Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

True Blood on HBO

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

I have been reading the Sookie Stackhouse book series for years now, and literally just found out that the new show on HBO True Blood is based off the books. I have really never been into vampires and werewolf books, but a friend got me hooked on this series.

Has anyone else read any of these books? If so, have you seen the HBO series True Blood?

I was thinking about buying the boxed set, I donít have HBO, but would like to watch to see if itís any good. I love the books, and I'm hoping that the show has stayed true to the books.

Anyone who is familiar with these books, and has seen the show, do you think itís worth buying the box set to watch or should I just save my money? Also do you know when the next season will start again? If I do get the box set and like it I might get HBO while the series is on.

I am kind of worried that putting a face to the characters, based off the T.V show may ruin reading the books for me.  I have already built an image in my head over the years of reading and Iím afraid I might be disappointed in the show.

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#2    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,103 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

Can Anna Paquin be any hotter? I submit that she cannot.

#3    GreytMuse

GreytMuse

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Loved the books, and I really enjoyed the first season of the series. original.gif  

I am not an Anna Paquin fan, but she's doing okay as Sookie.  The rest of the cast is very well done, though!  They've followed the books pretty faithfully, and I'm excited for season 2 to begin on June 14th!  I googled "true blood episodes" and got a few hits to sites that have the episodes for free download.  You might want to watch one online and see if it piques your interest before spending any money!

Good luck and let me know what you think!

Posted Image

#4    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

GreytMuse on May 28 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

Loved the books, and I really enjoyed the first season of the series. original.gif  

I am not an Anna Paquin fan, but she's doing okay as Sookie.  The rest of the cast is very well done, though!  They've followed the books pretty faithfully, and I'm excited for season 2 to begin on June 14th!  I googled "true blood episodes" and got a few hits to sites that have the episodes for free download.  You might want to watch one online and see if it piques your interest before spending any money!

Good luck and let me know what you think!

Thanks, I took a look and it looks great! Im not a huge Anna Paquin fan, I was a little annoyed by her in the X men movies. But it looked pretty good! I think Im going to go get the box set.

I cant wait for the next book to come out!

#5    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Neognosis on May 28 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

Can Anna Paquin be any hotter? I submit that she cannot.

LOL, I must say I love her as a blond! She I didnít even realize that was her until I read your post. I had to go back and look again. She is a cutie. Not what I pictured Sookie to look like, but Iím sure I'll get use to it.

#6    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

I actually like the tv series better than the books.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#7    gabolai

gabolai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:29 AM

I like the show despite myself, it is dirty sexy and the laguage-sheesh I am not old enought to hear it! But I like the story and will probably wacht next season unless I find the book and can keep up with the story minus the dirty parts... are the books very raunchy like the show?

#8    GreytMuse

GreytMuse

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

Yes.  The books have alot of sex, so be warned! original.gif  Also, the gore-factor is pretty high, which puts some people off.

Posted Image

#9    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

there any site or place u can watch the whole first season? just when i was gonna start watching that. my mom took the cable off grr

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#10    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

GreytMuse on May 30 2009, 03:09 PM, said:

Yes.  The books have alot of sex, so be warned! original.gif  Also, the gore-factor is pretty high, which puts some people off.

You know, I didnít really think there were that many sex scenes in the books. But maybe thatís because Iíve been reading the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Now Those books have so much sex in it, it gets boring after awhile. Have you ever read those books? Itís very similar to the Sookie Stackhouse books but a million times dirtier.

There is talk about making a movie or T.V show about theses books too.

#11    the14u2cee

the14u2cee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• I Believe....

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

Love this show, my wife made me watch it one night and i can't get enough...... the characters are the best...   thumbsup.gif

#12    GreytMuse

GreytMuse

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Sho_Sho on Jun 1 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

You know, I didn’t really think there were that many sex scenes in the books. But maybe that’s because I’ve been reading the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Now Those books have so much sex in it, it gets boring after awhile. Have you ever read those books? It’s very similar to the Sookie Stackhouse books but a million times dirtier.

There is talk about making a movie or T.V show about theses books too.

Seriously, the amount of sex in the Anita Blake books gets ho-hum after a while! You're absolutely right! laugh.gif I do enjoy the premise of the books, though -- still among my favorites!  

Have you read Kim Harrison's novels?  Vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, fae and more!!  After most of humanity dies, the others all "come out" to mankind.  Main character is Rachel Morgan, and they are called The Hollows series.  Very funny, very well-written.

Posted Image

#13    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

The Skeptic Eric Raven on May 28 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

I actually like the tv series better than the books.

I agree with Eric here Sho Sho.

If you have HBO you may be able to search up the series thru HBO.

I watched the whole thing that way and I really loved the show original.gif

I would assume there is a way to watch it online too. Let me go do a search really quickly to see if I can come up with a linky poo.

Posted Image

#14    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

There are a ton of links to watch full episodes.

PM me if you have issues and I will help original.gif

Edited by She-ra, 02 June 2009 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

#15    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

She-ra on Jun 2 2009, 01:33 PM, said:

There are a ton of links to watch full episodes.

PM me if you have issues and I will help original.gif

Cool Thanks, I went on the HBO site and saw a lot of clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users