Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PROOF?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1    The Proposer

The Proposer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:52 AM

I have read much by so called scientists etc exclaiming proof of certain things,but my question is "can something be actually proven beyond all doubt?"

if so, can you give an example?

#2    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:11 AM

How about...

The proposer keeps making new threads, essentially continuing the exact same arguement he started in another thread, in which he is being ritually slaughtered

Unless I miss my guess, didn't Makigman just tell you not to do this? huh.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#3    The Proposer

The Proposer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

this is different and covers a wider range

#4    The Proposer

The Proposer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Apr 26 2004, 11:11 AM)
How about...

The proposer keeps making new threads, essentially continuing the exact same arguement he started in another thread, in which he is being ritually slaughtered

Unless I miss my guess, didn't Makigman just tell you not to do this? huh.gif

i dont see why i should explain my actions but here goes,i dont keep making new threads,ive made a couple,the point is we are human beings on a DISCUSSION FORUM,the fact we are human beings means we come up with new ideas for threads as we go along,this thread was posted when i came to the realisation that posters were just saying this and that is proof but i think ive found a basic flaw in their assumption as i believe their is actual 100% proof of nothing,so this would be an important thread in that respect,as we could come to understand what actual proof is or entails,and to nip in the bud people proclaiming proof when it could be based on blind belief for example.

#5    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:37 PM

this is getting tiresome

#6    The Proposer

The Proposer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (bathory @ Apr 26 2004, 01:37 PM)
this is getting tiresome

goodnight, Mr Properargument

#7    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:42 PM

Proposer,

There will be no further warnings. Start another thread addressing the very same subject no matter how ridicuously inept you are at justifying its existance, and your continued participation in this forum will become highly unlikely. Is that clear enough for you?

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users