washed out hidden sink hole in a weedy picked corn field. My farm tractor's long green hood went up towards the blue sky.

At 16 I was nearly thrown off a 1953 John Deere 60 pulling a 16 foot Keen Kutter disc. I wonder if I saved myself thru sheer luck? Or was it a helping hand that put the right side long clutch handle right in my face for me to grab onto? As the big angled tire treads were mere inches from my T shirt! :huh:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd, 26 February 2010 - 10:36 AM.

in the night!

#29    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

Enough of the petty bickering. Anymore will result in a formal warning.

#30    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

:tu:

in the night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users