Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 3 votes

McDonalds Creature

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Wikipedia:

Mutant laboratory meat

Around March, 2000, an Internet rumor spread via e-mail in Brazil claimed that McDonald's meat was actually made from a genetically modified animal maintained in a laboratory. The e-mail stated that "the few who saw it assure it is a very unpleasant sight: they have no limbs or horns, no bones (undeveloped cartilage instead), no eyes, no tail and no fur; its head is about the size of a Baseball; they are fed through tubes connected directly into their stomach".

The e-mail carries on saying that "some irreversible health damage can be done by eating this meat, resulting in diseases who manifest themselves in a way similar to AIDS, and have symptoms related to Alzheimer's Disease" and ends encouraging the reader to boycott McDonald's until it sells actual beef.

The discovery was credited to researchers from the University of Michigan, although there are no official claims from anyone who actually works there. And is yet to actually be proven.

Jesus, I was evil

#2    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

LOL for a min I thought this was a thread about people that ate McD's 24/7.  My bad.  This one is new to me.

#3    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Plainbob13 on May 7 2009, 02:41 PM, said:

LOL for a min I thought this was a thread about people that ate McD's 24/7.

laugh.gif

I have to say, I've never heard of the McD creature before...

#4    lordstanley

lordstanley

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

If this is true I think so many people are f'd! As for baseball size mutant creatures fed through tubes, omfg NOOOOOOOOOO! Crap this will bother me to no end. Would'nt it cost more to keep these little creatures alive than to buy actual beef from farms? Hummmmm, yeah lol. Damn McDonalds seriously. They are the Anti-Christ!

#5    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

Undeadskeptic on May 7 2009, 05:31 AM, said:

Wikipedia:

Mutant laboratory meat

Around March, 2000, an Internet rumor spread via e-mail in Brazil claimed that McDonald's meat was actually made from a genetically modified animal maintained in a laboratory. The e-mail stated that "the few who saw it assure it is a very unpleasant sight: they have no limbs or horns, no bones (undeveloped cartilage instead), no eyes, no tail and no fur; its head is about the size of a Baseball; they are fed through tubes connected directly into their stomach".

The e-mail carries on saying that "some irreversible health damage can be done by eating this meat, resulting in diseases who manifest themselves in a way similar to AIDS, and have symptoms related to Alzheimer's Disease" and ends encouraging the reader to boycott McDonald's until it sells actual beef.

The discovery was credited to researchers from the University of Michigan, although there are no official claims from anyone who actually works there. And is yet to actually be proven.

Wasn't this a Torchwood storyline?

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#6    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

She who carries a big sword

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

Its a vegitarian conspiracy to ruin meat eaters appitites!

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#7    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Courtesy of www.IMDB.com

Plot summary for
"Torchwood" Meat (2008)

Conflicts abound when a truck owned by Rhys's trucking company is investigated by Torchwood... and Rhys is there to see it. The meat it carries is tainted, or is it even meat at all? Rhys does a little investigating of his own, and might have something to contribute to the team this time around. But he's no longer sure who he can trust anymore. And can Gwen and the team trust him? Written by Quicksand

HA!  Knew it sounded familiar.  The "meat" is cut from a giant regenerating alien thingy.

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#8    SammehBlood :F

SammehBlood :F

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• I run with Vampires And Fangs :F

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Ahaha . Wow . I never knew that there was ever such a creature ? I dont think it is real. Cause it taste like cow. :| Poor Cows.

SammehBlood:F

#9    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Snopes have debunked a similar story about chicken at KFC but to be honest, I really doubt the meat story simply because it sounds far more expensive and time consuming than just using cows!

#10    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

HerNibs on May 7 2009, 05:38 PM, said:

HerNibs on May 7 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

Wasn't this a Torchwood storyline?

HN

Courtesy of www.IMDB.com

Plot summary for
"Torchwood" Meat (2008)

HA!  Knew it sounded familiar.  The "meat" is cut from a giant regenerating alien thingy.

HN

YES! LOL I was thinking that! I cried at that episode, I think...  crying.gif

And I think the cows are going to be offended. 'What's wrong with their meat?' they ask tearfully. Oh, wait, they don't get killed this way. Evens out a bit. grin2.gif

Doesn't sound very likely, though, in all seriousness.

Posted Image

#11    AdorablyDead

AdorablyDead

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

• A**hole is not an alternative lifestyle ~ something positive.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

I heard McDonald's was mostly just filler or plant like material mixed in with the beef so that they could cut production costs.

#12    Dreamworld

Dreamworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

If i didnt have common sense i might believe it cause the food at Mcdonalds tastes horrible. I go to Burger King for Chicken fries and Stackers.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

#13    InfraredCow

InfraredCow

Employee of the month

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• "Hypocrite: the man who murdered both his parents... pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan."

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

If it's true, they should use this "mystery-creature" as the mascot. Not to sell more food, but it would get more people coming in to ask about it. So if they don't answer... they're in business?

-Natalie

My plan is working!

Posted Image

-Natalie

#14    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

If people really knew and there is a group that has just went in to expose the consumer food industries dirty Big Secret kept from the Market consumers, if people knew the conditions of the Life Stock yard, the GM Corn they feed to the cattle for Consumer Beef consumption, and that a Bovine in a stock yard fed GM Corn will not live longer than Six months time because the unnatural Corn fed diet produces a Bovine Bacteria in the Bovine Stomach, so those Cows have to be slaughter within six months time, the Living condition of those cattle, are inhuman and that is an understatement by far, and the Chicken farms are no better, and the produce, Plucked and harvested way before they have matured upon vine and plants as Gassed and Dyed, and Waxed, still holding the Pesticides from the fileds. It is why I now grow my own organic Produce and purchase only organic fruits and vegetables from local Organic Farmers that we trust, and we purchase or He Eggs from local farms as well, I Purchased a Huge Smoker and grill, and cook free ranged Meats and poultries because you couldn’t catch me dead in a McDonalds or any other Fast food establishment.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot, 07 May 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#15    FTW

FTW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

I've heard similar stories about Kentucky Fried Chicken,living blobs of meat/chickens with 4 legs/featherless chickens/asexual chickens/genderless chickens etc etc etc
ohmy.gif

- Signature removed ( See rule 4 ) -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users