Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Backwards Earth?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

wow now im wondering what would happen if we just destroy earth? contaminate its water burn all the trees everything it needs it would still just be earth..funny thing tho earth would only heal itself right? regrow trees. i think we are the ones who are keepin it alive and well, when u think about it , it is like a big cell and everything in it is useful even the bad things. yet mostly were the ones who mess it up

were like parasites or something we mess it up, but dont want to mess it up enough to kill ourselves too

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#17    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Lost Souls on Jun 16 2009, 09:23 AM, said:

wow now im wondering what would happen if we just destroy earth? contaminate its water burn all the trees everything it needs it would still just be earth..funny thing tho earth would only heal itself right? regrow trees. i think we are the ones who are keepin it alive and well, when u think about it , it is like a big cell and everything in it is useful even the bad things. yet mostly were the ones who mess it up

were like parasites or something we mess it up, but dont want to mess it up enough to kill ourselves too

Hmm dunno, I suppose that may depend on how badly the earth was stripped of it's resources, I do think we as a race are capable of rendering this planet to a giant lifeless rock. It would depend on how deep the damage went.

But hopefully the planet would kick us off before it came to that...

Posted Image

#18    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,765 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

I will second that Blondigiest
Tahkns
B???

Posted Image

#19    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

I will be frank. That is a beautiful theory. There's some aspect of peace to it that I, admittedly, think would be absolutely awesome.

Alas. We shall never know.

#20    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth. Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them. The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another. We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth. In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled.   KennyB

#21    Ceres

Ceres

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:26 AM

Ebonykrow on Jun 17 2009, 03:39 PM, said:

I will be frank. That is a beautiful theory. There's some aspect of peace to it that I, admittedly, think would be absolutely awesome.

Alas. We shall never know.

that's exactly what i was thinking. glad i'm not the only one who thinks so.

"When in doubt, know your way out."

#22    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,714 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

KennyB on Jun 17 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth.

How the hell can you say we're not???

Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them.

Yes. The more farmland is farmed, the more nutrients and minerals it loses. Over-farming can lead to drastic famine.

The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another.

This is one of the most naive comments I've ever read on this website. Naive, uneducated attitudes like yours are dangerous.

We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth.

And it gets worse.

Mining is one of the most polluting industries there is. Arsenic and other dangerous chemicals and heavy metals are siphoned off and run into rivers, which go downstream and ruin farmland and trees either side of the water. The clean up cost of mining in America runs into billions of dollars, and has left vast tracts of ruined land.

In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled.   KennyB

Oh. Dear. I seriously hope you are never in a position of authority or power. Ever.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#23    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

KennyB on Jun 17 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth. Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them. The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another. We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth. In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled.   KennyB

Be thankful Emma got here before I did.

#24    chaseh1

chaseh1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Reading that was about a minute of my life i will never get back. what a load of ****

#25    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:58 AM

I posted a reply but it didn't take. I'll try again.   So you didn't like my remarks about the Earth, huh?  Why do you hate the human race so much? Do you think we should shut down all the mines, stop cutting timber, quit farming, close all the factories and let the pore lil' mistreated chunk of rockcalled Earth return to it's pristine state? You realize, of course, that would mean the end of the human race, including you and your families? I wish each of you would take a walking trip deep into any Nationial Forest with absolutely no supplies and try to live completely 'off the land' for one week. I'll guarantee you'll change your mind, if you survived it.  KennyB

#26    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:05 AM

KennyB on Jun 23 2009, 08:58 PM, said:

I posted a reply but it didn't take. I'll try again.   So you didn't like my remarks about the Earth, huh?  Why do you hate the human race so much? Do you think we should shut down all the mines, stop cutting timber, quit farming, close all the factories and let the pore lil' mistreated chunk of rockcalled Earth return to it's pristine state? You realize, of course, that would mean the end of the human race, including you and your families? I wish each of you would take a walking trip deep into any Nationial Forest with absolutely no supplies and try to live completely 'off the land' for one week. I'll guarantee you'll change your mind, if you survived it.  KennyB

With any luck, if people like you have nothing to say about it we'll be able to do just that.

#27    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,714 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

KennyB on Jun 24 2009, 02:58 AM, said:

Brilliant. Not relevant to anything I said.

There is a difference between living off the land and over-exploiting it. And you didn't address the fact that your post was utterly, irresponsibly wrong. Mining for iron, building an iron ship and then letting the iron ship rust in a dockyard til it completely disappears (in about 300 years time) is not "recycling". The arsenic run-off from a mine is not supposed to be flooding into a stream. The chemicals coming off a rusting hulk are not supposed to be seeping into the ocean.

Please tell me you get this.

I said that farming damages the land. This can be rectified with responsible farming, not over-using land and not using pesticides. Unfortunately, these practises aren't utilised nearly enough - over-farming causes famine, we have historical evidence for this.

I also said that mining is an incredibly polluting industry, one that hugely affects the land around it (usually farm land) and one that is very difficult to get those responsible to clean up, let alone foot the bill. Most used mines are left as they are, with chemicals running into the surrounding land, and the taxpayer with the bill.

It isn't as simple a choice as just Leaving The Earth In A Pristine State vs Polluting The Hell Out Of It as you seem to think. You can have responsible industry you know.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#28    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,573 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Emma_Acid on Jun 24 2009, 07:27 PM, said:

I said that farming damages the land. This can be rectified with responsible farming, not over-using land and not using pesticides. Unfortunately, these practises aren't utilised nearly enough - over-farming causes famine, we have historical evidence for this.

Not saying your points aren't valid, but would be interested to know what you think the alternatives are for world governments when they're faced with a constant population growth of 140 million per annum and a prediction of 9 billion souls inhabiting the planet in twenty to thirty years from now?  I'm sure everyone would love to live in peaceful little hamlets with pure air and home grown vegies.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 24 June 2009 - 01:18 PM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#29    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

The point I was trying to make was: The people are more important than the land. I know there is plenty of room for improvements but the hard fact is, all these people have to be fed, clothed and sheltered, and I mean right now. You can not let all these people die because you might overuse the land. It has been suggested that a mass population reduction is the answer. Maybe so, but until then, we're forced to carry on pretty much as we have. I didn't say I liked it, I just said that's the way it is, and probably will continue that way. KennyB

#30    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,371 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

KennyB on Jun 24 2009, 08:26 AM, said:

The point I was trying to make was: The people are more important than the land. I know there is plenty of room for improvements but the hard fact is, all these people have to be fed, clothed and sheltered, and I mean right now. You can not let all these people die because you might overuse the land. It has been suggested that a mass population reduction is the answer. Maybe so, but until then, we're forced to carry on pretty much as we have. I didn't say I liked it, I just said that's the way it is, and probably will continue that way. KennyB

The people are more important than the land?

So...if the land fails (as Emma and others have explained), what do the people do?

We can fall back on Soylent Green but what about water?

If we don't take care of the land our problems will eventually take care of themselves.   rolleyes.gif

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users