Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Egyptians in the Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#76    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

Leonardo on Jun 14 2009, 03:42 PM, said:

Are you denying the Amazonian peoples had no advanced chemistry but obtained the hit from the naturally occurring alkaloids in E. coca from the simple act of chewing the leaves?

Do I need to produce evidence that these Amazonian peoples really did chew the leaves?

You have no evidence of advanced Egyptian chemistry sufficient to isolate and clone nicotine, tobacco leaves, or cocaine from Belladonna or any other plant in Egypt.

Edited by Total Science, 14 June 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#77    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

You have no evidence of advanced Egyptian chemistry sufficient to isolate and clone nicotine, tobacco leaves, or cocaine from Belladonna or any other plant in Egypt.

You have no evidence of them obtaining coca and isolating cocaine from it which requires advanced chemistry. Some what hypocritical of you isn't it since you think they did that, and your idea is far less believable as the plant is not found there.

Edited by Mattshark, 14 June 2009 - 08:21 PM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#78    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Mattshark on Jun 14 2009, 04:21 PM, said:

You have no evidence of them obtaining coca and isolating cocaine from it which requires advanced chemistry.

Exactly.  That's my point.  Glad you agree.

Some what hypocritical of you isn't it since you think they did that, and your idea is far less believable as the plant is not found there.

I agree that tobacco and cocaine are not native to Egypt and therefore came to Egypt from the New World.

Edited by Total Science, 14 June 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#79    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

Exactly.  That's my point.  Glad you agree.

I agree that tobacco and cocaine are not native to Egypt and therefore came to the Egypt from the New World.

Crap logic, cocaine requires advanced commentary, so YOU have the same problem AND you require a journey in which there is neither the technology nor any evidence for.

YNWA

#80    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 03:13 PM, said:

You have no evidence of that.

What about how Plutarch himself tells us in the very first page of Alexander -
linked-image

http://books.google.com/books?id=el9EAAAAI...s_brr=1#PPA1,M1

"It is so hard to find out the truth of anything by looking at the record of the past.  The process of time obscures the truth of former times, and even contemporaneous writers disguise and twist the truth out of malice or flattery." - Plutarch from The life of Pericles

#81    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Mattshark on Jun 14 2009, 04:29 PM, said:

Crap logic, cocaine requires advanced commentary, so YOU have the same problem AND you require a journey in which there is neither the technology nor any evidence for.

Why don't you believe in the evidence?

Do you believe in drug tests?

Do you believe in radioimmunoassay and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry?

Do you believe in science?

Edited by Total Science, 14 June 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#82    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,319 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

Please tell us what you can determine exactly with the above.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#83    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

Calm down.  You're posting some pretty out there stuff and people are asking you questions.  Answering with "Do you believe in science?" as an accusation isn't helping anything, it only makes you look argumentative.

#84    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

questionmark on Jun 14 2009, 04:40 PM, said:

Please tell us what you can determine exactly with the above.

Governments determine whether or not human beings have used drugs or not based upon science.  They put people in jail for it so I find it strange that people deny science and history because their religious beliefs tell them the Egyptians didn't know about Antarctica and the New World, even though they say they did, the maps show that they did, and the forensic archaeological evidence proves they did beyond any possible reasonable doubt.

Edited by Total Science, 14 June 2009 - 08:47 PM.

#85    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

Governments determine whether or not human beings have used drugs or not based upon science.  They put people in jail for it so I find it strange that people deny science and history because their religious beliefs tell them the Egyptians didn't know about Antarctica and the New World, even though they say they did.

Hey, quit the drugs and answer the question if you want to keep posting around here:

So once again:

What can you determine exactly with mass spectroscopy and gas chromatography?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#86    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,346 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 09:13 PM, said:

Nonsense.  He is also known from the poems of Solon, Dropides, Critias, and also the writings of Plutarch, Cuvier, others, etc.

Really?

The poems of Solon

Solon of Athens

The only source of Solon visiting a Sonchis of Sais in Neith is by Plato in Timaeus, all other mentions of this supposed meeting are sourced from Plato.

Dropides? Do you mean the Dropides mentioned in Timaeus? You do realise that Timaeus and Critias are allegorical works, don't you, and that they are not historically accurate? Regardless, the Dropides in Timaeus may have been based on a real-life person, but this person left no poetry.

There was a Dropides ( Alexander's ambassador to Darius III), but I know virtually nothing of this personage. Please source any poems you have of this Dropides character.

As for Critias, do you mean Plato's uncle Critias? Or are you again referring to a literary figure from Timaeus as if they were an actual historical figure? Critias (Plato's uncle) left no poetry with any mention of a Sonchis of Sais, so please post your source for making this claim.

As for those others who post-date Plato, all their source for this pseudo-historical figure of Sonchis of Sais is Plato's Dialogues. This is not evidence that Sonchis existed, but only evidence they read Plato's works and believed (as you obviously do) it was factual, rather than allegorical.

Thus contradicting your previous statement.  Why do you think history is mythological?

I don't consider history mythological, but I do consider mythology as mythological. You continually build strawmen to argue people with, but you have no argument of your own.

You have no evidence of that.[/

See above.

I'm getting tired of your constant demands and accusations without contributing anything, Two Socks. I will neither respond to you, nor address you in any future posts until you decide to actually make a positive contribution to a UM discussion, rather than just comment negatively and post cut-and-pastes.

Edited by Leonardo, 14 June 2009 - 08:52 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#87    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

Governments determine whether or not human beings have used drugs or not based upon science.  They put people in jail for it so I find it strange that people deny science and history because their religious beliefs tell them the Egyptians didn't know about Antarctica and the New World, even though they say they did, the maps show that they did, and the forensic archaeological evidence proves they did beyond any possible reasonable doubt.

Nope science says drugs are toxic and damaging.
There is no evidence for ancient Egyptians in Antarctica or the America's. There are no maps that say so, there is no forensic evidence that says so. There is no genetic evidence in the America's or in North Africa.

You can't confuse religion and belief with history. But you constantly are.

YNWA

#88    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Leonardo on Jun 14 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

The only source of Solon visiting a Sonchis of Sais in Neith is by Plato in Timaeus, all other mentions of this supposed meeting are sourced from Plato.

That is not true.

We learn the name of Sonchis of Sais from Plutarch not Plato, so your claim is historically false like most of your other mythological claims.

You do realise that Timaeus and Critias are allegorical works, don't you, and that they are not historically accurate?

So you don't believe in Solon or the city of Sais?

If Plato is not historically accurate, then what Greek, historical, or scientific author do you consider to be historically accurate?

As for those others who post-date Plato, all their source for this pseudo-historical figure of Sonchis of Sais is Plato's Dialogues.

You've obviously never read the Timaeus as Sonchis is not mentioned by name there.  Sonchis is only mentioned by name in Plutarch.  Know your history.

This is not evidence that Sonchis existed, but only evidence they read Plato's works and believed (as you obviously do) it was factual, rather than allegorical.

Why don't you beleive in history?

I don't consider history mythological

When does mythology stop and history begin for you?  2012?

Edited by Total Science, 14 June 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#89    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Total Science on Jun 14 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

That is not true.

We learn the name of Sonchis of Sais from Plutarch not Plato, so your claim is historically false like most of your other mythological claims.

So you don't believe in Solon or the city of Sais?

If plato is not historicall accurate, then what Greek, historical, or scientific author is historically accurate?

You've obviously never read the Timaeus as Sonchis is not mentioned by name there.  Sonchis is only mentioned by in Plutarch.  KNow your history.

Why don't you beleive in history?

When does mythology start and history begin for you?  2010?

I am still waiting for your answer

about me

#90    Total Science

Total Science

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

questionmark on Jun 14 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

I am still waiting for your answer

That's because you ignored it the first time: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2932520

Mattshark on Jun 14 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

Nope science says drugs are toxic and damaging.
There is no evidence for ancient Egyptians in Antarctica or the America's. There are no maps that say so, there is no forensic evidence that says so. There is no genetic evidence in the America's or in North Africa.

You can't confuse religion and belief with history. But you constantly are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users