I was reading this forum for a while as a guest, and this topic made me want to join the discussion. I've been having astral projections since early childhood, so I'll be glad to help in any way I can. First of all, let me assure you: it's real. Second thing: it's very easy, if you're doing it right. The first time is the hardest one, because there are many things you're not sure about and usually beginners make mistakes that make it impossible for them to astral project. Here's a couple thoughts that might be helpful for you. If you want any more help, I'm here for you.
Numb is not enough. OOBE occurs during sleep paralysis, which is a state of sleep as far as the body is concerned. You need to fall asleep without loosing your consciousness. The state of sleep paralysis cannot be mistaken with anything else - once you experience it, you will know this is it. It's a state in which you cannot move your body, even though you try. Once you reach this state, that's when you should try to leave your body using any of the techniques you read about on the internet. NOT BEFORE!
Not, the question is: how do you read the state of sleep paralysis while you're still conscious? The answer is: it's nearly impossible to do that at night, when you go to sleep. It requires an insane control over your mind to be able to make a transition from being fully awake into the conscious sleep paralysis. If that's what you're doing, you're probably wasting your time. However, there are several "tricks" that you can use to make it quite easy. Here's one of them that I find incredibly effective:
- Go to sleep at your usual hour. Let's say 11pm
- Set an alarm that will wake you up in 4 hours, meaning: 3am.
- Once woken up, get up - do not stay in bed (this is important).
- Stay up for one hour. Do something that will keep your mind busy. Reading a book or browsing the internet (forums) works best.
- After one hour of being awake, come back to bed and lie down in the position that is not your usual (for most people: on their back).
- Try to fall asleep as you normally would.
It's really easy, guys. You just need to do it right.
Hope this helps!