Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Local Pub & Happenings

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

It's a funny week when we've got big change coming and a new Chef arrives this weekend to take the reins, and the guy leaving has been bemused by things being moved about when he KNEW he left them in a certain place, which we've had a larf about  :)

I've not had any 'animal' activity for ages, but this morning I heard a dog barking clear as day in the guest bedroom (right next to my room). Of course, nothing there. Long time since we've had any animal things like that.  

I had a right 'jump our of my skin' moment earlier tonight when I hoofed through the flat and saw a 'human dark shadow' (I don't usually bother to switch lights on as I know the place like the back of my hand) and it gave me a HUGE sharp intake of breath.

My Mother, bless her, had hung one of my long dresses in the Office. PHEW!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by sarah snow, 04 May 2011 - 10:44 PM.

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#182    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:23 AM

I can't explain what just happened.

I know all the usual pub noises.

But I heard the fridge door slam. It's a very distinct sound. Massive big walk-in thingy.  

But 10 mins ago, it slammed, very distinctly! I was doing other stuff on the 'Puter,  with no sound (as flatmate is asleep) so no other noise about. I KNOW what I heard, and was worried it was burglars.

For the first time I knocked on my flatmate's door. I never disturb his sleep, as he's up early to do delivery driving. Told him what I heard, and I've got the BIG hammer!

I've not found anything, anyone, been all round the pub, car park, pub, beer garden.........nothing  :huh:  

Bless my flatmate, love him to bits, but he's such a wimp! I woke him and said "I think we may have burglars. I've got the cellar hammer.BUT, if I'm not back in 15 mins, it's gone bad, and call the Police".

I came back from the 'sweep' of checking round car park, beer garden  etc etc , and he's not even put his trousers on!!  :lol:  I'm not sure if that is faith in my kick-ass abilities, or indifference as he has to be up and can't be arsed  :lol:

I was worried about thieves. But I will be sleeping with me cellar hammer tonight, just in case! Also got soggy feet, from walking round in the rain in slippers  :wacko:

Can't explain it! That walk-in fridge door makes a VERY distinct sound. I've got the hammer to hand, just in case!

Gotta see the funny side though! I was trawling round the outside of the pub and would have given a thieving scrote a big time knock on the head, if it had been burglar/s. I love my flatmate to bits, but when the chips are down, he's rubbish at home security  :rolleyes:

Edited by sarah snow, 13 June 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#183    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

:hmm: My third eye is wanting to do overtime right now! Big noise next to me. Only me here.

I want to speak out and ask "Who's here?"

But this is not one of my usual latecomers. My hackles are up. I hope whatever/whoever it is will go away soon.

#184    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

View Postsarah snow, on 13 June 2011 - 02:44 AM, said:

:hmm: My third eye is wanting to do overtime right now! Big noise next to me. Only me here.

I want to speak out and ask "Who's here?"

But this is not one of my usual latecomers. My hackles are up. I hope whatever/whoever it is will go away soon.

That sounds a bit shiversome; hope you're doing alright and didn't need your hammer!

#185    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Do you ever find unexplained water puddles?

Posted Image

#186    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:57 AM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 13 June 2011 - 07:06 AM, said:

That sounds a bit shiversome; hope you're doing alright and didn't need your hammer!

SW, just found out this evening from a local that the guy in the 80s I worked with here in the bar for over a year, passed away recently  :(

Locals didn't know, and expressed surprise the news had not filtered back here sooner.  

He got sacked here unfairly from here IMHO, but I had gone abroad at the time and didn't know the ins and outs of it. When I got Jam Jar Bar, he started to come back with family, but by then he and his Missus were elderly and relied on rellies driving them down. He celebrated his last birthday here.

I'm not sure if it's connected. I didn't even know he'd died until today  :(  :(

#187    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:04 AM

Suspect it was Dave, paying me a visit. Stupid, really. Just knew there was something there new, and not sure what/who it was. Makes sense after the news tonight  :yes:

Edited by sarah snow, 16 June 2011 - 02:14 AM.

#188    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

View PostCloudshill, on 15 June 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Do you ever find unexplained water puddles?

:) Nope  :)

I've got several bikers from a Wales Harley Biker Club, kipping all over the floor of the Jam Jar Bar floor as I type. My 2 lovely pals have come down for a trip away and brought their mates too.

My Mum is such a silly sweetie. She said to them "The pub is haunted- but they are all good spirits, so don't be scared"

:lol: :lol:  

Biker Chap 1: "Well, if they have a problem, I'll buy them a drink and hope it will all be cool"

Biker Chap 2: "And if they do have a problem..........well, actually, why should they?"

#189    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

I've got a new Chef (here for a month now) and I think in a way I've become so used to things, that every bump and thing that happens is so 'every day' I don't notice it any more  :) They're just like extra housemates xx

He lives in, and apparently he's heard all sorts of stuff, while I've been in the land of nod  ^_^

He says he's not scared, but have noticed, if he's ever downstairs on his own when I've gone up, he never goes up to bed and switched all the lights off behind him. The place is wired up daft, really. You have to cross behind the bar in darkness. Never bothered me, but always a light here and there if he's about after me, bless 'im  :lol:

Edited by sarah snow, 11 November 2011 - 04:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users