Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Backwards Earth?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

Backwards Earth Time theory

A strange theory I have heard a lot recently is that Earth exists within a time zone that goes forward for half it's life, then reverts to it's original state. I'm unsure as to what the science is behind this, but Earth is supposedly an amalgamation of all life forms and elements that exist in sync as a whole organsim. This is the Gaia theory, the theory that Earth is alive.

According to an offshoot of this theory, the Earth, just like any living creature will slowly break down over time. Imagine an old lady, getting wrinklier and wrinklier, until she's as defensless and incapable as her baby-self. So the Earth will do this too, slowly disconnecting it's ecological links with the species. Intelligent life was the latest to develop, so will disintergrate fastest. Single Celled organsims develop0ed in the primordial ooze before all else and will disappear last.

As Earth returns to it's child state it's links with the species will diminish, forcing them to adapt accordingly. This (Somehow) means that Dinosaurs will emerge again.

I have a friend who is simply obsessed with this idea. She can stick on the subject for hours if you had nothing better to do. She says that the animals and lifeforms we find on earth are basically sex organs, and that Earth is asexual. When life is in space that will be like a seed being sowed, and life will sprout elswhere in the universe. Due to the relatively early era of space travel that we are in currently, she estimates that humans causing life on other planets is a good few centuries away, so the backwards aging of Earth will not occur for a while yet.

However I have also heard a lesser theory, supported, it seems, only be the most negative pessimists, that we developed Space travel too late and that Earth is already dying. The back-growing will occur in 2012 according to them.

Personally I find this all to be BS.

Earth is a rock, floating through space. It's not some old guy sitting on a rocking chair, slowly losing his eyesight.

Jesus, I was evil

#2    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,721 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

I'm familiar with the Gaia theory, however I have never heard about this degeneration aspect of it.  Frankly, I cannot imagine how it would happen, why it would happen, or how it would be predicted even if it did happen.  I call BS.

#3    MySummerJob

MySummerJob

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

WTF!? This is a stupid theory and seems like someone was using the "peace pipe" for too long =/

Seriously, earth reverting to a stage before??? The amount of things I am thinking and feeling I can not express here in this post >_<

Posted Image

#4    Thereisnoevil

Thereisnoevil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• "All who have life, fear the reaper"

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:25 AM

Well that's one hell of an idea...

but hey, If this is possible to imagine then it is possible...

I hope this degeneration of earth  would start some other time not while I'm still a kid

#5    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I have to admit, I've often wondered If the earth is essentially like a cell, with the life and death cycle of plants and animals keeping it alive in some way and also looking at the fact that over the years humans have spread around the earth like bacteria, we've been destroying the planet but animals have been replenishing it. Yeah, crazy theory and I have no scientific evidence to use to back it up, but it was just a thought. lol.

#6    MySummerJob

MySummerJob

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:29 AM

Dark entity on Jun 6 2009, 06:49 AM, said:

humans have spread around the earth like bacteria, we've been destroying the planet

So the matrix was right! We are parasites!!

Posted Image

#7    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:50 AM

I often ponder upon these very such thoughts and ideas myself; some ideas are just way to bizarre of concepts, and so goes the Mind of a Thinker outside of the Box in constant Working, here is the one I was ponde4ring upon today.

I was pondering somewhat upon these same lines today while driving the country side in the car, an overcast clouding day it was, what came to mind was thought of a new Cloud formation, it is said never before seen, but I am really wondering if that rings true, so what if the Poles shift, disrupting Deep Ocean Currents and Temperate climes. What is the Horrible this predicted in the vision of the ancients came not just true, the Demonic Winged Horrors dipping down in flight grotesquely turning in mid flight and returning to the hideous yet beautiful cloud formations, what if those demons where here many many centuries ago because the Earth was taking into its atmosphere do to its weekend Ozone far more solar radiation and with it the horrors of an unseen word, I mean the Earth and other plants mind you are in constant changing motions. What if the Earth is going through a change where the Horrors of Revelation come into existence?

Pavot

#8    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

I think that the earth goes through planetary changes from time to time, don't know exactly why they are caused though, just the way the earth is I guess.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#9    allen_iverson

allen_iverson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

• If Speed kills, Then I slaughter

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

earth is kind of like a living thing if you pollute its air and water you can destroy it. It depends on the sun and organisms to sustain its atmosphere so things can live off its soil.

as in earths returning to it child state only if humans where non existence then the plants would grow wild the air will return to being clean and waters will be clear again, and for the dinosaurs they are extinct that **** will never happen

Godspeed

#10    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

As above, so below.

What ever decay or bounty we gather in the spirit world we also find in the material. If we are polluting the Earth it is because we have already polluted our hearts and minds first.

In a way vast amounts of people are being geared to not meet their full intellectual potential. Schools do not really teach even though they could if they were designed to as they have for hundreds of years.

The decay began within us first then slowly spreads outward into the world until one day our whole Universe will not exist...even though we still will.

As within, so without.

#11    Tornado

Tornado

Huh?

• 1,215 posts

• You can't take someone's picture. They have to give it to you.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

I read your sub-title as "Are We Slowly Reverting To A Caravan State?"

Idiot!

Sorry, just a useless comment there.

"Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister"

#12    Michael J Jackson

Michael J Jackson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• R.I.P Michael Jackson

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

The way we act towards each other, I'd swear we're still developing from the cavemen....

Posted Image

#13    Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

• ... Hot ... DAMN ... TAMALE ...

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

Undeadskeptic on Jun 6 2009, 09:37 AM, said:

According to an offshoot of this theory, the Earth, just like any living creature will slowly break down over time. Imagine an old lady, getting wrinklier and wrinklier, until she's as defensless and incapable as her baby-self. So the Earth will do this too, slowly disconnecting it's ecological links with the species. Intelligent life was the latest to develop, so will disintergrate fastest. Single Celled organsims develop0ed in the primordial ooze before all else and will disappear last.

Hey! I knew I wasn't mad when I heard little voices coming from my toe infection! laugh.gif

"From atop these pyramids, forty centuries look down upon you." -- Napoleon Bonaparte to his soldiers before the Battle of Giza, 1798

#14    Ins0mniac

Ins0mniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

Tornado on Jun 10 2009, 06:06 AM, said:

I read your sub-title as "Are We Slowly Reverting To A Caravan State?"

Idiot!

Sorry, just a useless comment there.

I think some of us could evolve into caravans. It'd be quite useful during the summer holidays.

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams

#15    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• 1,889 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

Maybe it's not the Earth, it's humanity that needs to back pedal some.

FACEBOOK!
Posted Image
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users