Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Thunderbird photo

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#526    Matt121

Matt121

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

the photo doesn't exist I've read a lot about it before people keep saying they saw the picture somewhere when they younger, in newspapers and such but yet no one can seem to turn it up? the photo isn't real and the most likely explanation is people have heard about this picture so much and what it is said to contain they have vague recollections of seeing it

#527    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostSiaarn, on 04 March 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

But they're all fake.
Well I think it was an intended fake for the original (which would be a hoax photo)

#528    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostPhoenix1k, on 04 March 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Dose any one have a book or something that has the original, if so just scan it in to the computer. I'm interested in seeing it.
This thing is so rare that litterally noone on the internet anywhere, or any second hand book store they've visited has a book with it in it. People have looked through every book that they thought they saw it in to no luck. It sucks, badly.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#529    Murder 101

Murder 101

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• You want to know something? Just ask.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

It  has to be out there somewhere. I saw the thing on television.It's not just gonna disappear  completely.

Posted Image

#530    bulldogzrep

bulldogzrep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostMurder 101, on 09 March 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

It  has to be out there somewhere. I saw the thing on television.It's not just gonna disappear  completely.

What was the name of the tv show? Did it show "the" thunderbird photo, like the one in your avatar?

It aint about how hard ya hit, but how much you can take and keep moving forward...

#531    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I ThinkI Saw The Photo Ages Ago On Youtube On One Of Those "Weird Creatures" Videos .. I Can't Find It Anymore Tho, As Loads Have Been Deleted ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#532    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostMurder 101, on 09 March 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

Is this the canadian tv show you are talking about?

#533    Murder 101

Murder 101

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• You want to know something? Just ask.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

View Postbulldogzrep, on 09 March 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

What was the name of the tv show? Did it show "the" thunderbird photo, like the one in your avatar?
I don't remember the name. It was on Discovery and it showed the "real" version of my avatar. I even remember the way they panned over the photo.

Posted Image

#534    Chaldera

Chaldera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgements"

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Could this be the photo?
Posted Image

#535    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostChaldera, on 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Could this be the photo?
Posted Image

I know the thread is long, but this picture has been posted half a dozen times with the exact same question above it :lol:

Anyway, It's not.

The one we're all chasing after is in Murder101s DP in drawing form.

#536    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yep guys, unless you have dug this picture up from some old archives on the net, google images has probably been scanned over countless times. This is most likely not in any online public domains. Chances are, if you do find it, it will be in a book.

#537    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 20 March 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yep guys, unless you have dug this picture up from some old archives on the net, google images has probably been scanned over countless times. This is most likely not in any online public domains. Chances are, if you do find it, it will be in a book.

I still swear I saw it in one of my Grandfathers old books or perhaps his Nexus magazines... I've looked through around 40 of the 100 or so I have of his, but no luck yet.

There's a few old Readers Digests floating around as well, I got a 1985 copy of 'Mysteries of the Unexplained' which I hoped I had seen the picture in, yet after reading it nothing.

There are a few others out there I haven't had the chance to look through, the 1981 Strange Stories, Amazing Facts for one.

One day we will find it lads!

Edited by Wandering, 20 March 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#538    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostWandering, on 20 March 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

I still swear I saw it in one of my Grandfathers old books or perhaps his Nexus magazines... I've looked through around 40 of the 100 or so I have of his, but no luck yet.

There's a few old Readers Digests floating around as well, I got a 1985 copy of 'Mysteries of the Unexplained' which I hoped I had seen the picture in, yet after reading it nothing.

There are a few others out there I haven't had the chance to look through, the 1981 Strange Stories, Amazing Facts for one.

One day we will find it lads!
The nexus magazines? Never heard of them but this is the first time I believed I've seen them mentioned here. Apparently the readers digests have been scoured through. I have also heard that 'Mysteries of the Unexplained' book name thrown about a few times.

Keep looking! I for one have never seen the picture but so many people are adamant they have, what a find it will be if it exists.

#539    Mryumyum

Mryumyum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

http://www.abovetops...89264/pg1Cached

#540    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostMryumyum, on 21 March 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

A great first post Mryumyum, looks like alot of legwork has been done already.

Interesting to hear Mark Chorvinsky did alot of research for an article and didn't find anything.

At least ATS seems to have the decade down pat, I believe I saw it in the late 80s or early 90s, I would have been younger than 10.

Is the 80s when most people remember seeing it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users