Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Ghost Hunters Hoax - Real or Not?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16    Purple Pisces

Purple Pisces

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Not every episode of Ghost Hunters brings up evidence! I've seen quite a few episodes where there was nothing to be found. I remember one episode where this man thought his house was haunted and TAPS was able to debunk it. The man had a lot of chemicals used in restoration projects, as well as high EMF readings that were causing the unsettling feelings. So not only did TAPS debunk the haunting, but also showed this man that there were things in his home that were causing him possible harm.

I just don't understand how it can be said that the show (or network) fakes evidence to make the show interesting when there have been plenty of shows with no evidence.

#17    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I predicted that there would come a time that the TAPS disciples would have no alternative but to denounce their dubious demigods, but the loyal, bewildered core fans are still holding out (for now)  whistling2.gif

Edited by cool_details, 12 June 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#18    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

cool_details on Jun 12 2009, 02:52 PM, said:

I predicted that there would come a time that the TAPS disciples would have no alternative but to denounce their dubious demigods,  but but the loyal, bewildered core fans are still holding out (for now)  whistling2.gif

I think I've already stated plenty of times I don't watch them anymore. *Shrug* Not because I don't like them, but because after three seasons it's awful repetitive. Again, ghost hunting is boring crap. It's kind of like crab fishing. First episode, HOLY CRAP that's awesome. Second, cool. Third, why am I still watching? But I've also said that TAPS is not the same thing as Ghost Hunters. You can dislike Ghost Hunters all you want, but you cannot dislike TAPS until you've met them face to face and understand what the team does.

#19    lisavclarson

lisavclarson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

• "Exxageration is truth that has lost its temper"- Khalil Gibran

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Sorry for being a bit vague here folks..help me out with the details if you can...
I saw one episode of Ghost Hunters in which Jason had to leave for an emergency, I believe.  I think TAPS was at a haunted hotel because they spent the night.  Anyway..Grant set up a camera in his room while he slept and was positioned to film the foot of his bed.  Sometime during the night the cover were mysteriously pulled up.  (The story was that there was a ghost that exposed people's feet while they slept or something).
The point of all this is...I have read posts on here about Grant's hoax on the Halloween show and I didn't really want to believe it %100- but when I saw the rerun of this older episode at the hotel...I was shocked to notice that the cover that was supposedly pulled back on Grant's bed was done in such a similar way as the jacket tugging incident.  It totally looked like  Grant had attached a string to the inside of the blanket and tugged it upward.
The reason I say this is because most people- if they were going to pull back a blanket would simply fold it over-  (TADA!) feet are exposed.  This tugging was done by an invisible hand that grabs the blanket from about mid-shin area and pinches the blanket, tugging it upward.   I'm sorry I don't have the video to show.  I'll see if I can go on YouTube and find it somehow.  Or if someone else finds it before me...that would be great.

#20    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 12 2009, 06:58 PM, said:

I think I've already stated plenty of times I don't watch them anymore. *Shrug* Not because I don't like them, but because after three seasons it's awful repetitive. Again, ghost hunting is boring crap. It's kind of like crab fishing. First episode, HOLY CRAP that's awesome. Second, cool. Third, why am I still watching? But I've also said that TAPS is not the same thing as Ghost Hunters. You can dislike Ghost Hunters all you want, but you cannot dislike TAPS until you've met them face to face and understand what the team does.

Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you, and since I consider both TAPS and GH a joke and an insult to someone like me and other like minded in the community, perhaps yet another reiteration of you GH vs TAPS stance is superfluous  yes.gif

Edited by cool_details, 12 June 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#21    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

cool_details on Jun 12 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you, and since I consider both TAPS and GH a joke and an insult to someone like me and other like minded in the community, perhaps yet another reiteration of you GH vs TAPS stance is superfluous  yes.gif

Doesn't matter who you quoted or who the post was directed at, it's a discussion forum, so I can reply. thumbsup.gif

But it is impolite and immature to form an opinion of some person based on a TV show they do. You have to separate television from reality, and if you're incapable of doing that then you can expect people to lose respect for you due to that inability.

#22    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 12 2009, 09:05 PM, said:

Doesn't matter who you quoted or who the post was directed at, it's a discussion forum, so I can reply. thumbsup.gif

But it is impolite and immature to form an opinion of some person based on a TV show they do. You have to separate television from reality, and if you're incapable of doing that then you can expect people to lose respect for you due to that inability.

I do not believe it was ever implied that you not respond dear  rolleyes.gif My opinion is as I stated and seems to be more than just me moving in the direction of "out with the old fakes" (GH/TAPs) and as far as respect goes seems you might want to rethink your own statement. original.gif

#23    Staceyinfo

Staceyinfo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

First of all, welcome to Unexplained Taps, I mean Mysteries! It was while doing a search on the words "Jacket Tug" that I accidentally stumbled onto this place many moons ago and here I be! I believe if you go to the search box up on the top and do a search for "Jacket Tug" you will be gob smacked when you find out how many times the subject has been brought up here already! Same thing if you go to Utube!

So keep up the skeptical thinking. This DOES NOT mean everything is fraudulent. It just means it gives the real things a bad name. Also please check out my husband's radio show www.strangefrequencies.com. His show is every Sunday night. He and his partner (I forget his partner's name - some bum he picked off the street) have AMAZING guests every weekend such as Loyd Aeurbach  and also sceptics  and so many more I cannot even think  straight right now! So again, welcome!!!

Edited by Staceyinfo, 12 June 2009 - 08:54 PM.

Stace
Timetravel?
http:tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Timeslips

#24    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

cool_details on Jun 12 2009, 04:46 PM, said:

I do not believe it was ever implied that you not respond dear  rolleyes.gif My opinion is as I stated and seems to be more than just me moving in the direction of "out with the old fakes" (GH/TAPs) and as far as respect goes seems you might want to rethink your own statement. original.gif

"Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you" is quite the implication.

#25    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Staceyinfo on Jun 12 2009, 08:49 PM, said:

First of all, welcome to Unexplained Taps, I mean Mysteries! It was while doing a search on the words "Jacket Tug" that I accidentally stumbled onto this place many moons ago and here I be! I believe if you go to the search box up on the top and do a search for "Jacket Tug" you will be gob smacked when you find out how many times the subject has been brought up here already! Same thing if you go to Utube!

So keep up the skeptical thinking. This DOES NOT mean everything is fraudulent. It just means it gives the real things a bad name. Also please check out my husband's radio show www.strangefrequencies.com. His show is every Sunday night. He and his partner (I forget his partner's name - some bum he picked off the street) have AMAZING guests every weekend such as Loyd Aeurbach  and also sceptics  and so many more I cannot even think  straight right now! So again, welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome Stacyinfo, I do know Jason/Rob and the show quite well, I enjoy listening very much! he does a fine job ma'am:)

#26    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 12 2009, 08:57 PM, said:

"Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you" is quite the implication.

It seems to me it was directed to me since you included my quote in your post dear you were speaking to me   wink2.gif

Edited by cool_details, 12 June 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#27    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

cool_details on Jun 12 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

It seems to me it was since you included my quote in your post dear you were speaking to me   wink2.gif

...I was?

You're not making any sense.

#28    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

post 21..dear

#29    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

cool_details on Jun 12 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

post 21..dear

Allow me to illustrate the process of a discussion forum.

1. You post.
2. I reply.

You posted, I replied, as I well can do.

When you say, "Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you," that does imply that you expect me not to reply to something that isn't addressed to me.

End.

#30    cool_details

cool_details

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 12 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

Allow me to illustrate the process of a discussion forum.

1. You post.
2. I reply.

You posted, I replied, as I well can do.

When you say, "Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you," that does imply that you expect me not to reply to something that isn't addressed to me.

End.

Never said it did , did I dear? but thank you for the rundown procedure you so tactfully illustrate here, that was well...very nice of you  rolleyes.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users