Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Secrecy VS The people's right to know

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16    Angelfish

Angelfish

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

• If you could see it, then you'd understand.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

You're absolutely right, their are things that we just shouldn't know.
But we should be told regardless because it is our right as human beings to possess knowledge that others have.
"All men (and women) are created Equal" can't remember who said that, but it was said and it is true. It's a gross violation of human rights for one to keep an immense secret -a secret that could change the world forever- from others because of the fear of the reaction!
It is also horribly wrong for someone to have access to such knowledge while others don't because that someone has a better job or social standing!

if you click this, the world will blow up
Posted Image
Ya know, a few days ago I found a better explaination(sp?) for Angelfish than "Cus it sounds cool".
But than I realized there was no one around to hear it, and I got really depressed.
I hope you all intend to make me feel better.

#17    mickyboy

mickyboy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• get away frorm me son ya bother me

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:23 PM

It may be wrong but your overlooking one of the basic facts behind "the secret", we cant know, we cant because we are deemed too insecure as a nation or a people to have the capability to understand the information available, the powers that be deem us as children in their eyes because they think we can't handle the truth, I know I got the "secret" side of this debate and I think i put my case forward with the knowledge that there are secrets and they will never be revealed to us as a people, maybe the future generations will be deemed acceptable for the truth but right now in our chaotic climate i dont think it will happen.  

Then let us again examine whether that is a sound statement, or do we let it pass, and if one of us, or someone else, merely says that something is so, do we accept that it is so? Or should we examine what the speaker means?

Socrates

#18    mickyboy

mickyboy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

THE CONCLUSION

I am open minded and I try to gain as much knowledge and experience as I go through life, one thing that worries me is what governments know and what is kept from the general public, we've seen in the past that secrets do come out, whether it be political or something more sinister, secrets do come out, but, I can't help but wonder about the secrets that will never be known, I say that again, that will never be known, we as a people can only speculate on what these secrets are and hope that some of them even though they have been kept from us as a people will one day influence us as a race, I enjoyed taking part in this debate and look forward to sparring with Angelfish a little more, maybe she can have the secret side next time ok!!! grin2.gif  

Then let us again examine whether that is a sound statement, or do we let it pass, and if one of us, or someone else, merely says that something is so, do we accept that it is so? Or should we examine what the speaker means?

Socrates

#19    Angelfish

Angelfish

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

Who exactly deems us "insecure"?
The Government? How can they? They don't have that right, they are us! They aren't any better than the rest of us!
It doesn't matter if we understand it or not! I've been told millions of things I don't understand! We deserve to know. It is our right.

Posted Image
Ya know, a few days ago I found a better explaination(sp?) for Angelfish than "Cus it sounds cool".
But than I realized there was no one around to hear it, and I got really depressed.

#20    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:52 PM

Angelfish would you like to post a conclusion as well before the debate ends ?

#21    mickyboy

mickyboy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:55 PM

i enjoyed it

Edited by mickyboy, 06 May 2004 - 07:56 PM.

Socrates

#22    Angelfish

Angelfish

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ May 6 2004, 03:52 PM)
Angelfish would you like to post a conclusion as well before the debate ends ?

no thanx.
I'm all debated out.

Posted Image

#23    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:43 AM

Ok thanks to both of you for taking part in this debate, i should have the results for you later on today.

thumbsup.gif  

#24    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

Right then the results for this debate are in, it looks like Mickyboy managed to win by just a single point, so well done to you.  thumbsup.gif

The totals will now be posted up on the debate results thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users