Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

True Blood on HBO

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

****CAUTION SPOILER ALERT****

Did any of you catch the 1st episode of the 2nd season last night? If so what did you think?

I was happy to see that Lafayette wasnít the one who was found dead. It was pretty good, and the last scene between Sookie and Bill was hot, well except the blood part. Yuck!

Edited by Sho_Sho, 15 June 2009 - 05:36 PM.

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#32    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

Sho_Sho on Jun 15 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

Did any of you catch the 1st episode of the 2nd season last night? If so what did you think?

I was happy to see that Lafayette wasnít the one who was found dead. It was pretty good, and the last scene between Sookie and Bill was hot, well except the blood part. Yuck!

Lot's of good things.  I hope they make Sookie a little less whiny. Seemed like she was on the verge of tears for the entire episode.

Had the same over-the-top qualities that I enjoyed in the last season.

#33    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

Siara on Jun 15 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

Lot's of good things.  I hope they make Sookie a little less whiny. Seemed like she was on the verge of tears for the entire episode.

Had the same over-the-top qualities that I enjoyed in the last season.

I agree, Sookie did seem a little whiny. I thought she got a little too pissy about Bill not telling her about Jessica. It wasnít that huge of a deal, he HAD to do it because he saved her life, snd all she wanted to do is be sassy about it.

#34    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,710 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

Siara on Jun 10 2009, 04:28 PM, said:

Hopefully Lafayette will "turn".

looks as if  he wants to according to scenes from next week...i am   glad he is still on the show...the ending this week was  was nasty eeks...

#35    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Jun 15 2009, 10:48 PM, said:

looks as if  he wants to according to scenes from next week...i am   glad he is still on the show...the ending this week was  was nasty eeks...

I know I am soooo excited about that, I hope thats what they do. He's gonna make a great Vampire! He is so sassy, I love it! I hope he puts on some purple eye shadow before he turns so he can continue to look like his fabulous self ! LOL

I didnít recognize him until he talked, when they 1st shown him in the basement chained up, he looked so different. I wonder if heís strait in real life?
He has turned into my favorite character I think!

#36    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

So those of you who are watching, what do you think of the new season so far? I am addicted!

#37    rezna

rezna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. And that's a place to start. That's where the hope is.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

**spoilers if you haven't seen the show before**

I am totally addicted to this show.  

I used to play Vampire: The Masquerade, a White Wolf live action role playing game.  This vampire universe reminds me SO much of that game, with the seneschals, the sheriffs, the progeny, almost everything is the same.  It was a very political game, and I love the vampire politics in this show.  It reminds me so much of the Camarilla and Sabbat, almost like the two have been combined.  I wonder if there's a group of rogue vampires, similar to the Sabbat?  I haven't read the books, so I wouldn't know.  

So far the second season is great!  They are really doing a wonderful job with the pace of the show.  It's very interesting what's happening to Jason.  Those Newlins are blowing my mind.  And I can't wait to find out more about this woman tormenting Sam.  Is she a demon?  She sure seems like one.  I just love the universe, with all the different supernatural powers going around, all the different species of supernaturals.  It's almost exactly like the White Wolf universe.  I wonder if they ripped off the idea from the Stackhouse books.

I won't say anything about this last episode because I'm not sure if you saw it yet.  WOW was it good!  Lots of unanswered questions now.

Posted Image

#38    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Michelle seems to be some sort of horned demon/god. Here is a short desciption:

The Horned God is associated with woods, wild animals, and hunting. He is often also associated with sexuality or male virility. As a symbol of sexuality, the Horned God represents one of the most elemental forces in Nature, and is therefore complementary to female fertility deities known collectively as the Great Mother.

Another name for the Horned God is The Hunter. He is a symbol not only of the giving of life, but the taking of life too, in what is seen as a great and eternal cycle of birth, death, and rebirth.

source

I also see the demon (Michelle's) effect on the normal people with regards to the seven deadly sins:  "Lust", "Gluttony", "Greed", "Sloth", "Wrath", "Envy", and "Pride".

Has anyone else noticed that? Think of the part y when their eyes all turn black? What do they do? Some are sexual, some are pigging out on the food, some are punching others and so forth...

Posted Image

#39    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

She-ra on Jul 14 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

source

I also see the demon (Michelle's) effect on the normal people with regards to the seven deadly sins:  "Lust", "Gluttony", "Greed", "Sloth", "Wrath", "Envy", and "Pride".

I think that Michelle is based on a Charlene Harris character that was described as a "maenad" (at least, that's what many True Blood addicts called her during the break between season 1 and season 2)..  These were female beings that worshiped Dionysius, the god of wine.  The character in the TV series is way more developed than the maenad.  Also maenads didn't transform into that horned creature with the claws.

As is always the case with TV shows I like, I wish that each True Blood season was twice as long and got way more psychological.

#40    Godsnmbr1

Godsnmbr1

The Bee's Knees

• 2,317 posts

• There's someone in my head
    but it's not me

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

When Lafayette jumped into the background, doing his dance...  Ahhh man, I just about lost it.   Him and Eric should just get their own show.

Remember, we are all just acting out a grand old game here, where we agree to forget who we really are, that in the remembering, that we may find each other again, and know that we are One. That All of Life, is One.

#41    GreytMuse

GreytMuse

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Godsnmbr1 on Jul 14 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

When Lafayette jumped into the background, doing his dance...  Ahhh man, I just about lost it.   Him and Eric should just get their own show.

Outstanding characters and the casting is superb, imo!  Love, love, love Lafayette!!

Posted Image

#42    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Siara on Jul 14 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

I think that Michelle is based on a Charlene Harris character that was described as a "maenad" (at least, that's what many True Blood addicts called her during the break between season 1 and season 2)..  These were female beings that worshiped Dionysius, the god of wine.  The character in the TV series is way more developed than the maenad.  Also maenads didn't transform into that horned creature with the claws.

As is always the case with TV shows I like, I wish that each True Blood season was twice as long and got way more psychological.

Oh cool- Thanks for that thumbsup.gif

Oh I loooooooooooooooooove Lafayette umm was he humping the furniture?

Posted Image

#43    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Godsnmbr1 on Jul 14 2009, 10:05 PM, said:

When Jessica was practicing her glamouring on the Limo driver and she made him yell ďBecky is a stuck up **** who let Jake finger her in a church" I was rolling.

Iím wondering if the FOTS are going to capture Sookie next week and then Jason is going to be made to try and kill her and the vampire? In the Book the vampire kills himself by meeting the sun. I am betting they are going to tie in Jason and Sookie together somehow making Jason chose between the church or his sister.

But then again who knows, this show is so unpredictable and thatís what I love about it!

#44    briNtx

briNtx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

Sho_Sho on May 28 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

I have been reading the Sookie Stackhouse book series for years now, and literally just found out that the new show on HBO True Blood is based off the books. I have really never been into vampires and werewolf books, but a friend got me hooked on this series.

Has anyone else read any of these books? If so, have you seen the HBO series True Blood?

I was thinking about buying the boxed set, I donít have HBO, but would like to watch to see if itís any good. I love the books, and I'm hoping that the show has stayed true to the books.

Anyone who is familiar with these books, and has seen the show, do you think itís worth buying the box set to watch or should I just save my money? Also do you know when the next season will start again? If I do get the box set and like it I might get HBO while the series is on.

I am kind of worried that putting a face to the characters, based off the T.V show may ruin reading the books for me.  I have already built an image in my head over the years of reading and Iím afraid I might be disappointed in the show.
I have read the books also and believe me buy the series alan ball did a bang up job on it !! The series is sooo funny and awesome at the same time following the books but adding his flair also !! Its a must buy !!! A True Blood fan til the end!!!

#45    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

View PostShe-ra, on Jul 14 2009, 05:11 PM, said:

source

Has anyone else noticed that? Think of the part y when their eyes all turn black? What do they do? Some are sexual, some are pigging out on the food, some are punching others and so forth...
WAS I RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????????

I recorded last nights show- gonna watch it again... Poor Jason :(

I am utterly addicted :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users