Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I'm sure I'll get slated but....

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

Count on Jun 10 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

Out of the country of Greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed…
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror.

What's weird is that this doesn't actually appear to be written by Nostradamus himself.  Doing a google search on the first two lines only gives sources that say "yea he wrote it", but they never cite WHERE he wrote it, nor is there any link to Nostradamus's work itself.

So I went and got his quatrains in there direct translation from french from two different sources:

http://www.astrology-online.com/nostradamus-centuries.txt
http://www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk/c9.htm

And searched them for "blue turban".  Out of all 10 centuries of his work and the contents of his work and the sixains, the only time the words "blue turban" appear together are in quatrain 9,73:

The Blue Turban King entered into Foix,
And he will reign less than an evolution of Saturn:
The White Turban King Byzantium heart banished,
Sun, Mars and Mercury near Aquarius.

Not exactly terrifying.  
So now we're left with a few options:  A.) Nostradamus did not write this and it was simply attributed to him by people who were mistaken or blatantly making up material, or B.) He did write it and I can't find it anywhere.  Which doesn't really mean much anyway if you don't believe in Nostradamus (I don't) and don't believe in the antichrist (I don't) and don't think Barack Obama IS the antichrist (I don't).

#17    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

i believe in cocacola!

This is a deep thought.... subsoil.

#18    284dan

284dan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Best thing to happen to this planet would be a one world government. That and getting rid of all religion. I think the world would be more peaceful. I would think any highly advanced race on other planets only got there because of a one world government type entity. The problem with this upcoming one world government are the greedy idiots running it that have no compassion for human life. It cant be run right when it is based on greed and power and ruling over others.

#19    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

284dan on Jun 13 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

Best thing to happen to this planet would be a one world government. That and getting rid of all religion. I think the world would be more peaceful. I would think any highly advanced race on other planets only got there because of a one world government type entity. The problem with this upcoming one world government are the greedy idiots running it that have no compassion for human life. It cant be run right when it is based on greed and power and ruling over others.

What does this have to do with the discussion about Nostradamus predicting that Barack Obama is the antichrist*?

*Did I seriously just type those words?

#20    Count

Count

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

I don't think Nostradamus predicted Barack Obama was the antichrist as such..infact I don't really believe nor disbelieve any end of the world theory it's all ifs and buts however for arguments sake say that there is to be an antichrist and the bible wasn't all bull all along then Obama definately has a lot of the qualities attributed to the early days of the antichrist's coming, ontop of which there are certain facets that fit with Nostradamus predictions also...roughly I admit but not completely outwith the realms of possibility. None of us can prove or disprove anything until the time has passed but I feel it would be a reasonable discussion to have anyway.

As for a one world government I think that's about the worst thing that could happen because it will only ever corrupt whoever leads it...no one person can be leader of the entire world without it going to their head, I do however agree that religion in all it's guises have and will continue to seriously hamper progress on earth.

#21    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

Nick.J.95 on Jun 12 2009, 02:19 AM, said:

Excellent point. Give your grandma a hug for me...  mellow.gif

yeah man. =]

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#22    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,085 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

Darknight1 on Jun 11 2009, 04:28 PM, said:

Nope. Its Hillary Clinton. bum bum buuuuum

i thought it was Palin
linked-image

jordiver on Jun 14 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

i believe in cocacola!

lol

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#23    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Just read the news so you can see the one world goverment is a longshot right now.

This is a deep thought.... subsoil.

#24    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Your grandmother is blessed, indeed, to know this truth. Unfortunately, for most (practically all) of us, this truth is so unbearable. Our consciousness does its many dances to avoid the inevitable of total destruction of the soul, essence, energy. Some say, it is the reason why we reincarnate over and over again because we couldn't handle this ultimate death.

Lost Souls on Jun 12 2009, 03:17 AM, said:

my grandma says the world going to end only when u die. so besides that im not worried about anything. i mean if it does come what about it? u die anyways. or live and what of it?

#25    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Don't forget there are two men supposedly who instigate the end in the Bible, the false prophet, and the antichrist. The false prophet is supposedly very manipulative and basically turns the masses towards the sway of the antichrist, or so the story goes.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 15 June 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#26    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,299 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

SpIdErCyDe on Jun 15 2009, 08:14 PM, said:

Don't forget there are two men supposedly who instigate the end in the Bible, the false prophet, and the antichrist. The false prophet is supposedly very manipulative and basically turns the masses towards the sway of the antichrist, or so the story goes.

Yes, but, weren't they supposed to be twins?

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#27    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

Eternal Light on Jun 15 2009, 07:56 PM, said:

Yes, but, weren't they supposed to be twins?

I've never heard of twin theory, where did you read that? Sounds pretty interesting.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 15 June 2009 - 09:30 PM.

#28    Lady Amethyst

Lady Amethyst

Psychic Spy

• 1,434 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

What I'm about to say is probably going to be as popular as syphillis at an orgy but it is merely a theory and here it is....

You're right, it was.

Posted Image

#29    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

KRS-One on Jun 13 2009, 05:18 PM, said:

What's weird is that this doesn't actually appear to be written by Nostradamus himself.  Doing a google search on the first two lines only gives sources that say "yea he wrote it", but they never cite WHERE he wrote it, nor is there any link to Nostradamus's work itself.

So I went and got his quatrains in there direct translation from french from two different sources:

http://www.astrology-online.com/nostradamus-centuries.txt
http://www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk/c9.htm

And searched them for "blue turban".  Out of all 10 centuries of his work and the contents of his work and the sixains, the only time the words "blue turban" appear together are in quatrain 9,73:

Not exactly terrifying.  
So now we're left with a few options:  A.) Nostradamus did not write this and it was simply attributed to him by people who were mistaken or blatantly making up material, or B.) He did write it and I can't find it anywhere.  Which doesn't really mean much anyway if you don't believe in Nostradamus (I don't) and don't believe in the antichrist (I don't) and don't think Barack Obama IS the antichrist (I don't).

Actually even the translation is questionnable. Lets not forget Nostradamus wrote in old french and in a very cryptic way, any translation should be taken with a grain of salt. Let me explain what I mean.

In French :
Dans Fois entrez Roy ceiulee Turban:
Et regnera moins euolu Saturne,
Roy Turban blanc Bizance coeur ban,
Sol, Mars, Mercure pres la hurne.

English Translation :

The Blue Turban King entered into Foix,
And he will reign less than an evolution of Saturn:
The White Turban King Byzantium heart banished,
Sun, Mars and Mercury near Aquarius.

1) ceiulee is just one of the spellings this word has been used in in the different writings of the quatrain 9.73. The others are "celulee" and "cerulee", this depends on when the quatrains where reproduced. But the word itself has two meanings which are kind of contradicting. If you take the origin of the word, it comes from the latin caeluleus or caruleus (either syntax seems correct) and "means color of the sky". But when used in the old french language, it is sometimes also used to describe the color red. For those who want the example : Prenez des roses rouges, de celles qui ont la couleur cerulée.

So the bleu turban can also be a red turban or the color of roses.

2) Then there is the word Fois which is translated as Foix in english.  Well translating it as Foix (with an x), is an assumption that Nostradamus was talking about the city of Foix. the problem is that Fois with an S means faith, as in belief, church, religion. "Dans fois entrez Roy", could also mean "The bleu (or red) Turban king enters the faith". This of course gives any interpretation a totally different spin.

So did Nostradamus write about Obama? Well, it's all in the eye of the beholder of course, but I seriously doubt it. Can you interpret Nostradamus that way? You can interpret him nearly any way you want. The centuries and Quatrains are so cryptic, even in French, that you'd have to be Nostradamus himself to make any sense of it.

Edited by TheSearcher, 17 June 2009 - 12:38 PM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#30    Mr Meowgi

Mr Meowgi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

Obama wants to release the guantanimo bay detainees into Australia, not America. The third Anti Christ isn't Obama, purely because heaps of people already think he is. If such a figure exists, I believe it would be a person that nobody suspects, lurking in the shadows until the right opportunity arises.

Anyway, it was Kim Jong Il in the conservatory, with a candlestick!!!! ohmy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users