Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Crater Lake murders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

She who carries a big sword

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:40 AM

www.craterlakeinstitute.com)

Was it a mob hit? A robbery? The mystery, 50 years old today, is far from forgotten

On July 21, 1952, a trail crew discovered the bodies of two General Motors executives murdered in the woods of Crater Lake National Park.The men had been shot in the head execution style. Their mouths were gagged with their own neckties. Their shoes had been removed from their feet, and one pair had been stolen.

linked-image Read more...

Old story but interesting.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#2    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

This is an intresting cold case. Always feel so sad for the families and friends that things like this remain unsolved, as it must be awful for them  sad.gif

From the article:

Both men’s dentures were in their front shirt pockets. The socks on their shoeless feet were clean. Their cash and watches were missing.

In addition to a single bullet wound each, they had bruised groin areas, and Jones’ skull was fractured.

I wonder what a killer would be thinking to remove dentures? And the bruised areas, a bit odd, wonder what that was about?  huh.gif

A shame there was not more detail about the 'confession' from Moore, to ascertain if it was feasible or just an attention-seeker in the wife.

Interesting, as it could of course have been linked to the workplace/union too. Lots of loose ends there, a fascinating thread- thanks MI  thumbsup.gif

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#3    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

This is the part that got me

"Last spring, Cheryl Ousey, 47, was taking a class at Rogue Community College when she heard about the Crater Lake murders. She spent three months obsessively investigating the crime for a research paper. Her extensive report is now part of the files at the Southern Oregon Historical Society.

"Culhane was a big mucky-muck with the company, and there were problems with the union then," Ousey said. "It was a hit."

She gave a presentation on the murders Thursday at the Klamath County Museum. About 40 seniors showed up. The last to walk in was a "suspicious-looking" man in a long-sleeved shirt, she said. Ousey’s friend noticed the man because of the way he studied the names in the guest book so intensely.

He was missing a finger. "

The bruises in the groin, that to me says who ever killed them was really peeved at them, was trying to show them that he was more macho than them. Same with the missing dentures, the stolen shoes, it seems to me it was like a final "up yours" to the victims.

Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#4    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• 2,356 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:30 AM

Here's an old article from the time of the murders that I missed the night I posted this. Obviously nothing came of it or the 2002 story wouldnt have been published
http://www.craterlakeinstitute.com/crater-.../3-suspects.htm

Aristotle

Stephen Hawking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users