Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A reason we havent found life...

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1    MeteoricErod

MeteoricErod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

• "All human beings, by nature, desire to know."

"The mind is like a parachute. It doesnít work unless itís open."

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I do believe that there is life on other planets. I refuse to believe that out of the billions of planets in the universe...we would be the only one to have life on it.

However, maybe the reason we havent found SPACE FARRING civilizations NEAR US is because there are none. I'm sure there's life elsewhere in the universe
but maybe they're not as advanced as we would think. They could be at the same level of intelligence as us humans or maybe they may be even more
primitive such as our early prehistoric ancestors.

Maybe life on other planets isn't a highly cultured civilization but maybe it's just "animals" with the intelligence of an ordinary dog which obviously don't have the intelligence to even leave their own atmosphere let alone travel great distances across the emptiness of space to locate other civilizations.
We wouldn't be able to detect life on a planet that has life with this level of intelligence unless we have super powerful telescopes that can pear through
the atmosphere and zoom in close enough to the surface that we can view such creatures...but it's highly unlikely.

I bet there are many more planets with "animalistic life" in the universe than there are space farring technological civilizations.
Of course, I'm sure there are highly intelligent beings somewhere in the cosmos but they sure aren't anywhere near us.

I dont know if I made any sense. I'm sure there are many other possible reasons as to why we havent made contact yet but I just
had this idea and thought I would share it with everyone.

Do you guys have any personal beliefs as to why we havent made contact yet????

Oh, and I'm new to the site so sorry if I messed up on something. Nice to meet you guys!!!

A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER...IS A DAY WASTED!!

#2    Count

Count

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I think your opinion is a valid one and you are most probably right in the sense that more planets are likely to have animalistic beings rather than fully fledged societies and super powers, my personal opinion goes a step further in that I fail to see why an alien race would even have the same concepts of civilization as we do, they would be likely to think in a completely different way and the history of their planets completely ..well alien to ours...I doubt they would have the same concept of society or of war or of curiosity. People assume that aliens visit Earth to study it or to satisfy their curiosity but it is entirely reasonable to suggest that they possibly don't care remotely what is on our planet, it's possible that that study and research is incmprehensible to them and that they do things which we could never even dream of or seem completely illogical to us.

#3    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,226 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 03:39 PM, said:

[...] "animals" with the intelligence of an ordinary dog which obviously don't have the intelligence [...]

off-topic  That reminded me of Seinfeld's bit:

On my block, a lot of people walk their dogs, and I always see them walking along with their little poop bags, which to me is just the lowest function of human life. If aliens are watching this through telescopes, they're gonna think the dogs are the leaders. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume was in charge?
link

Anyway, we still have no idea (and evidence) about lifeforms outside our globe...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#4    shaka5

shaka5

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

• I always call people fools for wanting to learn the hard way....When I'm really the fool for tryna teach 'em

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

you've made complete sense in my eyes...there probably are some planets with just animals and no humanoid beings or however you wanna put it, but i do think we've been visited. I hate when people(not you) question, why would any advance civilization come here to study us?)...the same reason why us humans are going into space looking for other life, or even here on earth studying animals...i don't see what would be so hard to see in that, if we knew of a planet with uncivilized beings on it, i mean like cavemen, every single person on this planet would be curious...but this universe is so old, our technology is only bout 100 years of real advanced work, imagine beings thats been around for billions of years and have been into technology, think what things they can do...i think just because we have no hard evidence doesn't mean its not out there

I have less compassion than the average human.

#5    D1CKY D1AMOND

D1CKY D1AMOND

Ambassador to Earth

• 1,369 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

I do believe that there is life on other planets. I refuse to believe that out of the billions of planets in the universe...we would be the only one to have life on it.

However, maybe the reason we havent found SPACE FARRING civilizations NEAR US is because there are none. I'm sure there's life elsewhere in the universe
but maybe they're not as advanced as we would think. They could be at the same level of intelligence as us humans or maybe they may be even more

Maybe life on other planets isn't a highly cultured civilization but maybe it's just "animals" with the intelligence of an ordinary dog which obviously don't have the intelligence to even leave their own atmosphere let alone travel great distances across the emptiness of space to locate other civilizations.
We wouldn't be able to detect life on a planet that has life with this level of intelligence unless we have super powerful telescopes that can pear through
the atmosphere and zoom in close enough to the surface that we can view such creatures...but it's highly unlikely.

I bet there are many more planets with "animalistic life" in the universe than there are space farring technological civilizations.
Of course, I'm sure there are highly intelligent beings somewhere in the cosmos but they sure aren't anywhere near us.

I dont know if I made any sense. I'm sure there are many other possible reasons as to why we havent made contact yet but I just

Oh, and I'm new to the site so sorry if I messed up on something. Nice to meet you guys!!!

I have come to the belief that there are no such things as space faring super advanced civilizations and instead put forward that the only life forms capable of not only unlocking FTL but surviving deep space travel are non biological.

#6    MeteoricErod

MeteoricErod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

D1CKY D1AMOND on Jun 11 2009, 08:15 PM, said:

I have come to the belief that there are no such things as space faring super advanced civilizations and instead put forward that the only life forms capable of not only unlocking FTL but surviving deep space travel are non biological.

You do have a point...I've never thought of it like that.  happy.gif

#7    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

There are thousands of people who would disagree with that. We just lack the evidence for soild proof.

#8    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

Nice to meet you too, Meteoric..

Nice post as well, one which illustrates some very rational thinking.

I am inclined to agree with you!

The universe is a very, very...very big place....

#9    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,684 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

MICHIO KAKU - PHYSICS & ALIENS

#10    D1CKY D1AMOND

D1CKY D1AMOND

Ambassador to Earth

• 1,369 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 04:04 PM, said:

You do have a point...I've never thought of it like that.  happy.gif

Glad to be of service.

Of course I can't say that this belief is how it is but it would explain things like why wouldn't an 'alien' life form want to make contact with us.

#11    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,312 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

mcrom901 on Jun 11 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

I do like Dr. Kaku in the fact he tries to explain the complicated in a non complicated way. Maybe to simple at times but very good work on his part.

Your avi is just wrong  tongue.gif

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#12    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

The reason we haven't found life yet is because our technology isn't sophisticated enough to travel beyond our solar system. However, who is to say that sophisticated life hasn't found US?

Let's think about this for a second. We are just another fish in this huge universal pond. In fact, we are simply a cell which creates the fish residing in this pond. There are BILLIONS, if not... TRILLIONS of planets out there and most likely, they do contain life. It is arrogant of us to believe that we are the only ones in this universe with the ability to walk and talk as well as manipulate technologies. It is downright STUPID, for lack of a better word.

If, perse, these ETs that are supposedly visiting us actually exist... what if they are trying to find life as well? And the closest thing to their planet that contains life is us? Perhaps that is why they are visiting us.. they are interested in us.

I am appalled at how people can actually believe that we are the only living beings capable of manipulating sophisticated technology. Simply appalled...

#13    MeteoricErod

MeteoricErod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

Alienated Being on Jun 12 2009, 01:01 AM, said:

The reason we haven't found life yet is because our technology isn't sophisticated enough to travel beyond our solar system. However, who is to say that sophisticated life hasn't found US?

Let's think about this for a second. We are just another fish in this huge universal pond. In fact, we are simply a cell which creates the fish residing in this pond. There are BILLIONS, if not... TRILLIONS of planets out there and most likely, they do contain life. It is arrogant of us to believe that we are the only ones in this universe with the ability to walk and talk as well as manipulate technologies. It is downright STUPID, for lack of a better word.

If, perse, these ETs that are supposedly visiting us actually exist... what if they are trying to find life as well? And the closest thing to their planet that contains life is us? Perhaps that is why they are visiting us.. they are interested in us.

I am appalled at how people can actually believe that we are the only living beings capable of manipulating sophisticated technology. Simply appalled...

I never ruled out the possibility that there would be "living beings capable of manipulating sophisticated technology".

#14    MeteoricErod

MeteoricErod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

MID on Jun 11 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

Nice to meet you too, Meteoric..

Nice post as well, one which illustrates some very rational thinking.

I am inclined to agree with you!

The universe is a very, very...very big place....

Nice to meet you MID

grin2.gif

#15    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

MeteoricErod on Jun 11 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

I never ruled out the possibility that there would be "living beings capable of manipulating sophisticated technology".

:? Well, we can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users