Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

John titor - opinions as for June 2009

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi, i dont know if this is the good place for this post, just couldnt fit it anywhere else. If you need to move it to another forum please feel free and again, sorry for the error.

Well, ive been lately reading about this guy's story and ive gone through all the emails he wrote just to be sure i have an opinion on it based in all the things he wrote. I know this may have been discussed over and over again but id like some of your actual opinions, based on the time from when this was written to this date June 2009 and how believable his story/ideas are to you.

As for myself, at first i thought it was just bull from someone wanting to make mess up everyones head, but after some reading on his comments i must admit im open to think it might be true. Of course, there is no way to prove it and ive always been a huge terminator fan and have read some interesting scientific articles about the subject. My higher concerns are on the multiple-world theory and as a scientist way of thinking i do think i just cannot say NO to such theory which has been theorised alot in the last 50 years.

Although some of his "prophecies" about mad cow desease and world war's are not as important nowadays as he said, again the multiple-world theory can always assume our timeline is not exactly his, so trying to demonstrate his fake by this is a long-never-ending discussion.

Most of what he says back in 2000-2001 (not the details but the general background idea) is something im feeling its happening in the world nowadays, such as overpopulation, nuclear war expectations and the upcoming events on the arabic world.

Right now i cant say yes or no that easily so i would like some of your opinions in order to get a clear picture in case im missing some information about the case.

So, opinions??

This is a deep thought.... subsoil.

#2    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

John Titor stuff is always fun to read, but I don't think any of his 'prophecies' have born fruit.

People have been concerned with over population, events in the arabic world for centuries....Nuclear war for only a few decades...but it's all the same.

It's an interesting mental exercise to think about multiple time lines, but it's also a very convenient way to never have to have any proof whatsoever....

#3    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

Pop us up a link to his "prophesies"?

thanks

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#4    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

ups sorry

http://www.johntitor.com/

here you can find month by month his conversations.

#5    Voyager10

Voyager10

Bass City Roller

• 2,374 posts

• "The light in the window
    Is a crack in the sky
    A stairway to darkness
    In the blink of an eye"
    -Ozzy Osbourne

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm not a believer in the John Titor story, but it is a cool story even if it is a hoax. It would make a good movie.

Posted Image

http://beam.to/dreamjournal
No matter how I try I find my
way into the same old jam

-Led Zeppelin

#6    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

Have any of Titor's predictions (though since he is/was a time traveller I suppose we should call them memories? original.gif) ever come true?

#7    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

OldTimeRadio on Jun 6 2009, 01:40 AM, said:

Have any of Titor's predictions (though since he is/was a time traveller I suppose we should call them memories? original.gif) ever come true?

Well having said that there would be civil war in 2004 in the US I think he can be dismissed.
John Titor Predictions

I see no reason why anyone would believe him.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#8    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Since Titor attempted to validate his credentials as a time traveler from 2036 by revealing that there would be massive civil unrest in the United States in 2004, no Olympics in either 2004 or 2008, and that a Second Civil War would erupt in 2008, we've have to be idiots to believe anything he claims will transpire in 2011 or 2015.

Edited by OldTimeRadio, 06 June 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#9    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:25 AM

Well I read a few articles, somehow this one just makes me feel slightly better.

Three physicists have reexamined the math surrounding the creation of microscopic black Colliderholes in the Switzerland-based LHC, the world's largest particle collider, and determined that they won't simply evaporate in a millisecond as had previously been predicted.

Rather, Roberto Casadio of the University of Bologna in Italy and Sergio Fabi and Benjamin Harms of the University of Alabama say mini black holes could exist for much longer — perhaps even more than a second, a relative eternity in particle colliders, where most objects decay much faster.

Under such long-lived conditions, it becomes a race between how fast a black hole can decay — and how fast it can gobble up matter to grow bigger and prevent itself from decaying.

Casadio, Fabi and Harms think the black hole would lose out, and pass through the Earth or out of the atmosphere before it got to be a problem.

It's nice to worry about something else for a change. thumbsup.gif

Source: JohnTitor.com

Sorry that was kinda off topic, as for prophecies about the world ending and nuclear wars, there is only one way to avoid them, disable/ destroy all the nukes.

Edited by Blueguardian, 07 June 2009 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#10    Ins0mniac

Ins0mniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:50 AM

You can't immediately write him off because his predictions on the future didn't come true in our particular time line.

The "many worlds theory" (which John Titor hinted at as part of the theory of time travel) suggests that the universe is constantly splitting when more than one outcome can eventuate. So in some universes everything he said happened, could well have happened.

I have to add, a lot of credible scientists are starting to buy into the possibility of the many worlds theory in quantum science. Look up the many world's theory of quantum science. Go ahead and use credible scientific journals if you want. It may still be a young theory but it's not just pseudo-science.

Edited by Ins0mniac, 07 June 2009 - 06:54 AM.

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams

#11    Dimly

Dimly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

Voyager10 on Jun 5 2009, 07:26 PM, said:

I'm not a believer in the John Titor story, but it is a cool story even if it is a hoax. It would make a good movie.

Indeed... it's a hoax but a great one.  Titor had a lot of perfectly reasonable explanations for why his story was unprovable and unverifiable.  Good stuff, very entertaining.

But certainly not real.

#12    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,113 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

he reminds of that lady who said aliens were coming in October last year

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#13    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Well, thx for the comments guys, i think the debate here should not be if titor is real or not but what mostly has me thinking is if the multiple universe timeline thing can in fact be somethng to discover in the future. Ive also read some docs about the string theory and although it just demonstrates through numbers in could be real, there is no way to test it. What  intrigues me here is seen so many scientists looking into it.

I dont really know if its pseudo-science or not, but i like how he so quickly says the grandfather paradox to be not correct. Maybe the guy just read too much about this n-dimensions theory and got paranoid, but at least i couldnt find any mayor bug in his reasoning or nothing really incoherent (its said that way??).

#14    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

oh, and btw i think he is not real.

#15    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

Ins0mniac on Jun 7 2009, 07:50 AM, said:

You can't immediately write him off because his predictions on the future didn't come true in our particular time line.

The "many worlds theory" (which John Titor hinted at as part of the theory of time travel) suggests that the universe is constantly splitting when more than one outcome can eventuate. So in some universes everything he said happened, could well have happened.

I have to add, a lot of credible scientists are starting to buy into the possibility of the many worlds theory in quantum science. Look up the many world's theory of quantum science. Go ahead and use credible scientific journals if you want. It may still be a young theory but it's not just pseudo-science.

Actually you can completely write it off. That is simply a weak excuse to believe some one posting nonsense for attention or a joke a on the internet nearly 10 years ago.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users